Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Dean Wikins Doesn't Sign the Contract....

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
We need someone with fire in their belly who will criticise the players when nescessary.I give you Garry Megson.All this blanket treatment on the players can wear a bit thin. For instance Jake Robinson's name comes up reguarly for special treatment because he's young and yet he's been a proffesional for five years now.(Not that I condone fans having a go at players but it happens day in day out in football.Look at Rooney and Owen.But they were young.Also they got on with it and scord a hat load of goals to boot).You would have thought he'd be emotionally ready for it wouldn't you....unless he's regressed.......I've heard on good authority that Wilkins (although an albion legend) can't have a go at the players when things need to be changed.We need a motivator with tactical knowledge:albion:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
nutter said:
We need someone with fire in their belly who will criticise the players when nescessary.I give you Garry Megson.All this blanket treatment on the players can wear a bit thin. For instance Jake Robinson's name comes up reguarly for special treatment because he's young and yet he's been a proffesional for five years now.(Not that I condone fans having a go at players but it happens day in day out in football.Look at Rooney and Owen.But they were young.Also they got on with it and scord a hat load of goals to boot).You would have thought he'd be emotionally ready for it wouldn't you....unless he's regressed.......I've heard on good authority that Wilkins (although an albion legend) can't have a go at the players when things need to be changed.We need a motivator with tactical knowledge:albion:

Wilkins does have a go at players, well at least he did when he was boss of the youth team. Just because he does not slaughter players in public you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: I hope Dean Wikins Doesn't Sign the Contract....

Rookie said:
Wilkins does have a go at players, well at least he did when he was boss of the youth team. Just because he does not slaughter players in public you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
Indeed.

Although suggesting Gary Megson discredited the post entirely anyway.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Be fair,you cant blame Wilkins.The board have taken the usual tack of going for the cheapest option,then when things get tight they can sack without losing too much cash.
Lets face it Fergie could`nt do too much with our squad.
Knight and Co,are past their sale by date,they have nothing to add now.
The Falmer diversion is a red herring,having no cash for the past seasons to really strenghthen the team they suggest that if and its a big if, they get Falmer everything will be okay.
Except for the fact they will need 12000 at each home game to pay off the massive loan they will have to take out.
Think about it 12000 would have been optomistic in the Championship,in Div 1 or Div 2 we are talking Fantasty football
If we had ditched the board last season we had a good chance of attracting some likely candidates,now little chance, however I would support any new blood,at least some chance,the present bunch `Loosers`

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe just maybe Wilkins has got as much out of the squad this season as is possible? It's been a long season for a small and on the whole young squad and there's absolutely nothing to say any other manager could've got any more out of them. The summer transfer activity and next seasons results will give more proof of his managerial capabilities.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:
Wilkins out of his depth , that much is for sure

I'm not convinced of that at all, 2 players Wilkins made no secret of his desire to have here were Dean Bowdich at least on a season long loan and Andrew Whing, Both players wanted to play for Wilkins and both players proved they could bring something to the team. Give Dean Wilkins a chance because at least he's proved he can attract quality players it just depends if the board are willing to back him.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
nutter said:

brilliant timing of this post by the way - slag him off 15 mins before the game, yeah? you were probably booing as you typed it.

anyone who actually saw the game today could see that he clearly gave the players the necessary rocket at half time. we came out a totally different side, didn't let them play their game, passed the ball, created chances, generally looked the better side. we deserved a point for the second half display alone. coincided with el abd's withdrawl, too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: I hope Dean Wikins Doesn't Sign the Contract....

bathseagull said:
brilliant timing of this post by the way - slag him off 15 mins before the game, yeah? you were probably booing as you typed it.

anyone who actually saw the game today could see that he clearly gave the players the necessary rocket at half time. we came out a totally different side, didn't let them play their game, passed the ball, created chances, generally looked the better side. we deserved a point for the second half display alone. coincided with el abd's withdrawl, too.

... but we still lost our 4th game in a row... at most clubs, the buck stops with the manager and, to a lesser extent, the board and the players... at our's, it's the fans and Withdean's fault... what utter bollox... :angry: :censored:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: I hope Dean Wikins Doesn't Sign the Contract....

B.W. said:
... but we still lost our 4th game in a row... at most clubs, the buck stops with the manager and, to a lesser extent, the board and the players... at our's, it's the fans and Withdean's fault... what utter bollox... :angry: :censored:

How about we are all in it together or has that been forgotten?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Just got back. Dont get me wrong, we were unlucky to loose. Second half we played well. But I remain convinced that Wilkins is out of his depth. If he doesnt strenghten the strike force next season, and an expirienced coach or no2 isnt brought in, then we will have another relegation battle on our hands. Anyone who thinks we are going to be challenging for promotin next season, with the current set up, is sadly deluded.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Statto said:
Just got back. Dont get me wrong, we were unlucky to loose. Second half we played well. But I remain convinced that Wilkins is out of his depth. If he doesnt strenghten the strike force next season, and an expirienced coach or no2 isnt brought in, then we will have another relegation battle on our hands. Anyone who thinks we are going to be challenging for promotin next season, with the current set up, is sadly deluded.

Sums it up for me Statto. That's exactly how I feel.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
largely due to the complete incompetance of most teams in this league.

Don't kid yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here