Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idea To Commemorate The Last Game At The Goldstone On April 26, 1997

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
How about laying flowers and colours here?

Attachments

• goldstone.jpg
    goldstone.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 268

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
got the perfect(?) idea- REMF flag displayed in Hove Park, oppiaite goldstone- smallers flagews scraves etc around the carpark..

then sponsored walk to Withdean wearing symbolic LDC ball and chains..

then a 'friendly' 50 a side on ther Falmer site, for anyone who still hasnt had enough

warm down / drinks at the nearby Uni bars..

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Attila (no, i can't spell his name either) Has just confirmed that there will be an event in Lewes on the Thursday.

Not sure what the plan is for the Saturday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Attila (no, i can't spell his name either) Has just confirmed that there will be an event in Lewes on the Thursday.

Not sure what the plan is for the Saturday

Typical f***ing half witted idea. ANy event in Lewes needs to be done on the Saturday. How many people are going to turn up on a Thursday afternoon. Yeh sure its nice to commemorate the exact time, but last thing we need is 50 bobble hats turning up a demo. It needs to be a big f*** off demo, Saturday morning in Lewes town centre to really grab some attention.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Precisely no intention of listening to someone drone their politics on a Thursday night in Lewes.

However if it had been at the original venue in Shoreham......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:bowdown: The Gold Stone deserves a clean up.

Last edited:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well, there are lots of other things we can do as well. I'm organising the memorial gig. How about those who think that's boring coming up with another idea and doing that instead? We don't all have to do the same thing...

Believe me, I'd have liked to do something far more militant but ages ago the softly-softly approach was deemed by the club to be the right one.....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
attila said:
Well, there are lots of other things we can do as well. I'm organising the memorial gig. How about those who think that's boring coming up with another idea and doing that instead? We don't all have to do the same thing...

Believe me, I'd have liked to do something far more militant but ages ago the softly-softly approach was deemed by the club to be the right one.....

No offence to you meant - the pub idea is a perfectly good one, and better than any suggestions that anyone else has come up with that seemingly nobody has agreed with.

BUT it's a fairly landmark occasion, and a day that needs to be remembered. In previous times we've done new, novel things such as flowers, seafront marches, postcards, scarves and most recently retro day, all for different reasons. But a trip to the pub seems a bit 'boring' in comparision, for such a special anniverssary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here