Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas For 6th March

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
Doubt it'll be all ticket as Oxford aren't that well supported.

What about (shudders) Palace v Reading as an alternative.

Our Eagle friends and Mr Coppell at the same time, it could be a beautiful occasion....

We could sing the VD song throughout the game, heckle both teams at once.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw I've checked out the Huddersfield website and tickets for the Oxford game are available in advance @ £14.50 or £17.50 on the day so not a sell out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
We could sing the VD song throughout the game, heckle both teams at once.

Imagine the scene, a lull in play during the early part of the game, and then all of a sudden....

"P-A-L-A-C-E
Stevie Coppell's got VD
With a nick nack...."

The upper section of the old Holmesdale end is always empty, I vote we take that area. Lessens the chance of being pelted with missiles as well.

:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Getting back to this us hire / fancy dress thing, is this a possible go-er?

If Prezza hasn't made his mind up by then, we'll have something to shout. The bus company already has a Disco Bus, so we can just take that one stage further. If he has said Yes by then, we can have a party (in Oxford), if he has said NO, we'll do the Young Ones bit and drive it off a Sir Cliff.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The NSC Disco Bus

It'll be like Summer Holiday

:lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whilst the Oxford idea sounds great, it's probably not for all of us.

I'm personally more likely to go to Crawley, and as reported earlier, have had a great response from them.

I've started a separate thread for that so that the two events can be kept in separate threads, unless others think they should both be kept in this 6th March thread.

You'll find it at:

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17459

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Safeway said:
Crawley can f*** themselves.

What with this and the BB thread, you've really gone down in my estimation today, Safeway. Shame 'cos though I'd never met you, you seemed to be pretty sound up until now. :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well - I don't think I'll attend any game but the leaflet idea I am prepared to get involved.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I have not read all the suggestions. Are any of the games that day on TV? If so would you reach the most people by going to a game that was televised? Of course you would need to get clearance from wherever you went if this was the case?

Any other sporting events being televised that day that you could get into?

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
sully said:
What with this and the BB thread, you've really gone down in my estimation today, Safeway. Shame 'cos though I'd never met you, you seemed to be pretty sound up until now. :angry:

Hear Hear..... So Lets all go To Crawley then

Friendly Bar in the ground - easy parking - sympathy for the Falmer campaign ----- sorted

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sigull said:
Hear Hear..... So Lets all go To Crawley then

Friendly Bar in the ground - easy parking - sympathy for the Falmer campaign ----- sorted

I don't like CrawleyTown FC but am impressed that they are supporting our campaign, so I might even go there on this occasion!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
A banner at a prominent site on a racecourse would get quite a bit of exposure.In betting shops all over the country,on tv.Anyone work at a local course with a big meeting coming up that may be able to help ? After all the football club has a raceday coming up at Brighton soon surely they would like to help.
Newbury races on the 6th but probably wouldn't be interested in helping.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I'll happily go to the Crawley game! Is it pay on the day?

It is Millwall v Tranmere in the cup now, plenty of BBC coverage...:)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It looks like this idea has gone a bit flat.

Right lets get it sorted.

I suggest the Crawley match.

Everybody meet at The Snooty Fox pub at Three Bridges Station at 11am.
Have few pints then all get train to Crawley at 1pm head to The Broadfield stadium via The Railway pub and Half moon pub.
Hand out leaflets etc en route.

Right thats that sorted!!!!!!!!!!!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I've sent a note to the FFA lot to see if they can provide a bit of direction on this. I'm sure others have got better links with FFA, but thought I'd mention it anyway. I think the Crawley idea is great (if we have Crawley's support), and I'm also up for a trip to Oxford. But it would be much better if we could do these things within the context of a "special day" (ie, Football for Falmer, or National Falmer Day).

By the way, congrats to Sully for getting Crawley on our side.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm certainly inclined to attend one of the proposed matches. Haven't ever been to Oxford, or I could visit my mate in Crawley.

Keep coming up with ideas chaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here