Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

I was indeed looking rather fetching as a nun. Strangely, I remember Ispwich that day for 2 very different responses. At teh ground I was frisked by the steward, and when I questioned him for touching up a nun, he said "well, it makes a change from sheep." LOL.

Then on teh way out of town, with Ipswich duly crowned as Champions, and us relegated, we pulled into a petrol station, and as I stood there, still in my wimple, some Town fan in the car behind start chanting "going down" at us. After a day of good hunour despite relegation, and celebration from the Town fans, that seemed a bit unnecessary, so I went up to the car and gave him the full blast of my views of him. I often wonder how odd that must have looked to passing cars.

Always had a soft spot for Ipswich myself. They were my second team back in the day, with that Bobby Robson side. In fact I have a dusty old picture somewhere of me and Alan Brazil taken on a football holiday I had in Ipswich.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've long had a soft spot for Ipswich Town too, mainly because of that magnificent side under Bobby Robson of 1980-82, but also John Lyall's splendid footballing team of the early 1990s with Kiwomya, Dozzell, Linighan, Stockwell etc.

Saying all that, I hope we stuff them good and proper tomorrow.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Ipswich are a great club. I love going to Portman Road. Great old ground with real history.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Trust us to get Ipswich again when they are playing well. We were second best everywhere on the pitch when we played them earlier this season. 3 - 1, it could have been 6 - 1! (not again). I'm just hoping for the best.

I agree with that. Ipswich are the best team I have seen this season (in our division) been to all of the home games and quite a few away too.

I can't believe their league position based on that game and their pick up in form over the last month or so is no real surprise to me. Tough game tomorrow for sure....bad time to play them, still here's hoping
BHA 6 - Ipswich 0 :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
funniest thing you have ever said dr. Respect, for your comedic genius.
Now i realise what funny chap you are, and how wonderful that you have wanted to share your gift with us for all this time.

"ave it with the millwall"- brilliant!!
it's been a pleasure .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My overriding recollections of that game were a massive crush in our end, fancy dress (mainly Elvis lookalikes it seemed) and trouble outside.

Spot on. I think the Elvises were the Gull's Eye lot and Harty had blagged a press pass so was pitchside. There was no love-in as far as I can recall. An Ipswich fan ran the length of the pitch, avoided the police and stewards and dived into the home end full of Ipswich fans alongside us to our left and I think knocked himself out in doing so. There was aggro before and after the game and I got punched in the back of the head by a pikey looking Ipswich fan who then ran away, the little tosser.

Edit - just seen the comments about the Goldstone. Portman Road wasn't all that either back then. The stand we were crammed into (the Dead Prostitute End?) was ramshackle.

Last edited:

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
Actually the Police sent us into the wrong bit of the ground by mistake. Just as we arrived Ipswich scored and all hell broke loose. I just about managed to get onto the pitch but even then darts and billiard balls were being thrown at us. As I came out of the ground at the end (covered in blood) a copper laughed and winked at me...whilst rolling up his shirt sleeve to show me the "Wall" tattoo he had on his arm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here