Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for flags and banners to DANGLE around The AMEX.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was told they're not sure if they can be in WSU due to advertising... Having said that you'll notice most clubs just dangle them anyways!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I was told they're not sure if they can be in WSU due to advertising... Having said that you'll notice most clubs just dangle them anyways!

Precisely. Why are you going to fork out several hundreds if the club "aren't sure..."? Too big a risk. Shame the club's killed this threads' ideas stone-dead on the drawing board.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
£75, actually, not bad when you split it between a few. Publish (kind of) and be damned, I say :p

LOL! You can't get anything other than a piece of thin nylon for that with a nasty print on it; let alone a 15ft square sized epic with these sorts of designs on it!! I'm talking flags like those at Anfield, not Kate & Wills bunting!

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
LOL! You can't get anything other than a piece of thin nylon for that with a nasty print on it; let alone a 15ft square sized epic with these sorts of designs on it!! I'm talking flags like those at Anfield, not Kate & Wills bunting!

not true, i've seen one of the NSK flags at stoke on saturday and it was a) massive, b) really nicely printed, detailed and bright c) seemed very good quality and durable

it's those noddy cross of st. george flags with hand stitched letters that cost $$$

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
not true, i've seen one of the NSK flags at stoke on saturday and it was a) massive, b) really nicely printed, detailed and bright c) seemed very good quality and durable

it's those noddy cross of st. george flags with hand stitched letters that cost $$$
have you got a picture? How much did it cost? Who owns it and who manufactured? Would like to know for like for like comparison

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No....really ?

f***, I was being so serious about it and spent hours on the design :US:

I don't think he was taking it as an idea you were actually going to do it - more your facebook generation spelling in the sentance :lol: (though I don't know if there was a hidden ironic joke in the spelling?!)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Future1.jpg

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Portlock - I sense a degree of cynicism? Are you against the ideas of banners or gripping tight to the assumption that the Club will not allow anything but hanky sized, officially licensed flags?

To me, the Club can do as much as they like to "Albionise" the Amex (& hats off to them for doing it) BUT one of the key ways that WE can call it OUR home is to give us the freedom, within reason, to make our mark. One of these ways is by singing, the other (& arguably a precursor to get the atmosphere going) is the use of inventive banners.

The Club previously allowed the huge REMF Flag at Withdean. I also asked, many moons ago, whether they could store such a flag at the Amex. Though they said no, they didn't say we couldn't unfurl one!

Glass half full!!

TLO - love that - but should it not say something like "Most homosexuals living in Brighton aren't Brightonians and seek sanctuary from more intolerant parts of the country.....like your pathetic dump"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here