Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a General Election was held now how would you vote?

Wh would you vote now

• Labour

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 42 30.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Other please state

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
strike...i was busy enjoying a few pints at the crescent

the UKIP program showed the party to be a bunch of disorganised,backward,sexists.still....i wouldnt HATE them:)

just vote people...thats the main thing

and my jokes arent usual.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Whoever we're more likely to get Falmer under would be the party who would get my vote (if I still lived in the UK). So that would probably mean Labour.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
If I had to vote then it would be Labour. only cos the conservatives are useless and there is now ay I would vote for nimby green parties.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Love to see the Lib Dems get back into Lewes would'nt you....they've done so much for our lovely historic county town in the last 4 years

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
bigc said:
strike...i was busy enjoying a few pints at the crescent

the UKIP program showed the party to be a bunch of disorganised,backward,sexists.still....i wouldnt HATE them:)

just vote people...thats the main thing

and my jokes arent usual.

But we have changed since we got rid of Kilroy-Silk, the person who was taking the party back. He was trying to turn it into the backward, disorganised sexist Kilroy Silk party, but now he is gone we are back to normal. :)

As big c says vote.:lolol:

Last edited:

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Working in the public sector under a tory government before was bad enough under their latest proposals it would come crumbling down and griind to a halt. They clearly still haven't learnt from their previous reign of doom and gloom. Their stats don't add up you can't slash public spending to the degree they are talking about and then implement the different initiatives they keep spinning. The two just don't add up.

Probably vote Lib Dem as they seem the only ones with any integrity.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Labour. Not that I'm happy with them particually, but I afriad if the Tories got in they'd get rid of the NHS and make everything private. So for me, Health is the biggest factor that'll win my vote.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
very true biscuit....the NHS looks doomed under the Tories, I mean its incompetent now....but its better than nothing.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
bigc said:
very true biscuit....the NHS looks doomed under the Tories, I mean its incompetent now....but its better than nothing.
its already doomed! i hope blair don't get in again.that bloke has dragged this country into the sewers.i used to be proud to call myself british but am now ashamed.i rue the day that maggie went.like her or loathe her, she wouldn't have put up with half of all the bollocks that goes on today

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
nah she was too senile to understand!

poll tax please? the most unfair tax ever! and who helped implement it....Michael Howard:nono:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Race said:
its already doomed! i hope blair don't get in again.that bloke has dragged this country into the sewers.i used to be proud to call myself british but am now ashamed.i rue the day that maggie went.like her or loathe her, she wouldn't have put up with half of all the bollocks that goes on today
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Conservative for me.

Grimsby Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Grimsby
Given the record of the main two, Conservative and Labour, is it any wonder that the vast majority will either vote for an alternative or not bother at all?

Yet despite that Labour are likely to claim another "landslide victory".

Whilst trying to "install democracy in Iraq" perhaps Mr Blair would like to do same here?

Under our electoral system the vast majority are left without representation. What happened to the PR system that was to be implemented across the board? Blair not happy with the Euro vote trials (trouncing in each one so far)?

I'll be joining the apathetic this time around. A spoiled ballot paper for me.

And in saying that, is it not about time that we were given an official option of being able to reject parties/candidates in an election?

It would make the result interesting reading would it not?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Blair did want to bring in PR, just quite a few of his senior colleagues are dead against it, and many other labour MPs(they'd lose their seats)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This election is going to be far closer than anyone can imagine. if the tories had someone more likeable but still powerful such as Portillo or Clarke they could have won. They will push Blair very close indeed.

The whole of the South of England will be Blue again and the only people who Blair can rely on are under achievers and state spongers who prosper best under Labour.

Anyone with any entreprenerial spirit or who want to work damn hard to make a better life vote Tory as Labour will use you as a cash cow.

Middle England know this already, add to the mix, the dissatisfaction of the Iraq war and the general totally lack of results in anything Labour have achieved in 8 years and you have a possible upset.

Being selfish, good riddance to them. They are bureaucrats and the party of stealth taxes.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
If GG backs em to go, both politically and from a betting point of view, you know you HAVE to vote Labour.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gareth Glover said:
This election is going to be far closer than anyone can imagine. if the tories had someone more likeable but still powerful such as Portillo or Clarke they could have won. They will push Blair very close indeed.

The whole of the South of England will be Blue again and the only people who Blair can rely on are under achievers and state spongers who prosper best under Labour.

Anyone with any entreprenerial spirit or who want to work damn hard to make a better life vote Tory as Labour will use you as a cash cow.

Middle England know this already, add to the mix, the dissatisfaction of the Iraq war and the general totally lack of results in anything Labour have achieved in 8 years and you have a possible upset.

Being selfish, good riddance to them. They are bureaucrats and the party of stealth taxes.
This place will be a mess if Conservative get back in if the reaction to Bush is to go by:drink:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
spongers and under achievers eh?

both my parents vote labour and you could call them neither, both are extremely successful.

8 years....well at least it wasnt so f***ed up as in the 80s...jesus christ GG, you sound so f***ing selfish.lol

larus

Race said:

Maggie was not perfrect, no politician is. However, for those of you not old enough to remember where she started from, the country was in a real f***ing mess before she came in. The trade union were totally ruining the country by going out on strikes over the most petty things; we were the laughing stock of Europe.

What happened with her is the same that has happened with Blair, her majority became too large and they could steam-roller through whatever legislation they wanted, such as the poll-tax. This was her biggest mistake; the idea was based on sound principles by charging everyone for the use of local services, not just on the value of the property. However, the implementation was bad and unfair.

The foundations to the current economic 'success' were laid by Kenneth Clarke when he was chancellor. Gordon Brown has been very lucky. However, he has totally ruined the pensions industry in this country by taxing them and some of the reforms carried out.

I will vote Tory. 1 to hopefully reduce the laboour majority, and 2 to get the t***er N.Baker out of office.

Last point, over my years of voting, I have become more disillusioned with politics. I used to be failr interested, but now, I feel as though most of them are just out to protect their own jobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here