Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have found somewhere worse than Croydon

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, you have a point.

On second thoughts the WHOLE of the Medway Area is Chav Central.

Went to a wedding in Maidstone last year. My daughter, 20 something and fit, was approached by a lad in the High Street. He was about 14, fake Burberry, Staffy terrier on a lead etc.. We were glammed up in wedding type clothing on our way to the church. The lad proceeded to hold his pubescent love tackle and called out loudly, 'Oi gorgeous, fancy a bit of Ashley?'. Oh how we laughed as even his mates took the piss out of him for being a twat!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
it must be your mum then, whos probably your sister as well.

so, you are taking my Mother or my Sister out ? If that is true the age gap between you and them would be over 20 years - therefore you are either a NONCE or you are being 'NONCED....'

what a strange world you live in

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
so, you are taking my Mother or my Sister out ? If that is true the age gap between you and them would be over 20 years - therefore you are either a NONCE or you are being 'NONCED....'

what a strange world you live in
ive just realised your mother and sister are one and the same, now i just need to find out who the young boy is who's always playing the banjo outside your house.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sleepy yes, no argument there but it's a small town going nowhere. It's not unpleasant though, just not a great place for sight seeing. However, having grown up in Burgess Hill and Hassocks and been schooled in Haywards Heath I would not wnat to live there rather than Horley.

I think Hayward's Heath is a bit of a dump, with a rather unpleasant juvenile population. Having to change trains late at night at the station there can be a distinctly unpleasant experience, the kids sem to act more like rat-packs.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
then you should know that compared to croydon, haywards heath is a fantastic place.

Its all according what part of Croydon you are talking about though, its a pretty big place. Yes Thornton Heath and the like are horrible but places like Sanderstead and Addiscombe are as affluent as you like.

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Its all according what part of Croydon you are talking about though, its a pretty big place. Yes Thornton Heath and the like are horrible but places like Sanderstead and Addiscombe are as affluent as you like.

When was the last time you spent some time in Addiscombe? It is a tad tawdry old boy..now Shirley is a better place but is till suffering from inter-cty creep.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ever been in the 'Spice Boys' curry takeaway,SJ's love monkey? My cousin owns half of the business.Has it got a good reputation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here