Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have found somewhere worse than Croydon

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hey simster - I was thinking of moving to the reigate/ redhill area, whats the meadvale/ woodhatch area like?
Meadvale and Woodhatch are really south Reigate, Woodhatch is the only proper shit bit of Reigate. Woodhatch is more down at heel than Meadvale. Meadvale is a decent family area though, and slap bang next to an excellent secondary school. Reigate is fantastic place to live. Ask Croydon Seagull - he lived there, and went to the 3 schools my kids go to/will be going to. Quite a few Albion fans around here too, including the guy who runs my local offy.

Woodhatch is pretty rural but the roads are quite decent. However you do get a bit of airport noise. There's a dirty great big Tescos there which makes shopping easy. The train service to London (for Horley) is good.
Tescos is a bit further south of MV/Woodhatch, and it really is too big to be honest.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Horley is a dormitory for London and more so Gatwick. Because of it's connection to Gatwick it has a pretty transitory populace but it also does not have a large Council Estate (breeding ground for chavs) like many Sussex towns. Don't know which newsagent David went into but maybe if he took his head out of his arse he might have seen a bit more. Granted Horley is nothing special but it's not that bad either.

I'd be happy to live there again.

Someone's on her period!!!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Woodhatch is pretty rural but the roads are quite decent. However you do get a bit of airport noise. There's a dirty great big Tescos there which makes shopping easy. The train service to London (for Horley) is good.

Most of Woodhatch is far from rural, areas on the outskirts such as Sidlow Bridge, Flanchford & Hookwood are very much rural but a bit further out.

About 15 years ago Woodhatch, South Park & Meadvale were quite run down and a little rough but with the exception of Castle drive behind the Beehive, the area is much improved and fairly expensive. To be honest there are very few affordable parts in the area but there are still a few bargains to be had on the Redhill/Reigate borders.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Meadvale and Woodhatch are really south Reigate, Woodhatch is the only proper shit bit of Reigate. Woodhatch is more down at heel than Meadvale. Meadvale is a decent family area though, and slap bang next to an excellent secondary school. Reigate is fantastic place to live. Ask Croydon Seagull - he lived there, and went to the 3 schools my kids go to/will be going to. Quite a few Albion fans around here too, including the guy who runs my local offy.

Tescos is a bit further south of MV/Woodhatch, and it really is too big to be honest.

Does Alan still run the Off Licence on Croydon Road Simster? There's also a couple of Brighton fans who drink in Panther!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
and Frank lives in Keston near Bickley.

I am a Croydonian...

:US:

Even I am surprised at how Keston is viewed, but it's quite nice. Sadly it is also probably the best place to get a Daily Mail. I think that speaks volumes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't know his name I'm afraid.

There's a big Brighton fan who lives (I think) near me in Hayes (Kent). His business actually has Albion in it's name. Given the fact that he's been here for a while clearly most of my neighbours don't give a shit about you know who.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f*** off baldy, I spent most of the 90s there, it's no worse than the arsehole of Hove you come from. No way is it on a par with Croydon.

With all due respect Frank...you can go an f*** right off

IN MY OPINION..which is what this board is all about OPINIONS, you fuckwit, it is a shithole. I parked opposite the waitrose by a f*** off great factory outlet store, and walked into Town, whereby I happened upon a LIDLE, an Iceland, A Corner Pikey shop, a Weatherspoons, , hoards of Charity Shops and a pub where people were sat outside shouting and swearing. I was looking for a WH Smith and the closest I found was an Alldays

I do not come from HOVE, so get your fact right .

So I will reiterate IN MY f***ing HUMBLE OPINION its a shithole.

And No my mother doesn't want shagging thankyou, as that is no doubt your next offering.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't know his name I'm afraid.

I’m sure it is the same guy. I was always surprised how many Brighton fans there were in Reigate considering its proximity to Croydon. Redhill however is very much Palace territory.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With all due respect Frank...you can go an f*** right off

IN MY OPINION..which is what this board is all about OPINIONS, you fuckwit, it is a shithole. I parked opposite the waitrose by a f*** off great factory outlet store, and walked into Town, whereby I happened upon a LIDLE, an Iceland, A Corner Pikey shop, a Weatherspoons, , hoards of Charity Shops and a pub where people were sat outside shouting and swearing. I was looking for a WH Smith and the closest I found was an Alldays

I do not come from HOVE, so get your fact right .

So I will reiterate IN MY f***ing HUMBLE OPINION its a shithole.

And No my mother doesn't want shagging thankyou, as that is no doubt your next offering.

Thanks for that, I was joking to a degree but you've just shown yourself up as the aggorgant **** I always suspected. Just f*** off and support Huddersfield, a true toilet if ever there was.

How dare you slag off somewhere you know nothing about ? I could go further but I suggest you back down. Oh, your opinion is humble and frankly worthless.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just Go away you silly man and find a dictionary...learn the word OPINION

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To whom it may apply, I am olderthan Granny but have all my hair. Dave, let's not fall out !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And BOOM

Another binfest EXPLODES into life. This one could be IMMENSE

My flounceometer needle is off the scale right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here