Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idea To Commemorate The Last Game At The Goldstone On April 26, 1997

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mendoza10 said:
Maybe we should lay down the REMF flag and loads of flowers in the car park - and maybe even this giant coffin

would be peaceful, but would have a huge visual impact

If it was any other flag, I'd agree that this would have a huge visual impact. And it would be stunning. But bearing in mind why the REMF flag was created in the first place, might be best IMHO not to include it alongside a coffin. Every other Albion flag in existence, sure, that would look brilliant, but maybe not the REMF flag IMHO, unless it was done with the explicit blessing of the REMF. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Further idea: could all of the old Goldstone seats be dug out of attics, gardens etc. and taken on any march or demo. That might look pretty spectacular.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Tom Hark said:
If it was any other flag, I'd agree that this would have a huge visual impact. And it would be stunning. But bearing in mind why the REMF flag was created in the first place, might be best IMHO not to include it alongside a coffin. Every other Albion flag in existence, sure, that would look brilliant, but maybe not the REMF flag IMHO, unless it was done with the explicit blessing of the REMF. Just my opinion.

I agree, i would take it, and not take the coffin, didnt really think about what i said.
The car park would look amazing if it was covered in the REMF flag, every brighton flag, bouquets of flowers, scarves, old shirts, banners.

This is a peaceful way of showing our plight, and would stop shoppers going about their business and pause and think about us

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mendoza10 said:
I agree, i would take it, and not take the coffin, didnt really think about what i said.
The car park would look amazing if it was covered in the REMF flag, every brighton flag, bouquets of flowers, scarves, old shirts, banners.

This is a peaceful way of showing our plight, and would stop shoppers going about their business and pause and think about us

:clap:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
but where would we get a coffin from? Anyone got any good undetaker contacts? Perhaps we could put a call out on the next phone-in. Just a thought.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
In my view Saturday 28th would get the largest turnout. Surely the route must be from the Goldstone to Withdean to Falmer. So, we should start with an event at the Goldstone, then proceed to Withdean for the game and then all attend an event at Falmer held around a staked-out pitch.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Slightly unrelated, but i heard the club were planning on making the Doncaster match 'retro shirt' day

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rebuild the fucker...knockdown comet and toys r us etc!!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I think the idea of a demo at the Goldstone site is excellent - lots of colour and noise, flags, scarves, horns etc. But I think we can also make an impact at the game: why not invite every fan to wear a 10 in some way? It may be a shirt, a badge, a hat - the `10`s could be easily home-made - and it's something every fan could do easily. Alert Meridian, BBC etc - guaranted publicity.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Tom Hark said:
Further idea: could all of the old Goldstone seats be dug out of attics, gardens etc. and taken on any march or demo. That might look pretty spectacular.

I hope people dont have em in attics. Took mine out of storage after about 6 years in a sealed poly bag and it was eaten with woodworm - be warned.:wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
countrygull said:
why not invite every fan to wear a 10 in some way? It may be a shirt, a badge, a hat - the `10`s could be easily home-made - and it's something every fan could do easily. Alert Meridian, BBC etc - guaranted publicity.

I think even the Albion could stretch to producing *COUGH* 7,739 bits of souvenir cardboard with '10' on one side and a suitable blurb on the other side. Give 'em out at the turnstiles and everybody holds them up before the game.

:goal:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Has anyone asked the club about all of this, time is running out if we want to organise something that is going to have the proper effect. I would hate for it to turn into some half arsed thing that the media turn upto to see a pocket full of fans there, like the time we travelled to Hull to deliver that postcard, that must have looked very poor to non albion people (no offence intended to the people that organised that).

It needs the support of all the fans and a proper pledge that we will all turn up, the only way we'll get that is if the club get behind it and it is an idea that everyone is happy with.

Please don't shoot me down, I am only expressing an opinion but one that I think is very valid

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
I have played a small part in their current 10 year campaign but it is more aimed at RK giving us the decission not the actual anniversary from our last game at home! I am sure the club will want to commemorate it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
naked bike ride from the goldstone to falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here