FDM up front as the Target Man!!

Could do a job!

:clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
rumble's a twat...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
id suggest we bring in a striker- i'd move for tordorov or pericard at pompey- they have just signed 2 strikers, already have dario silva, and will no doubt sign more.

without hinsh-

henderson
el abd mcshane butters lynch
carole reid nicolas hammond frutos
tordorov

with hinsh i'd play him instead of butters or possibly lynch with el abd moving to left back.

this formation can be adapted to 3 at the back with reid becoming right wing back, 3 up front with the wingers pushing up, or good old 4-4-2 with one mid making way for a striker.

im pretty sure we'd stay up with that team.
easy, and not much money spent.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sack Booker & White, send Tiurenzio, McPhee and McGammon and Kuipers out on loan if I couldnt find somebody to buy them this would reduce the wage bill.

Replace BB and DW by upping Raul Rogers to Res/Ast Managher and keeping him on commercial side part time if he wished desperately to do.

Sign Don Hutchinson, currently on a week to week contract at Coventry, on contract until end of season.

Sign Dave Shipperley from Sheff Utd 6 month deal
+
Michael Chopra from Newcastle on loan
or
Jeremy Alliediere from Arsenal on loan these two being dependant on the amount each club would be willing to pay towards their wages.

ASK all Southern Premiership (London/Portsmouth) clubs about a Youth Full back thus avoiding the cost of hotels etc as they probably live local ish. or Charlton about Chris Powell.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BensGrandad said:

Sign Dave Shipperley from Sheff Utd 6 month deal

:ohmy: Dont think his son would be too pleased about that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1066Seagull said:
I would trial Freddy Eastwood for a fortnight at the club and then make a decision. I would put in a loan bid as I would think bidding for him at this stage would be a gamble.

I will loan out Turienzo to some Conference side, and see if he will improve a bit, and see if he is worthwhile in the lower leagues.

I would offer Joel Lynch a contract keeping him at the club until 2008 and put him in the starting 16.

I will put in an end of season loan bid for Matt Jansen from Blackburn Rovers as our strikeforce asset. I will have used all of the loans by now, see he would of been the last. If he likes it at the club, than try to make a offer for him in which Blackburn would accept.

I would place Tom Brighton on the wanted list, but will not make an official approach in the window.

Just say the loan bid for Freddy Eastwood fell through, I would make an obsured loan bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips until the end of the season paying 0% of his wages and can be recalled. You can hope and try.
:D Lovely stuff.
So Freddy Eastwood would come down here on loan, when he's fired Southend to the top of the table and they've already turned down bids of £750k for him ? OK, sounds good. And I like the idea of having Joel Lynch in a starting 16 though - the only problem with that may be with the FA when we try to persuade them to allow us to have 5 additional players on the field, but worth a go I suppose.

Having Tom Brighton on a 'wanted list', although not making any actual approach to him is an interesting thought, but I'm not sure how that would help us in our current situation. As for Shaun Wright-Phillips for nothing till the end of the season, well he only cost Chelsea £21m in the summer so hey, why not ? Might as well see if Lampard might be interested as well while we're at it.

As you say, we can hope and try.
:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I would sack Booker & White,
Oi! That's outside the scope of this hypothesis.

BensGrandad said:
Replace BB and DW by upping Raul Rogers to Res/Ast Managher and keeping him on commercial side part time if he wished desperately to do.
Interesting, seeing as (a) Paul Rogers' job is already full-time - and needs to be and (b) he has no experience of coaching.

But I respect your opinions. Sometimes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
Reid in midfield for starters.
'Playing Reid in midfield' is not much of a tactic. Play him instead of whom? Alongside whom? What about the goalie, the defensive line-up, and midfield formation, the forward pairing, use of subs, use of new players?

Come on Richie, you're stalling.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Send FDM on loan to gain full fitness (i'm still not convinced)

Loan Bendtner from Arsenal

Loan Iffil from Tottenham

Sign Shipperly till end of Season

Loan out Robinson, Turienzo and Lynch to get experience for next season

Sell/release Mcphee

Tell Oatway, Mayo, Butters, Nicholas & Jarrett they are playing for their futures at the club

Rest Hammond

Use 1066 as a corner flag.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well Henderson, if and when he signs picks himself OBVIOUSLY.

Defence wise I would be tempted to try three across the back simply because we do not have many defenders but after Lynch's performance against Southampton I would slot him in at left back in a back four of El Abd, Butters, McShane and Lynch.

Best bet I guess is to keep things simple when you are struggling and not overcomplicate matters.

I would move Hammond out to left midfield because I think, depsite the good work Frutos gives going forward, our left backs have too often been exposed and Hammond would offer a little more protection.

It would also take some of the pressure off Hammond and allow him to get forward more and hopefully he would rediscover his scoring touch.

Carole would start on the right.

Centre midfield would be Carpenter sitting perhaps a touch more defensively then normal to stop people running at Butters but also to allow him to collect the ball from the back four and start attacks.

Reid would be alongside Carpenter but with a little more license to get forward and use his creativity and ability to knock a killer final ball like he did at Sheffield United last season for Leon's winner.

In attack I would pair Kazim - Richards and Robinson with McCammon coming off the bench in the last twenty minutes when the defence was tiring and Robinson had run himself into the ground.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
Oi! That's outside the scope of this hypothesis.

Interesting, seeing as (a) Paul Rogers' job is already full-time - and needs to be and (b) he has no experience of coaching.

But I respect your opinions. Sometimes.

I believe that when he packed up playing for us and went to play for Sutton then Worthing we should have kept him as player/ manager for the reserves.

If he is so vital to the commercial side give Jamie Rednap or Rob Lee their first steps towards coaching/management. In Rob Lees case he could be registered as a player as an emergency, in Rednapps he could tap his dad for players.

The reasons that I would sack BB and DW are because it would reduce the wages along with the ones to go out on loan to free up more money for incoming wages and hopefully balance the books plus I am not at the training ground to see what they actually do and can only judge by what happens on the field and at the moment that isnt good recommendation for them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here