Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If not Wilkins then who?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Here's one example (the post that I made was from the BBC website - preseason 2005) He has also said similar in a programme but I haven't got the time to find which one at present. I will do soon
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=42243&highlight=Warnock

Hmm, not quite the same. It's one thing saying he admires the club (by which I taking a leap to make the assumption he means the tenacity of everyone involved in keeping the club going) - it's another thing saying he has a desire to want to work here.

After all, it's easy to admire something from afar. I used to do that all the time with Thora Hird.

Best move quickly if DK wants Warnock.........

SPL - Warnock targets Inverness job
Eurosport - Tue, 21 Aug 10:23:00 2007
Neil Warnock could be set for a shock return to management with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

More StoriesSPL table
The controversial Yorkshireman has been out of work since quitting Sheffield United in May, but said he would be "delighted" to take over at the Highlands club.

Caley manager Charlie Christie quit on Monday, citing personal reasons, prompting Warnock to register his interest in managing the SPL's basement club.

"I have often talked about managing up in Scotland," he told the Scottish Daily Star.

"We have family up there and my wife has already said she would like to live up in Scotland at some point.

"I'm dying to get back into the game and if Inverness or anybody else want to talk to me then I'd be delighted to do so."

Warnock is best-known for his combative management style that has led to numerous bust-ups with officials, players and managers.

Last season he was involved in a physical confrontation with Reading coach Wally Downes, who accused Warnock of ordering his players to stamp on their opponents.

Inverness are bottom of the Scottish top flight after three games, and are yet to score their first point.

It is believed former managers Craig Brewster and John Robertson are also in the running to replace Christie.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Best move quickly if DK wants Warnock.........

SPL - Warnock targets Inverness job
Eurosport - Tue, 21 Aug 10:23:00 2007
Neil Warnock could be set for a shock return to management with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

More StoriesSPL table
The controversial Yorkshireman has been out of work since quitting Sheffield United in May, but said he would be "delighted" to take over at the Highlands club.

Caley manager Charlie Christie quit on Monday, citing personal reasons, prompting Warnock to register his interest in managing the SPL's basement club.

"I have often talked about managing up in Scotland," he told the Scottish Daily Star.

"We have family up there and my wife has already said she would like to live up in Scotland at some point.

"I'm dying to get back into the game and if Inverness or anybody else want to talk to me then I'd be delighted to do so."

Warnock is best-known for his combative management style that has led to numerous bust-ups with officials, players and managers.

Last season he was involved in a physical confrontation with Reading coach Wally Downes, who accused Warnock of ordering his players to stamp on their opponents.

Inverness are bottom of the Scottish top flight after three games, and are yet to score their first point.

It is believed former managers Craig Brewster and John Robertson are also in the running to replace Christie.

Get with the programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/6961431.stm

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Peter Reid, anyone?

Not at this level...no way....

I just wonder if either adams or Warnock would apply if the job came up in the next month or so....

They would be the only two I can think of that could do a job...I think warnock would work miracles as he has done wherever he's been..

As for Adams..I wouldnt be expecting him to do what he did here last-time..But im very very confident he could stabilise us and push for a decent promotion challenge either this season or next.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Steve Bleasedale as manager and Ron atkinson as his number 2.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
keegan
murdoch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here