Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This is where I was a few weeks ago.

"Up side, Most of the players know him and should find it easy to adapt. He knows the club and still lives in the area.
Down side. For me personally was his snide comments about "if he wanted an easy life he would have stayed at Brighton" and the "History lesson"

I guess it is if TB thinks this would be a good move, then I trust his judgment. But I would not feel comfortable clapping his return"

My feelings have not changed.
You will still be in the same place in 10 years I imagine :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is where I was a few weeks ago.

"Up side, Most of the players know him and should find it easy to adapt. He knows the club and still lives in the area.
Down side. For me personally was his snide comments about "if he wanted an easy life he would have stayed at Brighton" and the "History lesson"

I guess it is if TB thinks this would be a good move, then I trust his judgment. But I would not feel comfortable clapping his return"

My feelings have not changed.
History lesson I agree with, that was a bit crap. But the easy life, in context. I totally understood. It’s simply the case there is less pressure and demands on a Brighton manager than a Chelsea one.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
History lesson I agree with, that was a bit crap. But the easy life, in context. I totally understood. It’s simply the case there is less pressure and demands on a Brighton manager than a Chelsea one.
Awwwww bless him.

He’s a lovely man…

Context my arse.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My barber's cousin's plumber has a penpal who saw Potter & Burno at Lancing last week.

My view, fwiw, is after any boos on matchday one, the pressure to hit the ground running would be immense.
A poor start and it would go sour very, very quickly.
Ain't gonna happen.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We’ve got super Graham Potter
He knows exactly what we need
Twenty million quid
And he’s off to Stamford bridge
History tells us it is what it is

Wake me up before you go go,
who wants Potter once you've had Roberto.

We've got sneaky Graham Potter,
He isn't what we really need.
If he don't get the sack,
he'll stab us in the back,
and f*** off somewhere else with Billy Reid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And just now Matt Law is reporting that Fabian Hurzeler as well as Henryk Rydstrom are on our short list.
This sounds far more likely that the Ed Aarons report.
Hurzeler would be a bit of a risk due to his age/ inexperience but has done great things with St Pauli. Could see this happening.
Hürzeler is very interesting. A huge risk given his experience, but he'd certainly 'get' Brighton, having been with St Pauli. Our style of football? I can't say I've watched loads of BL2 this season.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I would much prefer some exotic, fresh faced manager I know very little about. On the other hand NSC would be great fun if Potter did come back.

I guess I am on the fence right now.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Please, please, please let this happen!

So many positives if he returns.

Only negatives would be a handful of stubborn fans having an irrational dislike for the man, but most of them would soon get over it once they see him work his magic once again.

Graham Potters Blue & White Army!

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

Only negatives would be a handful of stubborn fans having an irrational dislike for the man, but most of them would soon get over it once they see him work his magic once again.

:fishing:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

There are no positives it means the club didn’t land one of their top targets and have got very desperate.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
There are no positives it means the club didn’t land one of their top targets and have got very desperate.

Potter will have been one of the top targets from the very beginning.

Obviously the man we wanted was McKenna, that much has been known for a while, but Potter was surely number two all along.

Really excited about the latest developments.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
That's just recycling guesswork. Bloom and Weir 'are understood', other candidates 'are believed to be', Potter 'is believed to be' on Man Utd's list. Nothing to see here. Move on.
But they're pretty bullish - in the headline and everything - about Brighton and Potter holding talks.

Apologies if you'd previously read this.

(You hadn't)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here