Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I come in peace !

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Shame to say that day at ipswich was not memorable for me. Dressed as a monk running around after 10 pints in The Railway. Cant remember the game other than getting one back to make it a bit interesting. Penalty i think past Digweed. And then after - surprised people remember that day as a shaking hands and jolly good chaps show.

I got the shite kicked out of me near the station and then loads of bricks and shit thrown through the train windows. God I was drunk that day. Slept outside Tottenham Court Road tube station all night. Woken by the police, kept in a cell until 4pm the next day and then booted out. Oh dear.

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
I was planning on coming tooled up with me river island clobber on.....planning a meet with your top boys and av it large .......can you spot the irony ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Are you in some early 70's time warp where you still "give it large, firms, running etc" ?......do me a favour.

So you come on here making a snide comment about the Goldstone, come up with a load of bollocks about a game in 92 being a massive love in between the two clubs because you want a match ticket and when people put you right you get the hump?

Suggest you do us all a favour.......

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was trouble all over the place that day , no way we clapped you off, can even remember youre fans doing the mexican wave and us not joining in and giving you the wankers sign when it passed . Also remember youre lot giving it outside the drum & monkey and then getting run all over ,and we want our elvis back when he got nicked ,still have gulls eye video of that day great day out.

Most of that is how I recall it. The mexican wave lark where we did NOT exactly join in. Certainly do not remember clapping them off either. I remember the atmosphere being a tad unfriendly but I was a lad so did not see too much trouble.

PLEASE can someone tell me I am not imagining things. The floor did massively VIBRATE on the terrace didn't it ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was planning on coming tooled up with me river island clobber on.....planning a meet with your top boys and av it large .......can you spot the irony ?

I can pretty much guarantee you'll get a roll eyes smiley from him as a result of that post- his standard response when someone he doesn't know starts talking about 1980s football hoolie stuff. In fact if he's not already done it in the time it's taken me to type this, I will be amazed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Damn, look at me, wrong again :facepalm:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells

I was referring to a game nearly 20 years ago you silly tit. Good luck with your free ticket search. Perhaps rather than spend time and money on a wasted journey you could pop out on a date with your.......no sorry, too predictable

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was referring to a game nearly 20 years ago you silly tit. Good luck with your free ticket search. Perhaps rather than spend time and money on a wasted journey you could pop out on a date with your.......no sorry, too predictable

I don't think he was aiming that post at you, DT...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chopra scoring goals again now I see. Someone take him to the bookies before the match and offer him some tempting odds.

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
it was not meant to be a snide comment about the Goldstone (a ground I enjoyed visiting) and there was no bollocks about the game in 92.....just my own recollection. It was a long time ago and people have different memories. I was just interested to know if it was worth the effort of trying to get a ticket near the ground on the day

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Greetings

For some unaccountable reason the trip to the Goldstone (whoops) has created near hysteria amongst Town fans and our ticket allocation sold out immediately and there are quite a few fans travelling without tickets. Generally speaking is it possible to get tickets outside the ground if you hang about and offer a little over the odds ?

Have a soft spot for Albion, can remember a fixture at PR in May 1992. We had won the title and you were going down but your fans travelled in numbers (and in fancy dress) and clapped the Town team at the end.

We are in a cracking run of form and looking good so Sat should be a good game.

Find a pub and stay in it. No chance of getting a ticket at the Amex.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
it was not meant to be a snide comment about the Goldstone (a ground I enjoyed visiting) and there was no bollocks about the game in 92.....just my own recollection. It was a long time ago and people have different memories. I was just interested to know if it was worth the effort of trying to get a ticket near the ground on the day

In that case Sir I stand corrected. Apologies.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

Honestly I would not bother. Personally I do not think you have got much chance of getting a ticket. As yet I have never seen a tout outside the ground.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
When I think of Ipswich I think of the 1-1 draw on the final day of the season a few years ago. If I remember rightly we needed a win to guarantee safety - a point would be enough if someone else didn't win - and Ipswich needed a win to get into the playoffs.

Highly entertaining game, if quite nervous as well, and Chris Mcphee got put clean through from the halfway line with just the goalkeeper to beat on about the 82nd minute and ballsed it up.

There were a couple of away fans in the south stand next to me which was quite interesting chatting to them throughout

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Well it's not, so f*** off!

Ipswich Town Fan

Feb 20, 2012
The game at PR was interesting......most teams come and "park the bus" knowing that we don't have the guile to break them down and our fragile defence will always leak a goal . However Brighton came and played open football which suits us much better. We have changed our style in the last matches....Dury, Hyam and Martin are all energy and run and run. Added to this Chopra seems to have come back to form. I was doubtful when we signed him but he knows were the net is.

Should be a good match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here