Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a General Election was held now how would you vote?

Wh would you vote now

• Labour

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 42 30.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Other please state

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene Seagull said:
Unfortunately your statement just about sums up the state of British politics today. Petty name calling and sniping rather than working together to solve problems. You might not agree with Tory policies but insulting people that choose to vote for them is hardly constructive.
Maybe - but it can be fun.

BRING BACK SPITTING IMAGE...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Although I would never vote for them and I find the policies they are putting forward small minded and opportunist you can't help but admire the effectiveness of the conservative campaign.
I personally think it a miracle that anyone would vote for a party lead by Michael Howard if they could remember his part in the Major government. So to be able to get to a position where they are so close to labour in the opinion polls is quite an achievement.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
conservative for me.
i think that the country could do with a coalition though so that they can sort things out on an even keel. what does anyone else think?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
fatbadger said:
I am of the opinion that this is Blair's dubious "achievement", not the Conservative's.

Yes that's partly the case I guess, but after 10 years of being unable to appeal to anyone outside their core vote they seem in the last couple of months to be making real progress.

I still despise them and everything they stand for though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I reckon that if William Hague was in charge of the Tories they would have a much better chance. Towards of the end of his leadership he really did give Tony what for in the commons.

It was a shame that he had a divided party behind him and no one took him seriously as a result. Having said that there is so much mud that they could sling at Labour and they are not taking the bait.

I love a good slangining match like the Thatcher/Kinnock spats.

Someone once said 'no one' should stand for election. Because there is so much apathy that no one votes and therefore they would win!

hampden park said:
conservative for me.
i think that the country could do with a coalition though so that they can sort things out on an even keel. what does anyone else think?

We have a coalition government - a bunch of Tories at the helm, supported by a party made up of conservatives, liberal democrats and social democrats.

And what, really, needs sorting out? Most of our very worst problems - public services run as capitalist enterprises - are supported by all three major parties, and most of our major social prolems - racism, the growth of proto-fascism - are actively supported in the manifestoes of the two largest. So it makes little difference which of those three is in power on its own, let alone in coalition.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
I personally think it a miracle that anyone would vote for a party lead by Michael Howard if they could remember his part in the Major government. So to be able to get to a position where they are so close to labour in the opinion polls is quite an achievement.

This arrogant attitude is quite common but still a tad anoying.

I personally think it a miracle that anyone would vote for a party lead by "rightwinger"if they could remember his part in the "last rightwing" government.

Your assumptions are what? The majority are reasonable likemeinded people like you, who share your veiws, who would only vote tory as a result of a mental fit?

Or that rightwing policies cannot be popular and must be part of some media subtifuge?

Well is it arrogance, with a touch of ignorance thrown in for good measure?

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Fatbadger, you dont know what proto means do you?

Voroshilov. Your total inability to grasp that others may have different veiws and perceptions of life than your own is an imbalance I would beleive spills beyond your political greivances. Have you ever been described as arrogant, selfish, egotistical? You are not alone when it comes to displaying Sociopathic tendencies and yes, I would definatley say you are couch material.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
looney said:
Fatbadger, you dont know what proto means do you?

Voroshilov. Your total inability to grasp that others may have different veiws and perceptions of life than your own is an imbalance I would beleive spills beyond your political greivances. Have you ever been described as arrogant, selfish, egotistical? You are not alone when it comes to displaying Sociopathic tendencies and yes, I would definatley say you are couch material.

lol looney you really are a plum.

i almost thought you'd clean up your act and taken english lessons, but there you are questioning the meaning of 'proto' and you can't even spell half of the long (or even short) words correctly in your reply!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
looney said:
Well is it arrogance, with a touch of ignorance thrown in for good measure?
What? As arrogant as, say, passing off a load of utter bollocks as fact, then when asked for a source, merely providing a government statistics homepage (and then later on nothing at all).

Clean up your own act looney - your own arrogance is astonishing.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
looney said:

Did you spot the sentence beginnig "I personally think ....."

i.e. it's just my opinon.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well I didn't think you were posting FG's beleifs. Doesn't make any difference, its your opinions that are revealing your mentaly disfunctional attributes.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh sorry I
didn't realise you were having a day of childish insults. In that case spaz off arse-monger.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Insults? I was being honest and trying to help you. Do you treat any critisism as a personal insult? How long have you been like this?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Childhood event maybe? Some Grammer school kid push you of your spacehopper then beat your arse?

Or maybe er..hem something of a sexual nature?.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
looney said:
Childhood event maybe? Some Grammer school kid push you of your spacehopper then beat your arse?

Or maybe er..hem something of a sexual nature?.

It was sexual, I was shagging your mother.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ah! a parental sexual fantacy looks like were getting closer now

Simster said:
What? As arrogant as, say, passing off a load of utter bollocks as fact, then when asked for a source, merely providing a government statistics homepage (and then later on nothing at all).

Clean up your own act looney - your own arrogance is astonishing.

What arrogance? I'm not posting a f***ing bilbliography after every post. The onus in science and the rational world is refutation.
If your lucky I may look it up in google but I rather think youve hit on a cheap gambit that saves you from having to think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
looney said:
What arrogance? I'm not posting a f***ing bilbliography after every post. The onus in science and the rational world is refutation.
You know, the arrogance that you blatantly show by constantly insisting everybody else backs up their "FACTs" that you contend with a source, yet this doesn't apply to you - see your immigration bullshit posts for details.

Or this:
looney said:
Insults? I was being honest and trying to help you. Do you treat any critisism as a personal insult? How long have you been like this?
:ohmy:
looney said:
If your lucky I may look it up in google but I rather think youve hit on a cheap gambit that saves you from having to think.
:tosser:
Erm yeah, thanks for that - I was only being honest and trying to help you. :D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here