Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idea To Commemorate The Last Game At The Goldstone On April 26, 1997

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ten years!! :ohmy:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just an idea from the Gullys Girl thread, but what about a MARCHING BAND?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You know what makes it even more crap?

We play our last game at the Goldstone against Doncaster Rovers, and ten years later are still up shit creek, while in the same period, Doncaster have had time to get relegated several times, get half their ground burnt down, nearly go into liquidation, rise from the ashes, get promoted twice more, and build an entirely new stadium.

Sometimes it really sucks being an Albion fan :(

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Emily will be 10 on Saturday 28 April. I often wonder if I will evertakeher to a football game at our permanent home & only pay the child price for her. It's a whole generation that will be lost & you can't them back easily. It's a :censored: disgrace

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I understand the idea of doing something at the Goldstone, but surely it is Lewes that needs to be targeted. What difference will it make us turning up at the Goldstone, other than to commemorate the fact its ten years.

I've said it all along but direct action against Lewes District Council a long time ago would have made more of a diffference. Can't we have a mass rally at the full council meeting nearest to the anniversary date? It would at least make them think

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
You know what makes it even more crap?

We play our last game at the Goldstone against Doncaster Rovers, and ten years later are still up shit creek, while in the same period, Doncaster have had time to get relegated several times, get half their ground burnt down, nearly go into liquidation, rise from the ashes, get promoted twice more, and build an entirely new stadium.

Sometimes it really sucks being an Albion fan :(

Word.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Giraffe, that is a wonderful suggestion but I doubt if it would succeed, there is something very wrong with LDC and we will have to rely on the electorate to let them know.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
How about a huge party in the morning down by the Pells in Lewes? Followed by the train to Falmer and walk to Withdean from there. Possibly with a gathering at the Goldstone afterwards and make a day of it.

One thing that is IMPORTANT is the press need to be made aware of any plans we make to get maximum coverage of the shocking state this country is in when it comes to planning applications for the good of the people!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i dont know how possible it will be, but put up a massive video wall in the car park, get as many people in colours in the car park stopping traders going in

and on the big screen, a re-runof the whole of the doncaster game , maybe the goodbye goldstone video footage

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
mendoza10 said:
i dont know how possible it will be, but put up a massive video wall in the car park, get as many people in colours in the car park stopping traders going in

and on the big screen, a re-runof the whole of the doncaster game , maybe the goodbye goldstone video footage
Video projection onto the wall of one of the shops may be easier.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The trouble with doing anything involving the Goldstone is that it opens the doors to our opponents to say "Your fault. The Club sold the Goldstone with nowhere to go. Don't blame Lewes or Nimbys for that"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Oldman said:
The trouble with doing anything involving the Goldstone is that it opens the doors to our opponents to say "Your fault. The Club sold the Goldstone with nowhere to go. Don't blame Lewes or Nimbys for that"

But how do you avoid the Goldstone when commemorating the tenth anniversary of it's closure?!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
How about relegation tp league 2?

so we can relive the excelent football endured in the last couple of seasons at th Goldstone..........

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Withdean Wanderer said:
But how do you avoid the Goldstone when commemorating the tenth anniversary of it's closure?!

You cannot but just pointing out that any campaign to mark the end of the Goldstone will not necessarily attract positve publicity.
Personally I would not want to commemorate such a dark day in the Club's history. I blame Lewes and Nimbys for the Falmer fiasco but I still feel even more anger at Archer and Bellotti and the Hove Councillors who sold us down the river.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Oldman said:
You cannot but just pointing out that any campaign to mark the end of the Goldstone will not necessarily attract positve publicity.
Personally I would not want to commemorate such a dark day in the Club's history. I blame Lewes and Nimbys for the Falmer fiasco but I still feel even more anger at Archer and Bellotti and the Hove Councillors who sold us down the river.

I agree it should he highlighted the fact that we have been homeless for 10 years.

Likewise its pointless considering hijacking the retail outlets on top of the hallowed ground, after all they just lease the space they didnt buy the land its Archer and Bellotti fault not theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here