Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got into a punch up tonight

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you hate plastic fans, have a pop at the 25 thousand so called Albion fans that went to Cardiff..but dont show at Withdean! .. Oh but that is different aint it!
*sigh* We've already established that those people are "day trippers" not "plastics". Do keep up:

A plastic is someone who follows a glory club they have virtually no affiliation to, and makes no attempt to ever watch them live. Cheering them on from a bar stool in front of sky sports is the natural behaviour of a plastic.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
to be honest with you, i will use any means to avoid my sons supporting man utd or chelsea, be it brainwashing them, endless pisstaking, or failing that going running or swimming instead. it's not really an option here, that would be a horrible indictment of my parenting if they turned up wanting to go to anfield or whatever:albion2:

............... well ........................... except you do want your son to have his own mind. You can do all what you think to be the right things but your son will end up making his own mind up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
............... well ........................... except you do want your son to have his own mind. You can do all what you think to be the right things but your son will end up making his own mind up.

Or have the relentless Sky Sports HYPE machine make it up for him....

"A plastic is someone who follows a glory club they have virtually no affiliation to, and makes no attempt to ever watch them live. Cheering them on from a bar stool in front of sky sports is the natural behaviour of a plastic."

That isn't really fair, cos by that definition, its near impossible to be a plastic Brighton fan:thumbsup:

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
From the posts on here, I gather that the game between Man. U and Chelsea in the Moscow Stadium was inferior to a BHA game before a capacity crowd of 6500 to 7000 at Withdean.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I do think with kids it's a different argument. (Well I would say that as my son supports Newcasle and as a boy I supported Chelsea). Eventually however you realise there's more to football than just big teams and trophies, and reading several threads on here I know I'm not alone in having followed a 'big' team as a boy. Fair play to all those who's offspring only support Brighton, you're all better Dads than me.

But if you're an adult to go the other way, to think "Oh I don't want to support third-rate Brighton I'm going to inject a bit of glamour into my life by supporting Chelsea (or Bayern Munich if your one of DtG's more exotic mates)" makes you 'plastic'. If we all did it there would only be about six teams in Britain, which is why I think it's perfectly ok to ridicule and mock those who've made that choice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From the posts on here, I gather that the game between Man. U and Chelsea in the Moscow Stadium was inferior to a BHA game before a capacity crowd of 6500 to 7000 at Withdean.

Not sure I'm quite catching your drift old boy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If they have their own minds then they may well support Man U, Chelsea or the like but if they dont have their own minds............theirs always Millwall.

Not at all, there you had 70,000 committed fans spending buckets to be there, I assume the vast will be STH's.

I think this is about "community", how do you see yourself within a community,

to mis quote Kennedy "Ich ben Brighton"

Whilst living the majority of my life away from Brighton, I am from Brighton, My heart is Brighton, I support Brighton.

Nothing else will do. If you do not see yourself 100% of somewhere, then your affliations will drift.

In addition, if you were to get a plasticonmeter :ascarf:

I would envisaged the overwhelming of plasticionos, would support, lets see:

Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal.

I wonder why.

How many plastics (with no connections to the place are supporting Bolton etc.

LC

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to have been a fairly MASSIVE bit of post deletion on this thread since last night. As I recall Buzzer took serious exception to Badger's pro-plastic stance amd was demanding that Badger Boy PM'ed him so Buzzer could jump in a cab, come round Badger's place and have him say it to his face. Some old handbags like that anyways. Of course a smarter Badger, or a less-kindly one would have simply picked an address at random from the Phone Boook and sent Buzzer on a Wild Badger Chase, leaving him seriously out of pocket and in some godforsaken shithole in the middle of the night with no easy way home :lol:

But he didn't - so U2 should :kiss: and make up

The truth is out there. Or it was.

Going to see MES on Satday BTW Buzzer? Beer B4hand?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The two with no allegience must be gayers.

One is into RUGBY.

The other is definitely a GAYER.

So only two of ten support their local team.

