Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Prescott says 'no'

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
pigin stripes said:
For those who want to listen the answer has been sent to the club, several days ago. My understanding from those who know and I am led to believe only the main 3 persons involved know the result is being delayed for 28 days until its made public.
A official response is to be made by a firm of solicitors acting for JP. on the 25/10/05.

NO I don't know the result however from what I have been told I believe its a NO, but with a yes for Sheepcote.

:cool:
So, the club knows, and the answer is "NO", but still we get a story on the web site about Jakey wanting to be the first person to score at Falmer.....I'm pretty sure that if "the club" is in the know, that would include Paul C, and why would he write that if the decision was a No ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I love the fact that there are 3 main persons involved.
Who are these 3 main persons?

The parties involved are Lewis Council, Falmer Parish Council, Brighton and Hove council, the club solicitors, Lord B, the Regency society, Sussex Downsman etc etc etc all of whom would be sent a copy of the decision at the same time.
Who would want to keep their mouths shut?
Lewes? I doubt it. Falmer residents? Last time when they thought they had won they couldn't wait to uncork the champagne and inform SCR even though they had misread the information.

Yorkie said:
I love the fact that there are 3 main persons involved.
Who are these 3 main persons?

The parties involved are Lewis Council, Falmer Parish Council, Brighton and Hove council, the club solicitors, Lord B, the Regency society, Sussex Downsman etc etc etc all of whom would be sent a copy of the decision at the same time.
Who would want to keep their mouths shut?
Lewes? I doubt it. Falmer residents? Last time when they thought they had won they couldn't wait to uncork the champagne and inform SCR even though they had misread the information.
Exactly what I thought,do you remember that sour faced old testicle Cutress crowing with her glass of asti?hope she che chokes on it,As Terry Garrogan once said"theres f*** all jam in a Forfars doughnut"

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
s.stubbs said:
Exactly what I thought,do you remember that sour faced old testicle Cutress crowing with her glass of asti?hope she che chokes on it,As Terry Garrogan once said"theres f*** all jam in a Forfars doughnut"

Allright stubbsy going to palace, got my tix today:wave:
These people with their bollox eh

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
3gulls said:
We will be told to of another suitable site. Cannot lose! :clap:

I'm not sure that's technically correct.

Prescott is still only saying yes or no to Falmer. Whilst he may suggest another site is suitable, he could feasibly say that no sites are suitable.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
clapham_gull said:
I'm not sure that's technically correct.

Prescott is still only saying yes or no to Falmer. Whilst he may suggest another site is suitable, he could feasibly say that no sites are suitable.

I thought it was only a hunt for a better stadium site, and that if none is found, he is ok to say yes to Falmer? ???

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
3gulls said:
I thought it was only a hunt for a better stadium, and that if none is found, he is ok to say yes to Falmer? ???

I'm no expert, but it's a question of Yes or No to Falmer is it not. Technically could say no to Falmer and deem none of the other sites are suitable either.

Only speaking theorectically

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could've said NO to Falmer over a year ago though, and he didn't. It was "prove Falmer is the best site out of these".

Which I'm pretty confident we then went ahead and did.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Point I'm making is that it isn't Prescott's remit to find us a site for the stadium if he says no the Falmer.

Although he may point out that another appears more suitable.

That's not a rubber stamp to build a stadium somewhere else is it ?

Am I mistaken ?

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
clapham_gull said:
Point I'm making is that it isn't Prescott's remit to find us a site for the stadium if he says no the Falmer.

Although he may point out that another appears more suitable.

That's not a rubber stamp to build a stadium somewhere else is it ?

Am I mistaken ?

If another site is recomended then the planning application would have to be submitted to the council as normal. and then maybe another session with ODPM. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.:shootself

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Correct me if I am wrong but Prescott has already agreed that the city needs a new stadium, we 'simply' have to prove Falmer is the best site.

Cutting through the spin, are any of the other sites a serious option ?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
e77 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but Prescott has already agreed that the city needs a new stadium, we 'simply' have to prove Falmer is the best site.

Cutting through the spin, are any of the other sites a serious option ?

Yes, Sheepcoat Valley looks good. Nice and local for the Whitehawk lads when the scum visit as well! :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now i can't say too much but

when i was having dinner with JP last night he told me that not only is he going to give us Falmer, but he will put up half the money for the build and insist on all England internationals being played there.

The night before in a bar with Diego and Ossie, they told me that they are planning to pump millions into the team and we should be competing in the champions league within the year.

I can't say anything more for now as my job could depend on it, but i got this from the horses mouth :rolleyes:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WATFORD zero said:
Now i can't say too much but

when i was having dinner with JP last night he told me that not only is he going to give us Falmer

What? He's giving Falmer to Orient? FFS how did that happen?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In terms of accessibility, Sheepcote is a complete nightmare - that should be the crippling nail in the coffin for that site. Other considerations are that, unlike the Falmer site, Sheepcote Valley is actually GENUINELY used by locals as a kind of nature reserve for walks etc, so the environmental impact of putting a stadium there is far greater than it is at Falmer.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hans i will say this only once

I am WATFORD zero, brighton born and bred (I used to be WATFORD 0 and although it wound him up a treat it confused too many people)

He is WATFORD O, Twat born & bred :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here