Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can not believe your mentality on here

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Guinness Dave said:
i put my back out putting the rubbish out :lolol:

Ouch. My back isn't completely right now even after 6 weeks on sick leave and back at work for two weeks.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Easy 10 said:
Could've been I suppose. But it seems quite a coincidence that within hours of the news breaking about him slapping in (another) transfer request, Preston are on the scene.

I'm beyond caring now though frankly. His whining had become tedious in the extreme. Give me a decent young understudy who can learn from Kuipers and then challenge his place in the team, over some billy-big-bollocks who thinks his International caps makes him undroppable, any day.
:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Could've been I suppose. But it seems quite a coincidence that within hours of the news breaking about him slapping in (another) transfer request, Preston are on the scene.

I'm beyond caring now though frankly. His whining had become tedious in the extreme. Give me a decent young understudy who can learn from Kuipers and then challenge his place in the team, over some billy-big-bollocks who thinks his International caps makes him undroppable, any day.

You heard him whining? Strange - I never did.

Michel is a good keeper and so is Hendo.
This is what gets me is that the whole thing has polarised fans so much. I'm sure it is still the McGhee effect especially on Nsc. Their stats as posted on other threads show only a small decimal point difference.

:nono:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yorkie said:
Ouch. My back isn't completely right now even after 6 weeks on sick leave and back at work for two weeks.

Are you sure those rose tinted glasses of yours aren,t too heavy, causing the backache..?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think we need them both and it will come home to roost in a couple of weeks when Kuipers is on that treatment table again after attempting a dramatic save even though Rotherham were already 3-0 up by then.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
cjd said:
Are you sure those rose tinted glasses of yours aren,t too heavy, causing the backache..?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Ha ha.

No, I found out at the ripe old age of 58 that I was born with a deformed back and have been 'lucky' that I haven't had any problems before in my life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
You heard him whining? Strange - I never did.

Michel is a good keeper and so is Hendo.
This is what gets me is that the whole thing has polarised fans so much. I'm sure it is still the McGhee effect especially on Nsc. Their stats as posted on other threads show only a small decimal point difference.

:nono:
If Hendo would just shut his gob and get on with his JOB (even when - shockhorror - he's dropped), then I'd have no problem with him at all. As you rightly say, there's not a great deal to choose between him and Kuipers. But its putting Wilkins in an impossible position if he's supposed to consider whether his dropping a player will lead to them walking out on the club.

Its a shame that Hendo has this attitude, but we simply cannot have him trying to bully his way into the team with him harbouring this constant threat of flouncing off if or whenever he's dropped. He's basically holding Wilkins to ransome.

"Play me or I walk"

OK Hendo. f*** off then. Close the door on your way out.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yorkie said:
Ha ha.

No, I found out at the ripe old age of 58 that I was born with a deformed back and have been 'lucky' that I haven't had any problems before in my life.

OI...! Steady on with the "ripe old age of 58"....I,m working my way there...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
If Hendo would just shut his gob and get on with his JOB (even when - shockhorror - he's dropped), then I'd have no problem with him at all. As you rightly say, there's not a great deal to choose between him and Kuipers. But its putting Wilkins in an impossible position if he's supposed to consider whether his dropping a player will lead to them walking out on the club.

Its a shame that Hendo has this attitude, but we simply cannot have him trying to bully his way into the team with him harbouring this constant threat of flouncing off if or whenever he's dropped. He's basically holding Wilkins to ransome.

"Play me or I walk"

OK Hendo. f*** off then. Close the door on your way out.

You heard that conversation personally? Cos it hasn't been printed anywhere.
You're just guessing.

Kuipers handed in a transfer request last year - did you tell him to foxtrot oscar?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
You heard that conversation personally? Cos it hasn't been printed anywhere.
You're just guessing.

Kuipers handed in a transfer request last year - did you tell him to foxtrot oscar?
I'm not referring to any conversation, I don't have to guess. Actions speak louder than words.

Hendo Dropped = Transfer Request.

Kuipers has lost his place in the team through form and injury many, many times in the past. Yes, he handed in a transfer request ONCE last year, off the back of being inexplicably dropped in favour of some useless french bloke. Not that it was any more excusable, as it did basically boil down to the same reason, ie "why the hell am I being dropped for HIM ?"

But the difference is, Kuipers had given this club absolutely superb service before (which really does count for something with me). And ever since that particular fallout with McGhee and his loan spells in the basement, his attitude has been first class. He's knuckled down, battled for the shirt and won his place back in the team. The same cannot be said of Henderson. I was quite prepared to support the fella all the while he remained at the club, but we CANNOT keep hold of a guy who is going to slap in a transfer request every time he is dropped from the team.

Its just not on, and I'm surprised you are defending him.

Last edited:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
where was henderson at the falmer marches ???

i want people to play for BRIGHTON cos they want to play for BRIGHTON
not play for BRIGHTON cos they want to enhance their INTERNATIONAL career

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:

Kuipers has lost his place in the team through form and injury many, many times in the past. Yes, he handed in a transfer request ONCE last year, off the back of being inexplicably dropped in favour of some useless french bloke. Not that it was any more excusable, as it did basically boil down to the same reason, ie "why the hell am I being dropped for HIM ?"

