Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas For 6th March

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why not try to get a couple of fans at every league game that day with Albion shirts on and have them pictured with Falmer leaflets/posters, then post the lot up into a tapestry style affair

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
CAFC Matt said:
They don't support you though and are full of parlarse :dunce:

Agree with you there. I wouldn't go to Crawley, but I'd like to go back to AFC Wimbledon. It was brilliant when we went there and supported them against Franchise and they are supportive of us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Why not try to get a couple of fans at every league game that day with Albion shirts on and have them pictured with Falmer leaflets/posters, then post the lot up into a tapestry style affair

Tremendous idea. Dwayne can be allocated Millwall v Cardiff :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
El Presidente said:

We are trying to show that the stadium has a national significance - so why don't we let people do this in their own shirts?

Let's recruit someone at each match through the internet. Ask them to take a picture of themselves and a supporter from the other team in their shirts, standing together holding up a downloaded We Want Falmer sign.

(The importance of the national game transcends all boundaries - two opposing supporters coming together in support of a third team kinda thing)

They then download the picture and send it to us - for a big 6th March collage!!!

I'm not tecchy enough to sort out the pics/downloading etc but happy to help.

Should be easy to do and we've got loads of time to recruit people.

Obviously this could be done any Saturday - and perhaps should be done sooner?

Last edited:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Can we make the 6th March a sort of "National Falmer Day". We have enough time to get this off the ground, enough time to get articles in all the programmes for all the games that day (including letter-writing info, etc). We possibly have enough fans spread around the country to go to each game, and try to get photographed/have a pre-match announcement, etc.

I'm sure we can actually do BOTH the leafletting in Sussex, AND attend games around the country. They are both important - the first because at the end of the day the decision will be partly political, and we need to demonstrate that at least 5 Labour MPs in Sussex may lose their seats over this, and the second because we need to show National interest.

So, my vote is for 6th March to be declared NATIONAL FALMER DAY. The good thing is, the players have a day off so they can be involved too.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Great ideas,how about we get people at different grounds and get pics taken with all the respective managers of these teams with a Falmer poster etc.

It only takes a couple of secs for a pic to be taken,so wouldnt be an inconvenience to people.

Will need a bit of organising I agree,but would be great PR for both us and the managers.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
What about representation at as many Sussex non league games as possible - a show of strength with local clubs up and down the county - lots of noise, banners etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
balloonboy said:

The good thing is, the players have a day off so they can be involved too.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that James...they haven't even signed the petition as far as I'm aware.

*Awaits information to the contrary*

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I mentioned this on a previous thread but it sank like a stone so I'll try and resurrect it.

If March 6 is a day of action why don't we get the PFA involved and/or get as many players to sign letters as we can on that day? Get pictures of them holding "We Want Falmer" posters.

We need to expand our campaign to include players around the country-their support will carry a lot of weight. Maybe we should try to get them involved as soon as possible? After all, we are trying to preserve the jobs of footballers aren't we?

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Crawley V Weymouth,

That match could determine the DML championship, could be Crawley's biggest match in their history.

Ex Brighton players at Crawley, Robbie Pethick at Weymouth we could get them to wear 'We Want Falmer t-shirts'

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Some other games on Saturday 6th March:

Withdean 2000 v Chessington (at Worthing FC) - surely their fans are pro-Falmer as it means getting their ground back!

Croydon Athletic v Worthing FC - P*l*ce are at home so there presumably won't be much of a crowd.

AFC Wimbledon v Cobham

El Presidente said:

You darn well beat me to it, El P! Was just thinking that.

I'll be in Norwich that weekend and will be taking in the East Anglian derby. Consider it 'Falmerized'. :thumbsup:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Crawley V Weymouth is a huge game and I wanted to see that.

Mind you, Crawley will NOT be happy if we all turn up.

We can see Pethick again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
fatboy said:
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Crawley V Weymouth is a huge game and I wanted to see that.

Mind you, Crawley will NOT be happy if we all turn up.

We can see Pethick again.

There will probably be 4,000+ at that game. It could basically be a decider to see who goes to the Conference.

I'd be happy to see a second Sussex side in the league one day, even if it is Crawley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here