Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart...a bit of a tossbag?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord B has done magnificent things to help Falmer. Lord B and Harty are both Albion legends in their own right. Lets stop this in house bickering please chaps.

Harty said:
Harty baiting/slagging will live long and prosper on NSC all the time Lord Bracknell and his accolytes continue to orchestrate it, but as a former fanzine editor I know it comes with terriotory.
You boys should try getting out a bit more!
Ian -

I am really upset by two suggestions that you seem to be making.

The first is that I am "orchestrating" any Harty baiting. I'm not. And I never would.

Read my earlier post. There's no baiting of you in it, just an explanation of why the "£30 million" story is relevant to the Public Inquiry and why I think we should be applauding Paul Hayward for writing it.

The second - which I'm sure Richie will deny as well - is that he is my "acolyte".

NSC is a very diverse community with thousands of Albion fans signed up to it. No-one can any longer think of it as "you boys". (And that includes you, Richie, since you seem to me to be more prone than most to do so).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can see why Harty could be pissed off with a Major thread on NSC open to the worlds eyes saying " Harty a bit of a tosspot ". Now I would be a bit sad if someone started a thread saying " Glover a bit of a tosspot ". We are all in this together and everyone on NSC especially Lord B and Harty have moved heaven and earth for 6 years to get Falmer. This in house bickering is exactly what the Falmer nimby's want. Also Richie , threads like that could see you in court. The written word applies to the internet as well old boy.

Gareth Glover said:
I can see why Harty could be pissed off with a Major thread on NSC open to the worlds eyes saying " Harty a bit of a tosspot ". Now I would be a bit sad if someone started a thread saying " Glover a bit of a tosspot ". We are all in this together and everyone on NSC especially Lord B and Harty have moved heaven and earth for 6 years to get Falmer. This in house bickering is exactly what the Falmer nimby's want. Also Richie , threads like that could see you in court. The written word applies to the internet as well old boy.

Strange then that his 'insults' were directed at Lord B and myself, both of whom only discussed their thoughts on the matter and didn't descend into abuse.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To start a thread with a headling slating someone is different to a trading of insults within that thread imho. Harty and Lord B are both Albion hero's imho.

Just one other thing, Ian ...

The reason I don't phone in very often is that, every time I have done so, you have immediately turned "Ed from Firle" into "Lord Bracknell from North Stand Chat".

When I feel like making a comment about Mark McGhee's approach to substitutions, I'm just a fan. I am NEVER a spokesperson for an internet message board. NSC doesn't have such a character (not even Bozza).

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Ian, I'm seriously disappointed by your comments. And not because I happen to be posting this from down the hallway!!

You may have your detractors. You may have people who have deliberately baited you. But I can assure you they don't live in this household! To suggest that there could ever be some sort of orchestrated campaign is unfair to the person you have accused and to NSC. Which, thank heaven's is NOT anywhere that ever can be accused of holding a "collective" opinion on anything!

You've done some fine things for the Albion and your devotion to the Seagulls can never be doubted. However, you also have a public personality through the phone-in and in that respect you should surely expect some sort of feedback? I'd like to think ours is constructive because that's what it is intended to be.

I'm seriously shocked by your accusations. They are unfounded, unfair and not at all what I'd ever have expected from you.

Gareth Glover said:
To start a thread with a headling slating someone is different to a trading of insults within that thread imho. Harty and Lord B are both Albion hero's imho.

Interesting line of thought. It is OK for someone (A Phone In debate host, no less) to descend into childish abuse when people try and draw him into the kind of debate he asks for because he used to run a fanzine?

Very few people (myself included) agree with the tone and wording of the original post. But serious points were made later on. And by telling people to get out more, attacking someone who has done a hell of a lot for this club on Falmer (and who has expertise an undertaker is very unlikely to have) and coming out with childish retorts, he is hardly helping himself, is he?

I have acknowledged (and will continue to acknowledge) the effort and benefits Ian Hart has made on behalf of this football club. But I am not going to be sycophantic when I feel he is not in the right or is damaging the club in some way. He is right in the fact that it is a game of opinions. And my opinion is just as valid as his. It may not be right but it is my opinion. You would have thought a Phone In host would realise that.

Anyway, I must get back to my 'homework'. Quite spooky that. How did he know I was doing an OU assessment? ???

