Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF ( and its a big IF) Gus were to leave, who would you want as his replacement??

Cardiff and West Ham have a team full of players too good for the Championship

If Cardiff's team is "full" of players too good for the championship why did they only finish 6th? I would suggest that they have a team full of championship players.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some Spanish bloke and a french coach

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Paolo Di Canio or Stuart Pearce for their passion. Alan Curbishley, being a former player and did extremely well at Charlton.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Derek McInnes

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If Cardiff's team is "full" of players too good for the championship why did they only finish 6th? I would suggest that they have a team full of championship players.

Miller, Whittingham, Cowie, Hudson,Gunnarsson could all do a job in the premiership

As for West Ham, I think pretty much all of the starting 11 would get a Premiership club

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gus is staying.

However my vote would be Zola.

A Class man, great contacts, lost his way a bit towards the end at West Ham. But they were a bit of a mess of the pitch also at the time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
"If you wanna square up to me, you can bring your f***ing dinner as well because by the time I've f***ing finished with you, you'll f***ing need it!" :clap:

"And you, you see me in the morning". :lolol:

Lee Clark is a big no from me, as is Paolo Di Canio. Alan Curbishley is always linked but is never actually going to get the job. I honestly don't know who I would want to replace Gus, whoever it is, they certainly won't do a job as good as Gus has.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Di Canio is probably the nearest thing you could get to GP so can understand him mentioned. Risky though but then so was GP.

Think I'd prefer to go for someone who has seen it and done it in the Championship.

Only one I can think off the top of my head is Curbishley but surely he would go bigger than us if tempted back.

Whoever it is needs to keep the philosophy (sp) of our playing style from bottom to top . . . . the same way Swansea managed with Matinex - Sousa - Rodgers. Last thing we need is a new man with new visions to come and undo all the hard work of the last 2 years. It just needs tweaking

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id love di Canio - but seeing as a lot on here are against him because hes a risk, it probably wont happen.

If not then ill pick 1 from Curbishley, Zola or Solksjaer. Absolutely no chance with di Matteo now, but his name would of been in the hat if he didnt become the interim manager at Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here