Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Jan 30, 2008
Just because you were probably out there looking to smack someone doesn't mean everyone else was.
did i say that? only what i witnessed on the day , seemed to be a moody atmosphere at the end of the game , SEE MR RYDER ON THE PITCH WITH A COUPLE OF OTHERS but to say loads of BHA on the pitch is way off the mark :thumbsup:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Greetings

For some unaccountable reason the trip to the Goldstone (whoops) has created near hysteria amongst Town fans and our ticket allocation sold out immediately and there are quite a few fans travelling without tickets. Generally speaking is it possible to get tickets outside the ground if you hang about and offer a little over the odds ?

Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

We are in a cracking run of form and looking good so Sat should be a good game.

I remember that day well. Although at times it felt like the terracing was going to collapse. The damn floor was vibrating when we were jumping up and down. And don't get me started on the mexican wave.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Poor you......Mich D'Avray is not a name that is actually burned into the consciousness of many Town fans

I know, weird innit. How these little moments stay with you forever, long after such players are forgotten by their own fans.

I bet a few Newcastle fans remember Bryan Wade, a man who will never have a statue in his honour outside any Brighton grounds.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thats wat UI remeber , I was alot younger (obviously) they had the Craig whatshisname in goal and it all seemed very freindly

Forrest. Canadian. Mullet.

They also lent us Ron Fearon, another keeper, I seem to recall. He wasn't bad. Never heard of before or since.

Speaking of Ipswich keepers, there was a home game against them (might have been the famous Wendy Wilkins one) when we were awarded a penalty and everyone was up on their feet cheering, apart from me, who had spotted that the Ipswich #1 was Paul Cooper, a man with a phenomenal record of saving penalties.

Did he save one, true to form, only for us to score with a re-take, or am I confusing that with another game?

N.E.ESSEX SEAGULL

Feb 9, 2012
CLACTON
Was trouble all over the place that day , no way we clapped you off, can even remember youre fans doing the mexican wave and us not joining in and giving you the wankers sign when it passed . Also remember youre lot giving it outside the drum & monkey and then getting run all over ,and we want our elvis back when he got nicked ,still have gulls eye video of that day great day out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was Phil Parkes in goal that day

For the Wendy game? Fair enough. I'm sure I remember some kind of penalty shenanigans against Paul Cooper at some stage though. Must have been a different season :thumbsup:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
loved that day in Ipswich (apart from being relegated) anyone else remember the pub and everyone was helping themselve to free beer ?

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
Ah yes.....Paul Cooper at one time the only uncapped player in the Town side.....the boys of 81 and all that......our golden era.......and yes he really seemed to have the knack of guessing which way on spot kicks

Jan 30, 2008
Was trouble all over the place that day , no way we clapped you off, can even remember youre fans doing the mexican wave and us not joining in and giving you the wankers sign when it passed . Also remember youre lot giving it outside the drum & monkey and then getting run all over ,and we want our elvis back when he got nicked ,still have gulls eye video of that day great day out.
at last, some one with a sensible post :wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you in some early 70's time warp where you still "give it large, firms, running etc" ?......do me a favour.

Well he doesn't tend to post about the actual football much, so read into that what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here