Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yay! Well done the Argus! It will be like this!!!

beingmalkovitch.JPG

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
roz said:
It's the Power of NSC I reckon.
It's "It's the Place to Be" if you want to find out what's REALLY going on!

TOP WORK!!

Now we need to make sure there are thousands of Johnny P's, not just a couple of hundred!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Elms said:
TOP WORK!!

Now we need to make sure there are thousands of Johnny P's, not just a couple of hundred!

We could do with someone handing them out on the gate maybe.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lush said:
They've been happy to mention - and give a plug to - Falmer on their commentary in the past - but it may be that pictures of Prescott are a step too far...

???

Chris Kamara got a right bollocking for mentioning John Precott's name during a live broadcast at Withdean, they are allowed to mention the protests but not names apparently.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
This is the follow-up e-mail I've just received from the Argus:

Hi Mark,
Hope you're well and looking forward to the play-offs.
I'm following up your email with the excellent idea for the Prescott masks and I'd be very grateful if you could give me a quick call as soon as you get a chance.
We're planning to run a page 3 story in tomorrow's paper urging fans to take part - oh, and buy The Argus on Saturday, when we will print full-page, cut-out Prescott masks for people to wear.

Best regards,
Aidan Radnedge
Chief Reporter
The Argus, Brighton

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
roz said:
Good news!
I've just been phoned by the Argus who are doing a big Page 3 piece tomorrow and will be printing a "cut out and take to Swindon", John Prescott on Saturday!

For those of us not in the Argus area, will extra copies be available for distribution on Sunday?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
balloonboy said:
For those of us not in the Argus area, will extra copies be available for distribution on Sunday?

im sure fans will be dishing `em out at the turnstiles!

have you got any baloons left from bristol for swindon game on sunday mate - should be wicked if we can do the same thing as at ashton gate!!!
;)

Last edited:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Brighton till i die said:
im sure fans will be dishing `em out at the turnstiles!

have you got any baloons left from bristol for swindon game on sunday mate - should be wicked if we can do the same thing as at ashton gate!!!
;)

New supply just in - 1,000. Spread the word. If everyone can bring their own, no matter how few, should be great.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I say we keep them after the weekend is over, then if Prescott says yes, we can stick them around Falmer village, and if he says no, we'll stalk Mrs Prescott with them until she has nightmares

:lolol:

Seriously though, it's still worth keeping them for the home leg on Thursday as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here