Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Sandgate Seagull

Jul 11, 2003
Seaford
Keep them if we get to the millenium stadium / re-publish and hand out with each ticket, 30,000
prescotts would be funny.

Two Jags, Two Jags, give us a song! :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cue Norman Baker, MP, missing point as usual:

"I'm extremely disappointed by this blatant attempt by Brighton fans to sway John Prescott by deifying him in this way. It really is unacceptable: surely elevating him to such God-like status should have been done at the public enquiry. Furthermore, I dread to think how many trees were torn up in the making of these masks, which represents wanton destruction of the environment. And when they're discarded, well, the number of badgers and/or field voles who may choke on the subsequent litter, I have to tell you I'm having sleepless nights"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Two thousand John Prescotts
There's only two thousand John Prescotts"

:lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
edna krabappel said:
"Two thousand John Prescotts
There's only two thousand John Prescotts"

:lolol:

If only Barry Davies were commentating on the game for Sky.

"Look at his face. . . just look at his face!"

Over and over and over again. . .

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We need a big banner to rename the Stratton Bank for the occasion as well. Why not cover up all Swindon's advertising and assorted other crappy hoardings and drape it with a sheet stating

"The John Prescott Stand"

?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
gotta be done for both games and everyone has to have one, it will make a great picture for the backpages. but i like soton seagull need someone to pick one up for me, come on you nice people

Lush

Mods' Pet
I have e-mailed the Argus - hopefully something can be arranged. We need as many people as possible to have a copy!

If the worst comes to the worst, I will buy a load and sell them to you outside the ground!!!!!

IF i get a ticket....:(

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
It's great to see the enthusiasm back for Falmer campaigning. well done Elms, you're the first newbie not to get slated!

What a great idea.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Has anybody given any thought to the fact that something like this is likely to completed p*ss John Prescott off and be totally counter productive?

Whilst all the enthusiam is to be admired give a thought to how Prescott may view this when he is sitting at home watching the telly. All the good work people have done over the last six months could be destroyed.

Lush

Mods' Pet
He could have got pissed off by having hundreds of bouquets delivered to his door.

He could have got pissed off by all the e-mail and letters going into his office that all have to be replied to.

He could have got pissed off by a huge great valentine's card filling up his Hull constituency office.

This is not an angry protest. This is Albion fans saying "We Want Falmer Please Mr Prescott"

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
edna krabappel said:
We need a big banner to rename the Stratton Bank for the occasion as well. Why not cover up all Swindon's advertising and assorted other crappy hoardings and drape it with a sheet stating

"The John Prescott Stand"

?

I think I will have access to a printer which does A1 size....I'll see if I can get someone to let me print each of the letters in the above sentence in A1......!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Colbourne Kid said:
Wrong way to do it though

Take your point Kid - re your earlier post - but provided this is done with WIT and in the same spirit of quirky creativity of all the recent campaign ideas then it's to be hoped it'll be taken in exactly the same way. If everyone realises that it's vitally important NOT to piss Prescott off then the likelihood is that they won't.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Don't see how, if all works well, Sky commentators can fail to avoid mentioning the purpose behind the masks.
But, no doubt, someone'll try. . .

Will no doubt stumble across one of you all in a Brighton bar cheering 'em on. . .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here