Yes - but Sheepcote Valley 3/1

Those odds don't suggest you are 98% certain :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If Prescott says 'no'

Icy Gull said:
There has to be a(secret) plan B or the wrong people are running this club, which they're not. Apologies if that sounds a bit Irish.

Exactly. It would be Grossly negligent of the board to not have considered what we will do if there is a No decision.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If Prescott says 'no'

Albion Dan said:
Exactly. It would be Grossly negligent of the board to not have considered what we will do if there is a No decision.

They will resign.
We haven't got the wherewithall to fight for another site.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If Prescott says 'no'

Yorkie said:
They will resign.
We haven't got the wherewithall to fight for another site.

Taxi for these three :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

protest2.jpg

Yorkie and Ernest are probably right.

No-one else is lined up to take over, of course. So I guess we'd just sink. Whether it would be a gradual climb down the league into the Conference, or a quick tumble off the cliff would be a matter of speculation.

But I'm confident that it won't be a straight NO.

Gaffer, though, is talking sense:-

Gaffer said:
Calm down lads. They did not just pick October 31 out of thin air. They (the civil servants) knew that they had to wait for Prescott to get back to Westminster after the party conference season and for Parliament to open again and find time in Prescott's diary to give him the papers with a recommendation .
You can bet that those looking after the South Downs National Park Inquiry are talking to the Falmer inquiry civil servants to make sure there is not a conflict,or if there is, preparing papers for JP so he and his top Sir Humphrey can sort it out.

So we may have to wait until the last week of the month, possibly Tuesday 25 when the parties concerned at the Inquiry receive the letter of decision by courier.

JP will not announce the decision in a way that smacks of bias or trying to make political capital, for if he did so, the decision could be challenged as not being based on planning terms. So, I cannot see an announcement at a match as being the way in which the decision is announced.

As to what the decision will be, the odds must be in favour of Falmer. Otherwise surely JP would have accepted the First Inquiry recommendation not to proceed. And all the evidence at the second Inquiry suggested that Falmer whilst it has its problems is still the best of a bad job and it's affordable unlike the other sites with the possible exception of Sheepcote Valley.

Last edited:

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
For those who want to listen the answer has been sent to the club, several days ago. My understanding from those who know and I am led to believe only the main 3 persons involved know the result is being delayed for 28 days until its made public.
A official response is to be made by a firm of solicitors acting for JP. on the 25/10/05.

NO I don't know the result however from what I have been told I believe its a NO, but with a yes for Sheepcote.

:cool:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
If you are aware of the out come give us more details. If i heard any inside infor i would tell all on this subject, we all have a right to know. Anyway don.t think Knight and Perry could keep this secret.:cool:

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Look I can't say my login gives it away, Beach Hut knows who I am and I don't post tish, all I can say is I spoke with JP and he gave me the heads up I made a few calls to those I know involved, and was told a little, however most know I am a fan and monitor the boards, so I can't be clearer than that.
Read my post above I have told it very wishy washy but you all get the picture:jester:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
pigin stripes said:
For those who want to listen the answer has been sent to the club, several days ago. My understanding from those who know and I am led to believe only the main 3 persons involved know the result is being delayed for 28 days until its made public.
A official response is to be made by a firm of solicitors acting for JP. on the 25/10/05.

NO I don't know the result however from what I have been told I believe its a NO, but with a yes for Sheepcote.

With all due respect I think that is twaddle, if the club has the answer so would LDC and FPC and there is no way they could keep that under wraps .:nono:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
pigin stripes said:

Er.... JP does not use "a firm of solicitors". A civil servant writes a letter on the lines of " I am directed by The Deputy Prime Minister ....."
And 3 main persons involved? Let's see B & H A FC/Brighton City Council/ Lewes District council/ Falmer Parish Council plus the legal guys. Makes more than 3 in my book.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Caveman said:
What ever the decision, we will fight on and this is why....

Forever Brighton

Sends shivers down my spine listening to that. The memories of that day and Hereford will stay with me forever.

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Great like being at work........people not believing or trusting.
FACT 1 I spoke with JP, he remembered me from last year as the Pigi who handed him the Falmer for all flyer.
FACT 2 he said the decision would be given by the firm of solicitors and not civil servents. Experts in planning.

The 2 above are gospel as they happened to me etc.

FACT 3 he told me the 28 days bit and the 3 persons know.

Hearsay It's at Sheepcote. This is based on the fact of info that came from the club.

Not Fact but More than hearsay its a NO.

Take it out of that

:censored:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It's rubbish that the club already know, it would completely jeopardise the results of the enquiry regardless of the site.

I think it's safe to say the following:

JP would like to say yes to Falmer. He had as good a chance as he could have hoped for to say no after the first enquiry. His stance on similar issues backs our side.

The point of this 2nd enquiry was to decide soley on planning grounds if Falmer can be justified/interpreted as the least objectionable available site. If Falmer is recommended ODPM can enter a few conditions (not capacity) and it won't be successfully challenged at a judicial review. This in effect is just legalising on planning grounds the publics yes/yes referendum vote which could have been contested at a JR.

If it's not Falmer the current boards only option as plan B is Withdean up to 12000 with a permanent south stand including hospitality/boxes etc to bring in revenue. I don't think they will have the money for another enquiry - which will happen regardless of site.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
IF THE CLUB KNOW HOW COME YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE GETTING ANY INSIDE INFOR:angry:

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
The facts have not come from the club, and remember to me when I say club I see a bigger picture than North Point Offices and Queens Road shop.
I don't mind what people think I am used to it, I have been bloody busy and havn't been here since speaking to JP.
Just saw this post and thought let you all know.
In my daily role I speak with lots of people and when Labour were in town its amazing how many want a be's will talk to you.
Enough said, I am hope I am wrong but wait and see, by the way the 28 day blackout is for appeals etc to be started.
enough said........before I really tell you something that would drop me in it:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here