Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
saltash seagull said:
uncle buck is rite as important as we all know getting falmer is are priority has got 2 be getting 2 cardiff and hopefully div 1!.we will get the national coverage if we do that if we go 2 swindon and lose noone will be intrested no matter wat we wear

There is absolutely no reason why we can't have a fun day out in afro wigs / Prescott masks etc. AND get right behind the team like our travelling support always does. The suggestion was that the masks be mainly a pre-kick off thing, while the Sky cameras are panning around.
We don't all have to agree, but if enough of us took up the idea it could be really effective...and a bit of fun!! Of course everyone wants to see the Albion in div 1 next season, but crucially we need Falmer. To not take advantage of the biggest television audience the Albion have played in front of for many years would, as far as I am concernd, be a real shame.

"Prescott give us a ground, Prescott, Prescott give us a ground!"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's see how supportive theArsegas is these days.

They could EASILY print a picture we could all use. They did that picture some time ago so can somebody contact them?

Worth a try surely?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Needs to be done soon so all of the budding Blue Peter presenters can get their pots of glue, cardboard and elastic bands into action.

The ArseGas could print a picture in Thursday's issue which would give us provincials time to get one too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's also make sure that EVERY available banner is taken to Swindon. Including some of the ones dotted around Withdean-you know, the "Listen To The People Mr Prescott".

ferret or Paul Camomile-are you there? Ask DK or MP to release a couple of them. National TV coverage this close to a decision being made is an opportunity that mustn't be missed.

We're all suffering from Falmer Fatigue but this could be our last and best chance of getting some publicity.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Elms said:
There is absolutely no reason why we can't have a fun day out in afro wigs / Prescott masks etc. AND get right behind the team like our travelling support always does. The suggestion was that the masks be mainly a pre-kick off thing, while the Sky cameras are panning around.
We don't all have to agree, but if enough of us took up the idea it could be really effective...and a bit of fun!! Of course everyone wants to see the Albion in div 1 next season, but crucially we need Falmer. To not take advantage of the biggest television audience the Albion have played in front of for many years would, as far as I am concernd, be a real shame.

"Prescott give us a ground, Prescott, Prescott give us a ground!"

That is also very important...15 minutes of the Falmer version of Tom Hark wouldn't hurt would it? Most of what we'll do on Sunday will be spontaneous but we do need to be prepared for some organised stuff. National TV audiences for The Albion don't happen that often-this time it isn't a fringe audience interested in Nationwide football so we've got to take advantage of it.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Bwian said:
Needs to be done soon so all of the budding Blue Peter presenters can get their pots of glue, cardboard and elastic bands into action.

The ArseGas could print a picture in Thursday's issue which would give us provincials time to get one too.

Have e-mailed the Argus - let's hope they run with it...

:falmerspi :ascarf:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Elms said:

Well done that man!

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
without meaning to urinate on your parade...

Is there not some rule that skysports enforce in their coverage that dictates that no "political" issues are broadcast on their shows?

I seem to remember that one of the commentators got told off at one point for mentioning something similar.

Can I suggest that one of you more sensible and grown up posters (Roz) contacts Ade (dannycullipslookalike) I have a feeling that he might be able to tell you what is likely to get coverage and what isn't.. he also might be able to pre warn the team covering the match to give it a mention if this is allowed..

just me 20ps worth, I'd love to wear a prescott mask - it will make me more pretty

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Elms said:

I just got the following reply:

"Thanks. It is being looked into. Another example of the ingenuity of the fans!"

Read into that what you will...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given the size of Two Jags face, it'll have to be at least a double page spread :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
edna krabappel said:
Given the size of Two Jags face, it'll have to be at least a double page spread :lolol:

The headline alone will shift loads of papers!

"Centerfold picture of Prescott inside!"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
The headline alone will shift loads of papers!

"Centerfold picture of Prescott inside!"

...Naked

:sick: :eek:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Good news!
I've just been phoned by the Argus who are doing a big Page 3 piece tomorrow and will be printing a "cut out and take to Swindon", John Prescott on Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here