Remember also, that these kids are 10, so at the time they were starting their interest in football, their local team WERE a Premiership side. Its all about GLAMOUR and playground bragging rights.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I can understand 7 or 8 year old supporting Manure, Chelski, Arse etc because little kids like to support teams that win but when they get to 11 they morph in to plastic glory hunting wankers.

The bit that really defines them is that when they are not on a winning run they never mention it and they hide their JJB shirts away until they start winning again.

:tosser:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We did our shopping yesterday and the taxi driver taking us home asked me if I was going to watch the match later and who did I want to win , I replied I would be watching it but out of the two sides Man U might win it 2-1 over 90 minutes but it wasn't really important. He asked who I supported and told him it was the Albion and he wanted to know who I follow in the Premiership and he was surprised that I didn't. I told him that it was 25 years ago to the day that Brighton played Man U in the FA Cup Final but his reply was but look how many times Man U have won the League and so many cup finals since then. I get the impression that a lot of fans are only gloryhunters and its unfashionable not to support a big club. The pub around the corner from us was packed last night with plastics with their replica shirts on, all singing with Grimsby accents.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Its quite simple really.

Lives on the other side of the country, no logical attachment to the club, never attends the games and isn't particularly bothered about doing so, buys the shirt from JJB and watches in the pub, only latched onto them because they're a "big" club, revels in the reflected glory = PLASTIC

Attends as many games as possible, supports the club through thick and thin regardless of success (or lack of), follows the team whatever division they're in, gets genuinely pissed off at a defeat or gets a real buzz from a win = REAL FAN

I kind of love to hate plastics. It makes me feel superior.
that Mr 10 defines a plastic to a tee

and also defines a proper fan
i hate them, plastics that is:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Don't know what you're laughing about, mate. Seems like my one bout of fisticuffs pisses all over the amount of action the BWS have ever seen.

Yep. Go to the family stand any match at Withers and you'll find that in action. Take along a nintendo for them to play at first if they get bored. By around age 7 or 8 they really pay attention to the footie and by that age they're already hooked. Just a bit of gentle reminding at home that Albion rule, Palace are scum and plastic fans are beneath contempt.

Job done.

Don't forget it's £1 for under-10s too. No excuse.
:lolol:BWS, sorry you're barking up the wrong tree buzzer

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Isupport the Albion from afar, and if I lived in Brighton, I would attend their games as I did over 50 years ago, but I still love to see displays by teams at the pinnacle of the "Beautiful Game".

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I well remember going to the dogs in Brighton a few years ago and man u were playing Bayern Munich. There was a bloke gazing intently at the screen so I asked him what the score was. He replied that United were winning to which I replied "oh bugger" whereupon he looked at me as if I had crawled out from under a stone. So i said - "Well i don't support united" to which he replied - "But the others are Germans" as if it mattered

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I well remember going to the dogs in Brighton a few years ago and man u were playing Bayern Munich. There was a bloke gazing intently at the screen so I asked him what the score was. He replied that United were winning to which I replied "oh bugger" whereupon he looked at me as if I had crawled out from under a stone. So i said - "Well i don't support united" to which he replied - "But the others are Germans" as if it mattered

You see, i'd agree with him there. Despite me only supporting Brighton, and having no affinity or preference to any Premiership side, I will always support English sides in Europe. Can't see why anyone wouldn't really (unless Palace get there....:lol::lol:)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
To developp this further, we live in what is now a Arsenal area, all the african kids where their tops, half the turkish kids, mixed in with a few Turkish sides.

Once Hackney was split between three sides:

Tottenham in the north (the Jewish area)
Arsenal in the middle (my area) and
West Ham in the south and east!

But no more.

The children already know Brighton is special (4, 2 and 7 months - well he doesn't yet).

They have Brighton bears, we have wooden seagulls.

Will I want my kids to stand out with their Brighton shirts? Beatrice already stands out as being about the only little girl for miles with blond hair.

Ultimately, I will favour Brighton, but they were born, within the old Bow Bells, so it will be their choice. The fact I won't be forking out £60 quid plus to watch the Gunners, may effect a final decision.

LC
whereabouts were your kids born lc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here