Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF ( and its a big IF) Gus were to leave, who would you want as his replacement??

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Don't think Gus will leave for any of the Clubs he is currently linked being linked as I think it would delay his development as a manager and his ambitions clearly lie with bigger and better things.

But for the sake of this thread I would go for a recently retired player trying to make a name for himself just so we can still try and attract the players like Vicente:love:.

So... Solskjaer, Di Canio, RDM, Zola etc.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
De Canio or Hoddle

Both are mental. Either would be brilliant.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ole+Gunnar+Solskjaer.jpg

Yep def good shout has my vote probably in our wage bracket as managers go too. !!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You would turn down Di Matteo.... WOW!!

And a manager who went 55 games unbeaten.

Times have changed.....

No, it's not a matter of times changing, they are just managers I don't especially rate.

Di Matteo has just returned to the easier job of getting ever last drop out of the fading stars, rather than the tricky job that AVB was given of moving them on, and replacing them with better. I've seen nothing special from him at all, except putting the tried and trusted pieces back in place at Stamford Bridge, which is what they needed, but wouldn't be the job we'd want him to do here.

Huddersfield record unbeaten run, that conveniently ignores the most import game during that period, the Play-off Final. His job was to take Huddersfield up, and was given ample resources to do so. They didn't go up under his stewardship. HOWEVER, whoever found Jordan Rhodes, I'd give them a scouting job.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Did he not get them promoted?

I think so, and in many ways that is a similar job to the one he's doing at Chelsea now. They got relegated with a squad of players that were too good for The Championship (just as Chelsea are too good to win nothing) and he kept things together, rebuild confidence within those same players and got them winning matches again. Recovery jobs, yeah he looks the part, but that isn't the job here, we need someone to move us on and up, improving the squad, just as Gus is doing.

When promoted West Brom continued to look a bit out of their depth, just as they had done previously in the Prem, he didn't seem to have moved them on at all. That is the job Roy has done there, and done it brilliantly.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No, it's not a matter of times changing, they are just managers I don't especially rate.

Di Matteo has just returned to the easier job of getting ever last drop out of the fading stars, rather than the tricky job that AVB was given of moving them on, and replacing them with better. I've seen nothing special from him at all, except putting the tried and trusted pieces back in place at Stamford Bridge, which is what they needed, but wouldn't be the job we'd want him to do here.

Huddersfield record unbeaten run, that conveniently ignores the most import game during that period, the Play-off Final. His job was to take Huddersfield up, and was given ample resources to do so. They didn't go up under his stewardship. HOWEVER, whoever found Jordan Rhodes, I'd give them a scouting job.

I agree about Clark, He spent a lot of money at Huddersfield and have failed for three season's in a row, Think you are being harsh on RDM, just because a team has players to good for the Championship doesnt mean they are going to go up. Cardiff and West Ham have a team full of players too good for the Championship and whilst West Ham are still in with a chance Cardiff are not.

May 10, 2012
I've been talking to Alan Ball up here and although he is a bit annoying, he really knows his onions. In the absence of himself, the squeaky voiced self abuser recommends anyone but Sam Allardyce.

Mind you, if you ask me that is only because he hates West Pork - he can't stand the mantra that West Pork won us the world cup. Obviously doesn't say as much when Bobby Moore is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here