Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart...a bit of a tossbag?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I the only person who agreed with Harty last week.

I believe the headline of The Argus was designed to create a shock and was based on no figures that could be substantiated whatsoever.

I also believe that the we would have not achieved an AVERAGE of 12,000 fans per game for the past 6 years not in anybodys wildest dreams. 10,000 if we were very lucky and had had good support from the away teams that have a large following the numbers of which that have visited us you could count on one hand in the past 6 years.

I also believe that the phone in far better when Harty hosts it as he shows passion abiout the Albion which is what we want on a a local fans phone in we dont want to listen to John Byrne giving his view as an ex-footballer with very lttle heart or passion we or at least I want to hear the good and bad about the club that we all support.

Keep up the good work Harty and to be honest if I ws you I would say f..k NSC and some of the idiots that post on it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rough guess, four years at over double current attendances at yesterdays prices say 4 x £4 million = £16 million, loss for two seasons at Gillingham + another £2 million = £18 million. Revenue loss.

Capital loss on Goldstone value + £12 million = £30 million.

But that is not the point. The point is there is £30 million to find for the mortgage on the new stadium. This is the weakest point of the Falmer application. The performance at the Public Inquiry really needs to show overwhelming support to attract the necessary investment. No balance of probabilities. Falmer has to be shown to be such an overwhelming favourite that it is the best choice not only for Planning Permission but as a viable investment and fully supported as an easy to get venue at a price fans can afford, without any ticket nuisances.

Sheepcote and the other sites in Brighton & Hove can never hope to do this.

It is not just Prescott's decision, the public support has to be there. It does not come automatically. It needs to be encouraged.

£30 million is a nice round figure that looks good on newspaper headlines and is not too far off the mark to be unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here