Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Just got my copy of todays Argus...we got a front page mention and whole of page three! Fantastic stuff, thanks Argus!!!!!

Let's keep spreading the word...

:bounce: :clap2: :bounce: :clap2: :bounce:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
do you reckon the argus would send a seller up to the ground, if they did theyd be guaranteed 1000 minimum sales just on the basis of the masks alone

im sure most people going on sunday wont have heard of this as would just be readers of nsc and the argus who'll know

Lush

Mods' Pet
dannyboy said:
do you reckon the argus would send a seller up to the ground, if they did theyd be guaranteed 1000 minimum sales just on the basis of the masks alone

im sure most people going on sunday wont have heard of this as would just be readers of nsc and the argus who'll know

I've sent them an e-mail to see if they can organise this... if they get permission from Swindon can't believe they won't take the opportunity to shift a few copies!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lush said:
I've sent them an e-mail to see if they can organise this... if they get permission from Swindon can't believe they won't take the opportunity to shift a few copies!!!

I can't help on this matter (being in Guildford) but here's a suggestion:

The Argus will get thousands of copies returned tomorrow when they collect all unsold copies. Maybe they'd like to donate them to us rather than chuck 'em in the re-pulping bin?

If they don't want to give them to us, they might agree to sell them for a nominal amount-then NSC could buy them. A couple of quid each is all it would take for a thousand copies at wholesale surely.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lush said:

If they are being distributed outside of the ground on public property, possibly for free, then Swindon shouldn't be able to object about anything, nor should their permission be required. Just a thought.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
dannyboy said:
good point btid especially if ive had 10 pints:lolol: :drink:

Tear out the page, poke 2 eye holes and one to breathe through and then hold it up to your face.

It doesn't have to qualify for a Blue Peter badge:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely as the Argus comes out on Saturday, they can't sell out of date papers on the Sunday at the game.

As suggested above, I'd imagine they'd be more likely to give them away due to the fact they're out of date.

Thus leaving lots of Albion fans with (1) a nice mask of Prescott's face and (2) 40 odd pages of Argus to shred and shower the C*unty Ground with confetti.

:clap2:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
well i just got an e mail saying that there will be a lifesize pic of prescotts noggin to download from their website today, nice nice argus people:clap2: :salute:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hope they keep the spares for Thursday as well.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
how do you do quotes on here?

used to be a pub manager for 10 years mate so ive had the practice

reading away last season got thru about 15, but i did fall down about 3 rows of seats when we scored and had to be stopped from leaving by my brother at half time cos i thought itd ended and we had gained a creditable draw :dunce: :lolol:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
dannyboy said:
how do you do quotes on here?

used to be a pub manager for 10 years mate so ive had the practice

reading away last season got thru about 15, but i did fall down about 3 rows of seats when we scored and had to be stopped from leaving by my brother at half time cos i thought itd ended and we had gained a creditable draw :dunce: :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol:

fuckin brilliant!!

to do a quote - look at the bottom of each reply, there is an option for edit, reply, pm, buddy, search and QUOTE!!

just click on that mate and it'll show up as a quote on your next messgae"

;) :drink:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Brighton till i die said:
:lolol: :lolol:

fuckin brilliant!!

to do a quote - look at the bottom of each reply, there is an option for edit, reply, pm, buddy, search and QUOTE!!

just click on that mate and it'll show up as a quote on your next messgae"

;) :drink:

quite simple really then :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here