Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Dean Wikins Doesn't Sign the Contract....

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
The Complete Badger said:
I also believe we are only about 3 players short of being a top 8 side, largely due to the complete incompetance of most teams in this league.

Yeah, I dont entirely dissagree with that. If he goes out and buys a goalscoring striker in the summer then my opinion may well change. Its gonna be make or break next season for him.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Statto said:
If he goes out and buys a goalscoring striker in the summer then my opinion may well change.

He can only pick them he cant buy them!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
, I really do think a goalscoring forward, a creative midfielder, a right-back (Whing), and keeping Lynch would see us challenging for the play offs at least next year.

I like fairy stories.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kenhead said:
I thought you didn't like Wilkins?

As a person I like him but like Statto I don't think he has the tactical nouse to take us forward. I like his signings but that is about it.

My comment about the fairy story is that we've no chance of getting a proven goal scorer and other players (or even keeping Lynch) with our financial status as it is.
Blame the NIMBYs for delaying our stadium.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What annoys me is that you are right, to us that is a fairy story. It doesn't have to be though. Mayo, Hart, Oatway, and Butters are all out of contract, and we only recently rid ourselves of Carpenter. Why can't the money saved on whoever we release buy those new players? Problem is Knight will hand out contracts to all the old boys again, and we will be left needing, as you say, a fairy story. Hell, I'm even up for releasing the legend that is Michel if we get in the players we so desperately need. It just needs someone at the club with a bit of AMBITION.....

Ambition costs money. We are treading water until we get a stadium.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yorkie said:
I like fairy stories.

So you don't think that a goal scoring forward, a creative midfielder and someone that can actually play at right back would see us being a reasonably competative side?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grendel said:
So you don't think that a goal scoring forward, a creative midfielder and someone that can actually play at right back would see us being a reasonably competative side?

I didn't say that. I meant we have no chance of getting them without a 'fairy godmother' granting three wishes.

Maybe Whing if another team doesn't beat us to it. Even the Aussies have beaten us to Nick Ward.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yorkie said:
I didn't say that. I meant we have no chance of getting them without a 'fairy godmother' granting three wishes.

Maybe Whing if another team doesn't beat us to it. Even the Aussies have beaten us to Nick Ward.

That wasn't the question I asked. Although I do agree with you in that we'd be lucky to get one of the above, let alone all three.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
As a person I like him but like Statto I don't think he has the tactical nouse to take us forward. I like his signings but that is about it.

So exactly who is going to take us forward if the nimby's are holding us back?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:

My comment about the fairy story is that we've no chance of getting a proven goal scorer and other players (or even keeping Lynch) with our financial status as it is.

I could use the arguemet that we were fighting a stadium between 2000-02, but i belive that the squard is playing for Dean and that under any managment we would still be in the same league place. Look at our attencence to the better teams in this league, we are not abig team in this league

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
So exactly who is going to take us forward if the nimby's are holding us back?

Someone who knows how to turn a game around with substitutions. We've seen other teams come and do it to us. We need more consistency.
Bertin played brilliantly when he first came here and seems to have faded. It's almost as though he has had it coached out of him.
Players don't move off the ball into positions where passes can be made. It's almost as though if a pass is successful it is just lucky.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kenhead said:
Look at our attencence to the better teams in this league, we are not abig team in this league

Small fish in a big pond I think is the the phrase?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Small fish in a big pond I think is the the phrase?

There aren't many teams who get a better attendance than us.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Its the way you want to look at stats tho really isnt it. After what this club has been throught then 3rd division footie isn't too bad.

I rember the buzz about cambridge away in the old div.2, where are they now?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yorkie said:
There aren't many teams who get a better attendance than us.

12 teams in League One have a higher average home attendance than us to date. In terms of attendance as a percentage of capacity, however, I think we're in the top five.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kenhead said:
Its the way you want to look at stats tho really isnt it. After what this club has been throught then 3rd division footie isn't too bad.

I agree overall so why did we waste money sacking the last manager? I know a lot of people dont want to go over that again but it happened and we have gone for the cheap option that isn't working I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here