Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF ( and its a big IF) Gus were to leave, who would you want as his replacement??

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Zola or the man that every one hates Dicanio

Wouldn't mind either of these. I think Zola would be ideally suited to carry on Gus's work. His main problem at West Ham was the collapse of the iceland economy screwing the owners, the crapness of the players at his disposal and the unreal burden of expectation from the support. I would like to think that the Albion is a better environment than that.

However, I would be very surprised to see Gus leave this season and do not expect him too.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
glenn-hoddle-004.jpg

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Wouldn't mind either of these. I think Zola would be ideally suited to carry on Gus's work. His main problem at West Ham was the collapse of the iceland economy screwing the owners, the crapness of the players at his disposal and the unreal burden of expectation from the support. I would like to think that the Albion is a better environment than that.

However, I would be very surprised to see Gus leave this season and do not expect him too.

Agree with this, will be surprised if Gus goes but if he does Zola would be my choice to carry on the work.He obviously knows the set up having trained with the players and Brighton would be the ideal club to get him back into management. We need a manager who can attract players not sure some of those mentioned would do that.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
With the fee received for Gus (won't be cheap!!), could we persuade Martinez to leave Wigan? Or is he too loyal? Afterall, he will be fighting for premiership survival again next season and just maybe he wants a new challenge.

Martinez has the same football philosphy as Gus and would hit the ground running if he joined us.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Di Matteo took MK Dons to 3rd in league 1 with half the budget of the top two, got West Brom 2nd place behind that very impressive Newcastle team, and has done well at Chelsea. Teams like Villa, Wolves, West Brom (I know he'd not go back, but that sort of team) would be more than happy to have him in charge after that record. I'd love him here.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I reckon Curbishley would be a shoe in. Alternatively , if the foreign trend is to be continued, it would be a De Matteo or Zola type manager. Not De Canio, more baggage than a Versache factory.

I reckon Gus won't go, mainly because West Bromwich and Wolverhampton are as alluring as Kabul.

TNBA

TTF

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here