Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas For 6th March

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Me too. I'm very happy I can get to this game now.

Crawley fans hate us. Remember how patronising it feels when Man U and Arsenal fans refer to Brighton as their second team?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
It'll be really boring if Prescott has made his mind up by then....

:glare:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Safeway said:
Crawley can f*** themselves.

Hear, hear! (sorry, Fatboy!)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Fran Hagarty said:
Hear, hear! (sorry, Fatboy!)

Janice!!! Behave!

Lucky that football isn't like cricket or we'd all have to go to Broadfield each week.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
fatboy said:
Janice!!! Behave!

Lucky that football isn't like cricket or we'd all have to go to Broadfield each week.

Oi, Andrew! Luckily I don't like cricket!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Millwall v cardiff know thats a game i would love to go to:)
Not sure how you would get tickets being the i.d schemes both have.:glare:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bwian said:
I mentioned this on a previous thread but it sank like a stone so I'll try and resurrect it.

If March 6 is a day of action why don't we get the PFA involved and/or get as many players to sign letters as we can on that day? Get pictures of them holding "We Want Falmer" posters.

We need to expand our campaign to include players around the country-their support will carry a lot of weight. Maybe we should try to get them involved as soon as possible? After all, we are trying to preserve the jobs of footballers aren't we?

Sound ideas. If 6th March is to be "Football needs Falmer" day, then we need to start work pronto!

Another thought - does anyone know a R5Live presenter (Jonathon Pierce?). It would be fantastic if we could could get Sport on Five on Saturday 6th presented live from some appropriate location in Brighton (eg: a large pub where the landlord is very pro-Albion). All sorts of guest opportunities present themselves (apart from Dick Knight, Des Lynam, Norman Cook, etc, etc).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Crawley is a good idea, that game could be critical to them for promotion and they will be concentrating on that.

They won't want us raining on their parade for a Falmer protest and probably would get wind of it and stop anyone getting in wearing a Brighton shirt.

Oxford, on the other hand, would probably be delighted of the support- they're going for promotion, and they have Andy Crosby, Paul McCarthy and Lee Steele.

We need to pop up somewhere unexpected to draw attention to the fact that we're there. Five hundred Albion fans in colours at Oxford or similar would be highly conspicuous (unless their stewards thought we were Huddersfield and wouldn't let us in). Can't do Bournemouth as their ground's too small, Millwall- well we'd have to have a death wish, and all the others are a few hours drive, so Oxford seems like the best idea to me.

How about fancy dress- it avoids any issues with team colours and it's extremely visible.

A busload of comedy ostriches, Arabs, Obi Wan Kenobis, nuns and pantomime horses, all brandishing We Want Falmer banners can't fail to be noticed.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I would definitely be up for going to Oxford - it'll be like watching a Brighton all-stars team!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If I went to Oxford I would have to go in the Huddersfield end.

Huddersfield would be glad of the support too.

Dave?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How about approaching Roger French of Brighton & Hove Buses (a keen Albion / business / community supporter), and asking him to hire us a bus decked out in Albion/Falmer For All regalia. It can either go around the town/city with a tannoy going, or be hired for an NSC away day to go to Oxford.

If we ask nicely, he may sponsor it, and we can get it cheaply.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure why everyone's poo-pooing Crawley. I just got this response from them:

"we'd be delighted to welcome all the fans

"And this is hot off the press. We've announced that kids will get in for £3 as opposed to £5 on the day.

"I could talk to the clubs MD and Supporter club chairman tonight saying you are keen on doing a leaflet around the ground. I'm sure they would both be amenable to the cause.

"I'll get back to you...and soon"

:clap: :clap:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Don't know why everyone is talking about going to the Millwall v Cardiff game.

The reason that we have a free Saturday is because Tranmere are playing MILLWALL in the FA Cup.

:dunce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
sully said:
Not sure why everyone's poo-pooing Crawley. I just got this response from them:

"we'd be delighted to welcome all the fans. I'll get back to you...and soon"

:clap: :clap:

Because a day out in Oxford on the Brighton & Hove fun-bus is a tad more appealing than a day out in Crawley?

I and many others have to work in Crawley, so I'd rather not come back to it's unwelcoming concrete-icity at weekends as well.

Oxford, on the other hand, is largely speaking an attractive city, is full of students, and therefore (logical progression here) full of pubs, and there's a possibility according to a previous post of getting a bus going up there. And the football ground is a new one, that most of us haven't been to.

Hence my vote's pointing towards the dreaming spires at this stage, for a big NSC/Albion day out.

In fancy dress.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
How about trying to go to all all 92 league grounds in one day - didn't some one try this last year - I'll go back to sleep now :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here