Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a football club's fans behave like these RUDDY students (Merged)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Real ones wouldn't go a miss either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So the financing of higher education needs to be overhauled when the country is massively in debt. Job cuts, VAT rises etc. The students who don't agree with the plans in place cause an unecessary spend of taxpayers money in firstly policing this chaos and secondly repairing the damage caused. Good ones. They should put the fees up to 10k.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I daresay that "lady" on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier will find herself on the front of many newspapers tomorrow morning, and I'll be interested to see how she justifies that display of disrespect.

Re Patchamalbion's comment: it's hopeless because the police can never, ever win in these situations.

Stand off, and protestors take the piss and trash everywhere, and the police are blamed for the lack of order (like the first round of protests). Go in, and the protestors scream about police brutality and the oppressive state. Which always amuses me, as our police are more restricted in what they can lawfully do than almost any other force in the world. I don't see the French police having to fill in Use of Force forms, or the Italians worrying about whether it's appropriate to draw a baton when someone who has been asked to move six times refuses to go and shoves a wooden stick in their face.

Beats me why these idiots are smashing up the shops of Oxford Street, or Prince Charles's car. This is just an excuse for people to be violent now, this is NOTHING to do with tuition fees :nono:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
GOD that makes my blood boil.

WestDene, Das Reich, Was not Was... A little word in your ear. Can you explain (in detail) why she is ripping down the UNION JACK in a country where I shouldn't be shocked to learn that she is claiming handouts, if she was working I cant see most company's like mine being impressed, now which pigeon hole should we put this one in (ref to an earlier poster). Absolute disgrace and shame to his country......WAS NOT WAS, FATADDICK and Der why have you gone quiet tonight... Its called intelligence and clearly you have none. This makes my blood boil.....students if you are not happy with the situation this country is in...Get a Job.....Pay TAX ..Simple solution, dont draw - but contribute ! Thats what we do. That's how this country exists

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
WestDene, Das Reich, Was not Was... A little word in your ear. Can you explain (in detail) why she is ripping down the UNION JACK in a country where I shouldn't be shocked to learn that she is claiming handouts, if she was working I cant see most company's like mine being impressed, now which pigeon hole should we put this one in (ref to an earlier poster). Absolute disgrace and shame to his country......WAS NOT WAS, FATADDICK and Der why have you gone quiet tonight... Its called intelligence and clearly you have none. This makes my blood boil.....students if you are not happy with the situation this country is in...Get a Job.....Pay TAX ..Simple solution, dont draw - but contribute ! Thats what we do. That's how this country exists

Care to explain why you're lumping me in with that lot ? I hope the woman gets thrown in to jail. By the way, it's the Union FLAG not the Union JACK :thumbsup:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Totally out of control & the student union leaders must be naive in the extreme if they don't realise that their cause has been hijacked by the anarchist rent a mob.
Getting a bit tired of hearing "small minoroty" now too.
They just want chaos & they're getting it. Maybe the time will come for white van man & his mates to demonstrate against this mob & give them a proper shoe-ing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Police seem to be a very good job by the television pictures, obviously learnt from the big PR disaster a few years ago.

No excuse for beating up a newspaper seller, but if a someone who has just thrown a brick at you gets cracked over the head with a riot shield, fair play.

I don't lose sleep about the odd flag or statue getting disrespect because after all they are just the odd flag and statue. She probably doesn't even know what it represents.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There feet wouldnt have touched the ground if this was anyone else, whats different?

To be clear, it makes no difference to me if it's Prince Charles or any other member of the public, it's criminal damage end of. My point being that the students wouldn't have attacked any ordinary passer by's car, so it's fairly obvious the royal vehicle was picked on.

I am sick of hearing the media banging on about how unfair "kettling" is. It's a stupid, trendy media term: I've been in the job six years and I've never, ever heard the term used by any police officer in person. Containing people in a particular location has always been a tactic used, because it means large groups can't break out and cause even more mayhem. Last time they even laid on toilets and food for them, FFS.

To use the police tactics (ie being held in one place) as an excuse to lob breeze blocks, rocks and snooker balls at other people is embarrassingly childish.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't lose sleep about the odd flag or statue getting disrespect because after all they are just the odd flag and statue. She probably doesn't even know what it represents.

It's the disrespect of the war dead that bothers me not the flag or statue. And ignorance is no defence.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Police seem to be a very good job by the television pictures, obviously learnt from the big PR disaster a few years ago.

No excuse for beating up a newspaper seller, but if a someone who has just thrown a brick at you gets cracked over the head with a riot shield, fair play.

My money would be on the fact she did it BECAUSE of what it represents.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its a grave.

Your point being ? Mine was more general. I think things like that make good headlines and newspaper pictures and detract from the wider issues.

The protest had nothing to do with the second world war, but it becomes one because of the monuments in the area. I suspect photographers simply wait around for their picture.

Poor old Winston's is always getting a pasting simply because of where it is.

I'm not defending it - the students have annoyed me greatly. Particularly the ones dressed expensively and waving revolution flags.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They should use some of the tuition fees to pay for the damage caused and the cost of policing this...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To be clear, it makes no difference to me if it's Prince Charles or any other member of the public, it's criminal damage end of. My point being that the students wouldn't have attacked any ordinary passer by's car, so it's fairly obvious the royal vehicle was picked on.

I am sick of hearing the media banging on about how unfair "kettling" is. It's a stupid, trendy media term: I've been in the job six years and I've never, ever heard the term used by any police officer in person. Containing people in a particular location has always been a tactic used, because it means large groups can't break out and cause even more mayhem. Last time they even laid on toilets and food for them, FFS.

To use the police tactics (ie being held in one place) as an excuse to lob breeze blocks, rocks and snooker balls at other people is embarrassingly childish.

I dunno, the way they are going on tonight they are attacking anything that moves.

I feel sorry for the Police, as like you said they are in a no win situation, I dont see why because they are students they should be allowed to get away with what they are doing.

Dandyman

In London village.
Nothing like a good bit of outrage is there ? Can I suggest that everyone on here who is scandalised by the violence today contributes a fiver to REMF everytime they orgasm over the inevitable threads about running the Skates that will appear in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here