Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have found somewhere worse than Croydon

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a friend who now lives in Brighton who came from Horley. Fights every Friday and and Sat night in the town centre he said. Wouldnt go back there he said.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
"I have a friend who now lives in Brighton who came from Horley. Fights every Friday and and Sat night in the town centre he said. Wouldnt go back there he said."

...and that's just the police.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What a peculiar thread.

DTG: "Horleys shit"
Frank: "No, Hove is shit and you are bald whereas I have all my hair"
DTG: "No, really, Horley is shit...i've been there"
Frank: "I Love you Dave"

very odd.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've never actually been to Horley but I get the train through it most days and I can't help noticing it's got a Waitrose. Doesn't that mean it's well posh?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
not unlike Croydon Town Centre, Brighton Town Centre and possibly Mile Oak then?

I have only seen one fight in the town centre to be honest...I should clarify this wasnt two blokes having a scuffle! This was proper kicking off he was talking about.

On a side note I have never been to Mile Oak!

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Haven't posted in a while, but since it's discussing Horley, thought I'd offer my tuppence. Having grown up there and lived there for most of my life (20 odd yrs), whilst also having lived in Croydon (2 1/2yrs), Stoke(3yrs) and currently Wimbledon Park(rougher part of 'don, near the dogs).

I've lived in some glamourous locations!!

It's a bit of a hole, but it's like most small towns. Everyone knows each other, Not a lot for people to do at night apart from drink and fight as everyone's slept with each other at some point!! Liquid lounge (previously Milleniums, peaches, etc) is a renowned pit, but when you're underage it was a great nightclub. If you go there as an adult, you should know better!

Is does turn a bit rough at night, but it's certainly no West Croydon, Mitcham or anywhere like that.

As previous posters have said, it's massively expanded due to the Airport and so much housing has been built, but nothing else has been built so everyone has to head to the 'High Street'.

In conclusion, I disagree with the original poster, but respect their views!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where is Mile Oak? It would help, when thinking of the children, if I knew where they came from.

Frank obviously has strong feelings for Horley. Perhaps it was there that he first bent down on one knee.............

picked up a £1 coin and dialled 0875 THAIBRIDE4U. (Just kidding)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can I suggest there is a very good case for to be made for the Dung Heap of the Garden of England known as S(h)ittingbourne?

The Weatherspoons there is a sight to behold (if you have a strong stomach)......

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I live in Horley and yes it isn't the most interesting place in the world but it is ok i mean i don't worry when my kids go out that they will come back mugged or beaten like i would in some places but it has just a mark of nothing hanging over it really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here