Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Games against Ipswich make me think of sunny days and shirtsleeves, we seem to frequently play them right at the start or end of a season.

Lovely day today, though I don't think that's going to hold out for Saturday.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Trust us to get Ipswich again when they are playing well. We were second best everywhere on the pitch when we played them earlier this season. 3 - 1, it could have been 6 - 1! (not again). I'm just hoping for the best.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I remeber that game You went up we went down, good atmosphere all fans were on the pitch after, as for your question probably not, never seen a tout at The AMEX (RIP Golstone)

To fit in with our shiny new stadium & image we DO have a posh tout based in 1901 who can provide wine, dine & tix all for at least a ton per head

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a Junior Seagull, Ipswich were responsible for my first ever experience of the heartbreak of losing to a last minute goal.

It was at the Goldstone, probably about 1989 or 1990 I reckon, and some no-mark called Mich D'Avray scored the winner I believe. The name is burned into my consciousness to this day :lolol:
I think it was 1987 as I remember that game. Myself and [MENTION=3073]KLF[/MENTION] rocked up at half-time and couldn't believe we were winning 1-0 as we had been shit all season. It was the only time I ever stood on the west terrace and we watched the second half unfold in HORROR as Ipswich continued the procession of away teams turning us over with ease. We went down that season. :-(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was just interested to know if it was worth the effort of trying to get a ticket near the ground on the day
There is bugger all chance of ticketless Ipswich fans getting in, and I shall explain why: we have 20,000 home-end seats and 18,400 season ticket holders. The 1,600 will have bought their tix on general sale, and the 18,400 have smart cards to get into the stadium, so they are unlikely to give them up, especially to someone from out of town who they are unlikely to ever see again.

Lush

Mods' Pet
There is bugger all chance of ticketless Ipswich fans getting in, and I shall explain why: we have 20,000 home-end seats and 18,400 season ticket holders. The 1,600 will have bought their tix on general sale, and the 18,400 have smart cards to get into the stadium, so they are unlikely to give them up, especially to someone from out of town who they are unlikely to ever see again.

Thanks Sim. Was just about to post to the OP but saved me the bother of typing so many words. :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trust us to get Ipswich again when they are playing well. We were second best everywhere on the pitch when we played them earlier this season. 3 - 1, it could have been 6 - 1! (not again). I'm just hoping for the best.

not my recollection at all. Poor first half neither team created anything of note. Great goal by Vicente, equaliser by Chopra due to Calderon standing off, sloppy second, then Calderon stood off again for 3rd. Harley missed a sitter and arguably Casper culpable for all 3 as well!
Very quiet home fans.
Ticket unlikely as per others comments

Last edited:

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
Good point. I suppose my best bet would be to hang around the vistors end and hope that some fans have not managed to make it but given the tickets to others to sell. Has worked for me in the past. On the downside if that does not work it does seem (but correct me if I am wrong) that there are not many local pusb where I could drwon my sorrows whilst watching SSN.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2-1. We had gone ahead, Digweed saved a pen, then Chris Kiwomya equalised anyway with 7 minutes left...
Pah, I can't bloody remember

EDIT - had to look it up, I was thinking of the season before (not sure who scored, but it was in the dying minutes).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here