Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Graham Potter is re-appointed...

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Guarantee he will with a decent squad you only have to look at what he did with us. He plays a percentage game far more wins than losses. If we had gone to Roma with Mitoma/March/Pedro different game they aren’t going to be so adventurous.
With all respect Sir, that percentage game is not to my taste. I would hate to be humiliated every now and then, losing 4-0, 5-1, 6-0 or something. Does not matter what sport you’re in, or what division you play in. Athletes at this level, and their ego … But that’s just my thoughts.

On the other hand, the way Brighton have played in some games under Potter AND De Zerbi is just fantastic. On the day they could win against any other team. Any! Just don’t think it will work in the long run.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With all respect Sir, that percentage game is not to my taste. I would hate to be humiliated every now and then, losing 4-0, 5-1, 6-0 or something. Does not matter what sport you’re in, or what division you play in. Athletes at this level, and their ego … But that’s just my thoughts.

On the other hand, the way Brighton have played in some games under Potter AND De Zerbi is just fantastic. On the day they could win against any other team. Any! Just don’t think it will work in the long run.
What does really work in the long run bar having a squad full of elite players. As Pep says I’m not a magician I work with fantastic players there is no magic formula.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The real question is....
Will the Potter disciples boo the new man when it inevitably isn't their saviour?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The silence is so deafening you can only assume that either:

a) it isn't Potter or
b) it is but he's in the middle of recreating Russ Cook's trek across Africa.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I guess I’m in a minority here ( and everywhere else) but I think a team that often win 1-0 is better than one that wins by 3-2. It’s not as fun to watch but it’ s the points that counts.

Everyone hated the italians in the 80’s, in the European cups, 0-0 away and a 1-0 at home. I honestly loved it!
Basically, I don’t care how we win, as long as we win.

People moan about Hughton at Wolves, but he got the point and kept us up, I could not give a flying feck, if we were negative or otherwise, Hughton did what was required.

There is more than one way to play football.

That said, I did love RdZ’s and enjoyed Potter’s style more in his last season.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's not a normal recruitment, the first two picks didn't work out so I expect them to take their time and make sure the next target is nailed down before we hear anything. The silence from the club is most welcome at the moment as is the lack of social media heat. I am feeling pretty relaxed. I think we'll have a manager by the time the window opens
Who were the two first picks do you think? McKenna, Ravioli or Kompmay?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The silence is so deafening you can only assume that either:

a) it isn't Potter or
b) it is but he's in the middle of recreating Russ Cook's trek across Africa.

or

c). It is Potter - the deal is made - but the Club is waiting for all the fans go into a meltdown in August in a complete panic believing the recruitment process has failed and when the Club finally do announce it, every fan will be so relieved and grateful we were able to get anyone at all, he’ll be welcomed onto the pitch in our opening game with unanimous cheers of love and support :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The real question is....
Will the Potter disciples boo the new man when it inevitably isn't their saviour?
There's a real question?

Surely not :laugh:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No Albion fan would boo their new manager.

Would be absolutely gutted if the likes of Cooper got the gig, but he would have my total support until it becomes apparent we're part of a relegation battle.
This.
I really don’t want Potter, whilst not denying his impact, never warmed to him the first time.

However, if we ended up with him, so be it. I support Brighton regardless of manager.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Nope, all about principles for me.
Potter could have us top 8 consistently and challenging for cups every season.
My ticket will be listed on the exchange regardless.
And before anyone calls bullshit on that, I am willing to give £100 to a charity of their choice if anyone sees me at the AMEX if Potter comes back.
I will never forget the way he left or the comments he made afterwards.

Fortunately, I still don't think he is being considered...

For what it is worth, I was unhappy with RDZ towards the end also for holding the club to ransom with regards backing although I could (kind of) understand why.
I just think he went the wrong way about it
So you wouldn't have backed McKenna or any manager that the Albion poach?
Man!! good luck with your search for a team with a manager that reaches your high ethical standards.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Exactly he was part of the evolution Same with any club I suppose. Although in years to come it will always be RDZ who actually got the job done.
maybe its a revolution going full circle!!

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So you wouldn't have backed McKenna or any manager that the Albion poach?
Man!! good luck with your search for a team with a manager that reaches your high ethical standard5 games into a season without warning, taken everything that wasn’t nailed down and then made disparaging remarks soon after, no.
Potter left without warning 5 games into a season.
A season that promised so much, and although we landed on our feet with RDZ, it could have ended in tears.
He took everything that wasn’t nailed down and then made disparaging remarks about the team and the fan base.
Silly comparison.
Potter is a SNAKE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here