Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Prescott says 'no'

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
pigin stripes said:
The facts have not come from the club, and remember to me when I say club I see a bigger picture than North Point Offices and Queens Road shop.
I don't mind what people think I am used to it, I have been bloody busy and havn't been here since speaking to JP.
Just saw this post and thought let you all know.
In my daily role I speak with lots of people and when Labour were in town its amazing how many want a be's will talk to you.
Enough said, I am hope I am wrong but wait and see, by the way the 28 day blackout is for appeals etc to be started.
enough said........before I really tell you something that would drop me in it:angry:

I'm not saying you haven't picked up on a few bits of info which may be true but theres no way the club knows and talk of 28 days blackouts is rubbish.

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Last post on this..............Behave yes this is my club and I want the best; but this is also my job.
28 days ask anyone you trust at board level (remember there is more than DK and MP). Believe me this bit is true cos if it aint!!!!! remember this came from the man himself JP.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Sorry 28 day blackout with all the people who now know.
1.The Board of our club
2.Lewes Distict Council
3. Falmer Parish Council
4. Brighton and Hove Council
and many more:nono: :nono:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
so it's
no to f***ing Falmer then i knew it.:angry:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
lETS ASK THE CLUB SATURDAY DURING THE GAME.STOP THE GAME TIME AGAIN:censored: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Quote:

For those who want to listen the answer has been sent to the club, several days ago. My understanding from those who know and I am led to believe only the main 3 persons involved know the result is being delayed for 28 days until its made public.
A official response is to be made by a firm of solicitors acting for JP. on the 25/10/05.

NO I don't know the result however from what I have been told I believe its a NO, but with a yes for Sheepcote

Unquote

This I find extremley worrying - if true.

If the govt. says yes to Sheepcote, would there have to be another inquiry? I would say yes, but then whats the point cos if an Inspector says No - then we just say well the Govt has already said Yes, we can put our Stadium here. I am confused.

Who ownns the land at Sheepcote? Would the Council support this site?

Personally such posts annoy me - i really cannot believe the Club/FPC/LDC all know the result and yet nobody is saying anything.........

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
More holes in the 28 day black out claim. The club can't lodge an appeal and all interested parties have to be told at once. If there is a 28 day black out ANYWHERE it means the decision would have been made on 3rd of october at the latest - very unlikely.

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
iHOPE YOU ARE RIGHT, WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO SPREAD RUMOURS ON THIS SUBJECT. WE WANT FACT NOT HEARSAY.:p

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Why have a 28 day blackout? What would this achieve? If you are going to appeal a 28 day blackout won't have any effect on the decision to do it or not.

The chances are that over the course of 28days something would leak out in the press. FPC & LDC could not keep quiet for that long if it were a NO.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
sullyupthewing said:
Sorry 28 day blackout with all the people who now know.
1.The Board of our club
2.Lewes Distict Council
3. Falmer Parish Council
4. Brighton and Hove Council
and many more:nono: :nono:

Look, if either LDC or FPC know already, then the result would be leaked - especially if it was a NO - there would already be dancing around the duck pond in Falmer. There is no credible reason for the decision to be made, the results given to the interested parties, but them not being allowed to go public.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well i have heard it will be yes.

i wont reveal my sources.

but my dad is head of politics @ varndean college so he has contact with quite a few politicans.

:)

make of that what you will.

plus I've never spread a rumour on here before,why would I start now?

Last edited:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
balloonboy said:
Look, if either LDC or FPC know already, then the result would be leaked - especially if it was a NO - there would already be dancing around the duck pond in Falmer. There is no credible reason for the decision to be made, the results given to the interested parties, but them not being allowed to go public.

THATS WHAT I SAID.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
There will be violence. Of that I am sure.

Does this mean you are going to carry out your threat to nail your foreskin to the crossbar at Withdean and do loop the loops until Prezza reconsiders and says "Yes"?

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
These posts will start to increase over the coming weeks.

Using the reason of sods law , the answer will be given:

1/ This Thursday when I will have no contact with the outside world all day (don't ask)

2/ 24th-28th Oct when I am in a field in Cornwall where they've only jut heard that the King has died (George not Elvis)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would wager a no verdict wouldn't be announced between here and next Tuesday as the Met probably wouldn't appreciate 2,500 irate Brighton fans in South London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here