Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good point. I suppose my best bet would be to hang around the vistors end and hope that some fans have not managed to make it but given the tickets to others to sell. Has worked for me in the past. On the downside if that does not work it does seem (but correct me if I am wrong) that there are not many local pusb where I could drwon my sorrows whilst watching SSN.
But if you can't get it, central Brighton is a five min train ride from right outside the ground, so I think your idea is best...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good point. I suppose my best bet would be to hang around the vistors end and hope that some fans have not managed to make it but given the tickets to others to sell. Has worked for me in the past. On the downside if that does not work it does seem (but correct me if I am wrong) that there are not many local pusb where I could drwon my sorrows whilst watching SSN.

You'd have a train to yourself back to Brighton (ten mins away)... I believe that place has a pub or two.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With the away end a sellout will Ipswich bring enough support to wipe out the Stripey Nigel's away attendance ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember the 92 Ipswich game at the Goldstone.......two things stood out a goal by Chris Kiwomya (sp?) and someone in the north stand shouting at John Byrne to kick their streak of piss, permed keeper (Forrest?) "in the nuts" :lolol:

Last edited:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Oh the Wilkins free kick......fantastic day.
At the final whistle i was one of a few left in the North Stand as I had a 3/4 leg plaster and was on crutches with everyone else on the pitch.
Got really drunk , ended up in the Escape Club off my face and came home to fall backwards down my stairs , smashing the back of the plaster and biting the end of my tongue off !!!

And that kids, is how we rolled back in the day !

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Very little chance of getting tickets as it'll be sold out or near as dammit for us too.

I'm really sorry, but I just can't look at your club without thinking of this. It's completely disturbing.

I'd completely forgotten that horror story. Seeing that picture again made me crease up. I really can't wait for what the wags in the North Stand dream up on Saturday.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
My best friend and best man at my wedding is an Ipswich fan! We will both be going on Saturday. So we have been to quite a few BHA/Ipswich games together over the years. Remember getting a point at Portman Road in 1979 during first Div 1 season. Ipswich had a handy team in those days - lots of Dutchman and Beattie! Seen Town beaten to send us into the Div 2 play offs and beat us to relegate the Seagulls during the start of the dark days.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There is bugger all chance of ticketless Ipswich fans getting in, and I shall explain why: we have 20,000 home-end seats and 18,400 season ticket holders. The 1,600 will have bought their tix on general sale, and the 18,400 have smart cards to get into the stadium, so they are unlikely to give them up, especially to someone from out of town who they are unlikely to ever see again.

This, plus Season ticket smart cards can have money loaded on them, so you really only want to give them to peoplr you know. Tickets sell so quickly you have to be on the ball and lucky to bag the few on sale, so very few will not be used.

Your best chance would be to get one from an Ipswich fan who cannot go.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know, weird innit. How these little moments stay with you forever, long after such players are forgotten by their own fans.

I bet a few Newcastle fans remember Bryan Wade, a man who will never have a statue in his honour outside any Brighton grounds.
Coincidence...just watched a video of Bryan Wades 4 goals....

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Greetings

For some unaccountable reason the trip to the Goldstone (whoops) has created near hysteria amongst Town fans and our ticket allocation sold out immediately and there are quite a few fans travelling without tickets. Generally speaking is it possible to get tickets outside the ground if you hang about and offer a little over the odds ?

Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

We are in a cracking run of form and looking good so Sat should be a good game.

I remember a slightly different account of that day in 92....it resulted in my 15 minutes of fame...or was it infamy...:whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

I was there. I was dressed as ZORRO.
I had to leave my sword in the car, the mask severely restricted my view, and the boots chafed my inner thigh to shreds. I won't pretend I didn't like it though.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
My first ever Albion league match was against Ipswich at the Goldstone in November 1980. We won 1-0. I sat in the West Stand with my dad.

I have just researched the date and it was exactly 24 years to the day before my son's birthday!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I went to Ipswich once on a train that took a scenic route of the north London slums, to see Portman Road and its famous pitch. Trouble was there was a hosepipe ban and parts of the pitch looked like the Sahara. No goals. Kevin Beattie was a left back and a half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here