Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
from the same source that first reported the mckenna interest…

Ed Aarons is normally very on the money.

I'd heard that the club had met with Potter last week so this lines up. My opinion is that it probably doesn't work for either party, and paired with the articles in the press released in the last few days about Potter waiting on either the England job or Man United job (clearly a leak from his agent), I'd hope that a meeting is as far as it goes.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Ed Aarons is normally very on the money.

I'd heard that the club had met with Potter last week so this lines up. My opinion is that it probably doesn't work for either party, and paired with the articles in the press released in the last few days about Potter waiting on either the England job or Man United job (clearly a leak from his agent), I'd hope that a meeting is as far as it goes.
If there is a 1% chance he’d agree to come back and may leave again for the England job that would be the biggest f*** up by the Albion since we let Murray go.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In Bloom’s world of logic based decision making it makes ABSOLUTE sense to meet with the person who initially got us purring into gear.

To the rabid fan base who can’t wait to BOO anything these days it makes ZERO sense.

Only one persons view on this matters and there about 370 million reasons why if he wants it to happen it will.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Think of what we’d save on training gear costs if we just kept rotating Poyet and Potter.

I bet that’s not in the algorithm.
Never underestimate Bloom's meticulous, other-worldly thoroughness.

I won't be surprised if we get linked with Gonzalo Pineda soon, just to freshen things up a little

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Never underestimate Bloom's meticulous, other-worldly thoroughness.

I won't be surprised if we get linked with Gonzalo Pineda soon, just to freshen things up a little
I agree, imagine how much getting RDZ embroidered onto everything must have cost… that extra letter, sweet Jesus… I’m glad he’s gone.

I’m all for Cafu with just a C, absolutely our best approach in order to safeguard the future of the club.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
If there is a 1% chance he’d agree to come back and may leave again for the England job that would be the biggest f*** up by the Albion since we let Murray go.
It'd probably cross-over the line into funny tbh.

Even funnier if he suddenly became the Manchester United manager.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I doubt the club's famed data based succession-plan would not include Potter on their list.

He's available, experienced, talented and matches our style of play.
If we are pursuing all options, then it makes sense to talk to him.

In fact the data-based approach would probably have him pretty high on the list.

I doubt either party really wants it to happen though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This is where I was a few weeks ago.

"Up side, Most of the players know him and should find it easy to adapt. He knows the club and still lives in the area.
Down side. For me personally was his snide comments about "if he wanted an easy life he would have stayed at Brighton" and the "History lesson"

I guess it is if TB thinks this would be a good move, then I trust his judgment. But I would not feel comfortable clapping his return"

My feelings have not changed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's gooooooooooooo!

F**king hell, did you mock that up yourself?

Ed Aarons - Palace through and through. Mentions two other candidates, Cooper and the Malmo fella and then gets Ayari, of all players, to channel his inner Swansman.

He should have just posted a link to this thread instead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Once you actually read the article it shows that this is just rehashing of what has already been suggested. Nothing new. In fact probably a bit behind as I think that Cooper has progressed discussions with leicester.

‘We aren’t rushing things’…. We’ll we know that as it’s 19 days since RDZ was announced as leaving.

And these guys get paid for rehashing this stuff!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
F**king hell, did you mock that up yourself?

Ed Aarons - Palace through and through. Mentions two other candidates, Cooper and the Malmo fella and then gets Ayari, of all players, to channel his inner Swansman.

He should have just posted a link to this thread instead.
Agreed, it’s like it’s been written by a 10 year old… awful, and plainly utter horsehit - yet again 😂

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps that's what they were discussing before making any decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here