Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got into a punch up tonight

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
That's funny but it isn't a serious answer to the problem is it? I am as concerned as anyone about the plastic fans situation, but just calling them names doesn't solve anything.

They won't care what anyone calls them. They have chosen to support a team and won't change because 'proper' fans despise them. Even if you hate their reasons, those reasons exist.

How do you change that? My view is that whatever high principles we might have about why one should support a team, many will follow success. I don't like it but don't think that will ever change.

to be honest with you, i will use any means to avoid my sons supporting man utd or chelsea, be it brainwashing them, endless pisstaking, or failing that going running or swimming instead. it's not really an option here, that would be a horrible indictment of my parenting if they turned up wanting to go to anfield or whatever:albion2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's funny but it isn't a serious answer to the problem is it? I am as concerned as anyone about the plastic fans situation, but just calling them names doesn't solve anything.

They won't care what anyone calls them. They have chosen to support a team and won't change because 'proper' fans despise them. Even if you hate their reasons, those reasons exist.

How do you change that? My view is that whatever high principles we might have about why one should support a team, many will follow success. I don't like it but don't think that will ever change.
Good point. I think this whole argument is linked to 'superfan' arguments that have occured on here in the past. People just can't get it into their heads that most supporters aren't die hard, go every week type fans. It's the same principle as when they critisise our fans for not going to withdean every week. So what if they just want to watch a few games on the telly and wear a shirt, they probably have other hobbies or do other things on a saturday. I just find the whole argument a bit spasticated.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How about this, my mate has been a man utd fan for 20 years [since i have known him] he goes a few times a season, gets the shirts etc. BUT he has a brighton season ticket and goes week in week out, he doesnt claim to be a die hard supporter but he is a 'fan.'

So what is the opinion of him?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's probably gay

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
f*** me. The Font and Firkin was chocka full of plastic mancs. Admittedly drnk and chang can make a Brighton fan quite perky and I gave a few renditions of "I support my local club" but I left with a few Chelski mates after the game and then realised I'd left my jacket in the pub.

I went back to get it and some plastic manc **** was sitting on it. I asked (politely) for it. He hugged me. and shouted in my ear "We Won!!!!

I said I don't support the f***ing Manure and neither did he as he was clearly some Guildford born glory seeking tosser who cared enough to buy the top but not actually go to the games. The sod took a swing at me so for one of the rare times in my adult life I had a pop back. And got kicked out the pub.

I f***ing hate plastic mancs. Really, really hate them.

Tell me Buzzer would you hit me if i had cheered a Man U win? Bearing in mind i Have been an Albion SUPPORTER for 30 years, had a season ticket for 5 of them, made the god forsaken trip to The Priestfield on many occasions,been on marches in London and Brighton to rid the club of a corrupt board. Witnessed the most heart wrenching moments at Hereford. Took my momentoes of the good old Goldstone, witnessed joy at Cardiff heartbreak at Wembley, followed the reserves and put my signature to many a petition for a new stadium!!
Now while i sympathise with your anger at witnessing a "Local" following a team he has little connection to is it realy worth the hassle of actual physical violence..............and why Man U..........you said you left with some Chelsea mates...........did you not feel the urge to bop them:thumbsup:? My other half likes Pompey and she went to her first game............on saturday!!! so she is plastic but i feel no need to bop her.
Only i like Man U and i like cheering them on i just want to Know if i would be safe with you around:shrug::wave:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
this whole threads plastic , talk about a bunch of muppets ................. i got in a punch up

Don't know what you're laughing about, mate. Seems like my one bout of fisticuffs pisses all over the amount of action the BWS have ever seen.

You BEAT it into them. Its very easy when they're small.

Yep. Go to the family stand any match at Withers and you'll find that in action. Take along a nintendo for them to play at first if they get bored. By around age 7 or 8 they really pay attention to the footie and by that age they're already hooked. Just a bit of gentle reminding at home that Albion rule, Palace are scum and plastic fans are beneath contempt.

Job done.

Don't forget it's £1 for under-10s too. No excuse.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
How about this, my mate has been a man utd fan for 20 years [since i have known him] he goes a few times a season, gets the shirts etc. BUT he has a brighton season ticket and goes week in week out, he doesnt claim to be a die hard supporter but he is a 'fan.'

So what is the opinion of him?

f***ing peado nonce.:tosser:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Tell me Buzzer would you hit me if i had cheered a Man U win? Bearing in mind i Have been an Albion SUPPORTER for 30 years, had a season ticket for 5 of them, made the god forsaken trip to The Priestfield on many occasions,been on marches in London and Brighton to rid the club of a corrupt board. Witnessed the most heart wrenching moments at Hereford. Took my momentoes of the good old Goldstone, witnessed joy at Cardiff heartbreak at Wembley, followed the reserves and put my signature to many a petition for a new stadium!!
Now while i sympathise with your anger at witnessing a "Local" following a team he has little connection to is it realy worth the hassle of actual physical violence..............and why Man U..........you said you left with some Chelsea mates...........did you not feel the urge to bop them:thumbsup:? My other half likes Pompey and she went to her first game............on saturday!!! so she is plastic but i feel no need to bop her.
Only i like Man U and i like cheering them on i just want to Know if i would be safe with you around:shrug::wave:

Of course he wouldnt. He would shit it! It probably never happened and if it did, what a wanker he is!

All this plastic fans bollocks really pisses me off. look a bit closer to home eh! What about the 25 thousand plastic fans that went to Cardiff eh? go and punch all of them Buzzer you cock!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
FFS Im getting my coat.

Or did Buzzer get battered and lost his jacket to a plastic spastic?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Of course he wouldnt. He would shit it! It probably never happened and if it did, what a wanker he is!
All this plastic fans bollocks really pisses me off. look a bit closer to home eh! What about the 25 thousand plastic fans that went to Cardiff eh? go and punch all of them Buzzer you cock!

Eh? I explained already. I've only ever been in 1 other fight in my adult life (with a bloke trying to rob me) so this is completely out of character for me. The bloke swung at me first. I didn't go up and just twat him. Try reading what I posted before you type. It makes for an easier to follow thread.

And if I was the type of bloke to boast about non-existent fights I'd go onto BWS. I'm not exactly the handiest in a scrap, after all.

Cheers :thumbsup:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Eh? I explained already. I've only ever been in 1 other fight in my adult life (with a bloke trying to rob me) so this is completely out of character for me. The bloke swung at me first. I didn't go up and just twat him. Try reading what I posted before you type. It makes for an easier to follow thread.

And if I was the type of bloke to boast about non-existent fights I'd go onto BWS. I'm not exactly the handiest in a scrap, after all.

Cheers :thumbsup:

If you hate plastic fans, have a pop at the 25 thousand so called Albion fans that went to Cardiff..but dont show at Withdean! .. Oh but that is different aint it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here