But the difference is, Kuipers had given this club absolutely superb service before (which really does count for something with me). And ever since that particular fallout with McGhee and his loan spells in the basement, his attitude has been first class.

Wrong on several counts. Michel played two games after the Southampton/Chaigneau game. We won against Leeds and then went to Sheff Utd where he conceded 3 goals. The third goal was FDM's fault but he chose to blame Lynch on the pitch which McShane got really upset about and had a row right in front of us. Back in the dressing room (I have been told of a first hand witness account of this on the way home) he flew at the youngsters and McGhee had to defend them. That is why Michel was dropped.

The club showed incredible loyalty to Michel when he had his car crash (his fault) and made himself unavailable for selection costing the club money for loans and when he had his awful shoulder injury (not his fault) Of course he owed the club some loyalty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
Wrong on several counts. Michel played two games after the Southampton/Chaigneau game. We won against Leeds and then went to Sheff Utd where he conceded 3 goals. The third goal was FDM's fault but he chose to blame Lynch on the pitch which McShane got really upset about and had a row right in front of us. Back in the dressing room (I have been told of a first hand witness account of this on the way home) he flew at the youngsters and McGhee had to defend them. That is why Michel was dropped.

The club showed incredible loyalty to Michel when he had his car crash (his fault) and made himself unavailable for selection costing the club money for loans and when he had his awful shoulder injury (not his fault) Of course he owed the club some loyalty.
OK, Kuipers doesn't have an unblemished record at the club. BUT HE DOESN'T DROP IN A TRANSFER REQUEST EVERY FRIGGING TIME HE'S DROPPED. If you're going to trawl back and castigate him for a goalkeeping error over a year ago, then he's clearly never going to have a chance to redeem himself with you. So he had a row with a player on the pitch after conceding a goal ? Jees, did you ever see Peter Schmeical or Les Sealey after they'd let one in ? If you're wanting him hung, drawn and quartered for an isolated barney on the pitch with one of the defenders, then what chance has he got ? Its a passionate game, things are said and done in the heat of the moment. He's not the first keeper to dish out a dubious bollocking to someone else after letting a goal in, and he sure won't be the last.

Bottom line is - under Wilkins this season, Kuipers hasn't put a foot wrong whether he's been in the 1st team or not. I don't CARE about arguments last January. I just want a decent keeper between the sticks who WANTS to play for the club. Kuipers is that man. Hendo wants out. Fine. Bye bye Hendo, and good riddance.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Taking into account the time Hendersons agent took to complete the deal when we bought him I would guess that this deal has been on the back burner for some weeks now and that he was told it would only go ahead if he asked for a transfer and showed that he wanted to leave, hence the transfer reuest and the deal being completed inside 24 hours.

The fact is he has gone, DK has done a reasonably good bit of business to go towards keeping the club afloat and if we can get Blaney for free or I would be happy to have Roberts as back up on a short or non contract basis until Sullivan etc are ready then that is a plus.

The bigger concern and more of a worry is that despite all of the reputed bids for players we still havent signed anybody to put the ball in the other net.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:

Bottom line is - under Wilkins this season, Kuipers hasn't put a foot wrong whether he's been in the 1st team or not.

Blackpool at home? Southend away when we were 1-0 up with just 6 minutes to go?

Bottom line is, I like Kuipers as a keeper but he isn't the perfect god that so many of the fans like to think he is.

Hendo has done very well out of this deal and I am very pleased for him. I agree with Bens Grandad and think this deal has been on the back burner for a while.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I find it odd that so much weight is given to the 'fan can get players out' argument. I think some people give themselves too much importance! They will do what they will do. If fans start shouting about players, there's usually a reason for it, and the management would already be aware of it!
???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pathetic childish over rated big prima donna don't have a go at me or i will run off crying to my Mummy unprofessional looks after himself not team player spills ball to strikers feet falls on his arse and loses a game spoilt Ex BHAFC goalie

NOW FECK OFF AND DON'T COME BACK.

We will be fine with Kuipers and Sullivan.

That is all :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Uncle Spielberg said:
Pathetic childish over rated big prima donna don't have a go at me or i will run off crying to my Mummy

You talking about yourself again US:p :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yorkie said:

I thought we covered this before but anyway. The story i heard (and this of course could be complete and utter monkey nuts) was that MM went to the board and asked for money to sign hendo. he was asked why we needed a new keeper when he wasn't using chaigneau. So Florent was immediately put in against Soton ( a situation that picked at the festering scab that was Leon Knight).

Florent actually did quite well and far from convincing that we needed a new keeper, it kind of made a case for not getting one.

After that, the only way to get hendo in was to have one keeper out and Kuipers was told that due to wage issues he would be the one on his way out (one in - one out scenario). Under fairly understandable pressure he dropped a ricket at Sheff Utd and knowing that next mistake and he was out, he wrongly blamed everybody else. a situation whcih was hardly diffused by the actions of 'calming things down' by the resident scotsman.

He was on his way to Boston and hendo in (with an apparent promise of first team football - which then upset Chaigneau) before you could say, 'I've got my man' (in a glaswegian accent).

Now this is not a 'pro' kuipers post. But if we are gonna hang him out to dry, it is perhaps fair to look at the circumstances around the whole situation.

In the end MM was probably proved right (judging by the transfer fee) but at what cost?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here