Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway losing the plot after Stoke game

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hollie will get it right . The results are not good atm but the performances are so with a few signings this month we will kick on again and build on our good start . The good thing is we havent lost ground on teams around us despite our poor run and this league is so even with not one outstanding team running away with it . Wilf and glenn will stay and they will be the main focal point in our matches in the run in . Im feeling really good about it .

Its a fairly weak league this season, considering that miserable run we went on we probably shouldn't be as close to the play offs as we are. Still lots to play for and anything can happen for either Palace or us.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Its a fairly weak league this season, considering that miserable run we went on we probably shouldn't be as close to the play offs as we are. Still lots to play for and anything can happen for either Palace or us.

I agree .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Very true. Really thought it would be a lot stronger with Leics, Cardiff, Leeds and the three clubs coming down. But that hasnt proved to be the case.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very true. Really thought it would be a lot stronger with Leics, Cardiff, Leeds and the three clubs coming down. But that hasnt proved to be the case.
I really can't believe how gash Birmingham, Blackburn and especially Bolton have been. Bolton were one of the worst sides we've seen in the 18 months we've had at the Amex.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But we're not really losing £8m are we. That's just a figure that's being used for accounting purposes. And regardless of what our figures are, the point stands, larger crowds = more money = more signings. Lower crowds = less money = fire sale. Uh oh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its a fairly weak league this season, considering that miserable run we went on we probably shouldn't be as close to the play offs as we are.
We're as close as we are because it's a tightly contested league. That doesn't mean the standard is low.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But we're not really losing £8m are we. That's just a figure that's being used for accounting purposes. And regardless of what our figures are, the point stands, larger crowds = more money = more signings. Lower crowds = less money = fire sale. Uh oh.
So you reckon that figure was made up for accounting purposes ? That doesn't seem right does it . So maybe it could be higher but the accountants want to keep it low key ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd say winning 1 in 9 and being an automatic promotion contender would suggest there are a lack of quality teams pulling away.
It certainly shows that there aren't 6 or so teams pulling away from the rest, but it doesn't say anything for the overall quality of the league. The clubs in the division could be dreadful or they could be great, the split of points doesn't show that. When there is a breakaway group it shows that the top teams are a lot better than the rest, but as we know, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

So you reckon that figure was made up for accounting purposes ? That doesn't seem right does it . So maybe it could be higher but the accountants want to keep it low key ?
There are different methods of accounting that would show different results, and we don't really know anything about our actual figures yet, as they haven't been released. Given the revenue we're bringing in, it seems unlikely that we're losing £8m a year, the figure probably includes some extraordinary losses that are being written off, but we just don't know yet.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd say winning 1 in 9 and being an automatic promotion contender would suggest there are a lack of quality teams pulling away.

It could just mean that everyone is beating everyone else, and the standard is much the same across the division - it doesn't necessarily mean the standard is all high, or all low.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It could just mean that everyone is beating everyone else, and the standard is much the same across the division - it doesn't necessarily mean the standard is all high, or all low.

My view is that the standardof football in the Championhip has improved so much over the last few years that it is now not far off that of the majority of the Prem.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
If the overall standard was poor then it would be "easy" for half a dozen good teams to run away with it.

The overall standard is (probably) rather good and that's why few teams can really make the breakaway.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What annoys me is that he's got the bollocks to have a go at the bloke for mentioning Zaha yet in yesterday's interview he's bigging Zaha up saying he's never seen a better player?

The f***ing idiot.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What annoys me is that he's got the bollocks to have a go at the bloke for mentioning Zaha yet in yesterday's interview he's bigging Zaha up saying he's never seen a better player?

The f***ing idiot.

Exactly i thought - hes annoyed with being asked constantly about Zaha - so who does he go on and talk about a lot ? Zaha !!

Monumental hypocrite !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The f***ing idiot.
Exactly what I was thinking as I saw the twat last night. Except change 'bollocks' to 'audacity'.

He's a complete joke. Mid week he starts talking about Zaha and his ankle, so when the media ask how his ankle is Worzel goes off on one. Now he's back to saying 'if anyone were to ask if I've ever seen a better player' - hold on Worzel you f***ing twat, we didn't ask - 'I'd 'ave to say I never seen someone at his age what can do what he can do'.

It's basically a bloody advert... 'I wish you lot wouldn't keep goin on about my player. If Alex or Arsen were to ask me though, I'd say he's worth every penny'.

I assume CPFC has told him the plan - anything over £8m is yours to spend, so talk the price up Worzel, and you'll get some spending money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly what I was thinking as I saw the twat last night. Except change 'bollocks' to 'audacity'.

He's a complete joke. Mid week he starts talking about Zaha and his ankle, so when the media ask how his ankle is Worzel goes off on one. Now he's back to saying 'if anyone were to ask if I've ever seen a better player' - hold on Worzel you f***ing twat, we didn't ask - 'I'd 'ave to say I never seen someone at his age what can do what he can do'.

It's basically a bloody advert... 'I wish you lot wouldn't keep goin on about my player. If Alex or Arsen were to ask me though, I'd say he's worth every penny'.

I assume CPFC has told him the plan - anything over £8m is yours to spend, so talk the price up Worzel, and you'll get some spending money.

Exactly my thoughts too when I saw that interview last night, its so transparent its laughable. He'll be donning a "Zaha 3rd Best Player In the World" sandwich board and walking round Manchester city centre next.

That or they'll put up more billboards around Croydon saying "HE'S JUST TOO GOOD FOR US"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here