Last edited:

D

Drips

I dont post on here very often as it can be a bitchfest at times & I dont dont want any part of it thank you very much.
I used to be a reg on the old NSC though.

Some very useful & informative material can be found on these pages however & also some of the wit is top drawer.

I listen to the SCR commentary & Hartys phone-in after the match when I cant get to the game.
I was at Withdean yesterday, so I missed the phone in.

BUT I think Ian, you are losing the plot a bit by:

(a) lowering yourself to hurl childish insults yourself on this board &
(b) Do you have some hidden agenda? You do go anti the board a smidgen too much, taking into consideration all they have achieved since bringing us back to Brighton.

I rather have the phone-in than not by the way before you put that particular gun to my head

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty seems to have fallen out of love with NSC for some reason. He used to be a regular poster and positive about NSC on the radio. Now NSC regular are referred to as " internet geeks " which is a shame. Harty has had to endure a lot of stick about him personally and his show which is unfair and unjustified and I spose he is fed up with it. Its a great shame Lord B, Roz and Harty are disagreeing as they are the bedrock of NSC. Lets draw a line under it.

Gareth Glover said:
Harty seems to have fallen out of love with NSC for some reason. He used to be a regular poster and positive about NSC on the radio. Now NSC regular are referred to as " internet geeks " which is a shame. Harty has had to endure a lot of stick about him personally and his show which is unfair and unjustified and I spose he is fed up with it. Its a great shame Lord B, Roz and Harty are disagreeing as they are the bedrock of NSC. Lets draw a line under it.

I agree - to a degree. Like most people, he isn't very good at taking criticism - justified, unfounded or just plain abuse. I wouldn't like constant abuse. But then I wouldn't run a debate show. It's sad he has turned against NSC because of this. Whilst there is a lot of rubbish on here, there are a lot of salient points and informed debates. It is a much better sample of Albion fans than the Phone In. A lot of callers haven't been at the game.

A few Richie Morris's doesn't devalue to the opinions of hundreds of others. Let's not forget this is the same NSC that helped instigate Fans Utd for us and others. The seeds of Tom Hark were planted on here. As a community, NSC had contributed a lot of the last few years towards helping the club. We are all supposed to be pulling in the same direction.

Now I really must get back to wrestling with flowcharts in Word. It keeps going wrong and I get fed up, check on here and get emboiled in another argument. Must focus! :shootself

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That radio phone in was naff, is naff, and always will be while the topics are boring and the chat is like listening to a moanathon in an old people's home.

Harty, you are a top Fan of the club and clearly as all of us do, love the club. However, you don't know the first thing about a good sports radio phone in. Why don't you listen to talksport and find out how to make it better. Simply asking Doris from Hassocks how she thought the match went when she would rather talk about the weather and how do they get all them players kits dry during this cold snap, is not good enough. Choosing an article to talk about and then admit you didn't read it is amaterish not to mention you didn't understand it either. Why don't you talk about a controversial insident during the game or choose a topic that will rough a few feathers but be accurate? You would get more callers (like myself) and make for a more professional show.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Errr, hang on.

Harty made the article the top story on his phone in and then admitted that he hadn't actually read it?

That seems a bit silly to me. I'd havat least PRETENDED that I had read it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Errr, hang on.

Harty made the article the top story on his phone in and then admitted that he hadn't actually read it?

That seems a bit silly to me. I'd havat least PRETENDED that I had read it.

Yeah, i pretended i've read it too :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty can only work with what he has, ie the people that phone in. Much of the phone in is, Doris from a nursing home in Haywards Heath who has just listened to it on the radio or Bert from Hastings who last saw them in 1980 in the old first division. If I was Harty I would take the phone numbers of 10 or so people who went to the game such as Dave the Gaffer who will add something constructive to the phone and call them direct from 5pm-6pm with their permission and not be at the mercy of whatever crackpot phones in to them.

To help Harty I would suggest

Dave the Gaffer - he almost has his own radio show now anyway
Lord B
Easy 10
Chapmans the Saviour
London Irish
Beach Hut
Richie Morris !

Should be varied and interesting

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But all I do is spout stuff in a kinda drunken way and then accidentally swear. Still whatever flicks your bean I spose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here