Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical: Today, you're appointed the manager of Brighton & Hove Albion

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'd play Kuipers as my first string keeper.

I'd put Joel Lynch at Left back. He at least deserved a second effort after Soton game.

I'd leave Mayo in Midfield as cover for Oatway. He's able to do a man marking role and generally put himself about a bit in order to break up play.

I'd play Hinsh and Butter in the centre of defence (once Hinsh is match fit)

I'd play Reid at right back.

Fruty and Carol on the wings.

Chippy in the centre of the park doing his best to put his foot on the ball and take set pieces. I'd Like to buy a replacement for this role and use Chippy as cover though ideally. Not a priority but next in line for available funds.

Up front.

Kasim-Richards would get a regular start. Depending on the size of the opposition I'd play either McCammon or Robinson alongside. Preferably Robinson so that he can develop as a player. There is no future in McCammon and so I'd only use him if I really had to.

I'd offload:

McPhee, Dodd, Turenzo (sp?), McCammon as soon as a replacement became available.

As we don't have the luxury of squad rotation I'd try my best to pick the same team each week so that some sort of understanding could be formed.

I'd target ALL my money at one player. We have very little money to spend but we need quality. Youth team player will have to cover injuries. We're only looking to stay up after all. The sort of player I'd like to go for is a seasoned pro that has been and done it all before. Hopefully I'd be able to negotiate a pay as you play contract for 2 years or something. This would have an immediate affect but more crucially provide someone for Richards and Robinson to learn from.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lammy said:
I'd play Kuipers as my first string keeper.

I'd put Joel Lynch at Left back. He at least deserved a second effort after Soton game.

I'd leave Mayo in Midfield as cover for Oatway. He's able to do a man marking role and generally put himself about a bit in order to break up play.

I'd play Hinsh and Butter in the centre of defence (once Hinsh is match fit)

I'd play Reid at right back.

Fruty and Carol on the wings.

Chippy in the centre of the park doing his best to put his foot on the ball and take set pieces. I'd Like to buy a replacement for this role and use Chippy as cover though ideally. Not a priority but next in line for available funds.

Up front.

Kasim-Richards would get a regular start. Depending on the size of the opposition I'd play either McCammon or Robinson alongside. Preferably Robinson so that he can develop as a player. There is no future in McCammon and so I'd only use him if I really had to.

I'd offload:

McPhee, Dodd, Turenzo (sp?), McCammon as soon as a replacement became available.

As we don't have the luxury of squad rotation I'd try my best to pick the same team each week so that some sort of understanding could be formed.

I'd target ALL my money at one player. We have very little money to spend but we need quality. Youth team player will have to cover injuries. We're only looking to stay up after all. The sort of player I'd like to go for is a seasoned pro that has been and done it all before. Hopefully I'd be able to negotiate a pay as you play contract for 2 years or something. This would have an immediate affect but more crucially provide someone for Richards and Robinson to learn from.

Youve got the Job

Lammys Blue and White Army :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
max an dkeaton - ur a ONE man team - we should've been 3-0 up in 1st 5 mins ........then TOBES came on... nah to be fair ur a good team. i thought our 6 - 1 deafeat was quite good comopared to some of the drubbings uve issued recently. We 're gonna win prem next season lads...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
lammy agree alot but McShane.... an dMAYO shouldnt be in centre..Hammond and chippy...or Reid in the centre with chippy. Hammond needs a rest i think. McCammon is SHITE though.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Sorry I forgot about McShane!

I'd play him alongside Butters until Hinsh is fit. Then I'd play Hinsh and McShane.

I'd have Hammond on the bench and use him as super sub. The reason we need the likes of Mayo/Oatway in the midle of the park is to stop the other team from playing football. If we try and complete with other sides at football we will get beat. If we put up a well disiplined organised side that will battle. We will stand a chance. We need to make it harder for them to score first before we can think about winning games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oh are u just shagging... thought it were SERIOUS...:dunce:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
sheebo said:
oh are u just shagging... thought it were SERIOUS...:dunce:

:ohmy: shagging?

Look, I wash his training kit, run round after him, cook his dinners, and oh yeah, spend his cash! No time for shagging after all that! :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
bollox....i've read some of ur posts mrs BUMMERS x

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
sheebo said:
bollox....i've read some of ur posts mrs BUMMERS x

:blush: Ahhhh but dont always believe everything you read on message boards! :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
yes i agree u talking about heals and treading on kinky gerballs.....think i may have shocked the whole NSC population by suggesting that...and by not being afraid to say GUY may be too old at the end of the season..i do like him though but LOADS of over people are star -struck by YOU. HA HA....HA HA... ur just a regular BIRD me thinks mrs bummers...

1066gull

I would trial Freddy Eastwood for a fortnight at the club and then make a decision. I would put in a loan bid as I would think bidding for him at this stage would be a gamble.

I will loan out Turienzo to some Conference side, and see if he will improve a bit, and see if he is worthwhile in the lower leagues.

I would offer Joel Lynch a contract keeping him at the club until 2008 and put him in the starting 16.

I will put in an end of season loan bid for Matt Jansen from Blackburn Rovers as our strikeforce asset. I will have used all of the loans by now, see he would of been the last. If he likes it at the club, than try to make a offer for him in which Blackburn would accept.

I would place Tom Brighton on the wanted list, but will not make an official approach in the window.

Just say the loan bid for Freddy Eastwood fell through, I would make an obsured loan bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips until the end of the season paying 0% of his wages and can be recalled. You can hope and try.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1066Seagull said:
I would trial Freddy Eastwood for a fortnight at the club and then make a decision. I would put in a loan bid as I would think bidding for him at this stage would be a gamble.

I will loan out Turienzo to some Conference side, and see if he will improve a bit, and see if he is worthwhile in the lower leagues.

I would offer Joel Lynch a contract keeping him at the club until 2008 and put him in the starting 16.

I will put in an end of season loan bid for Matt Jansen from Blackburn Rovers as our strikeforce asset. I will have used all of the loans by now, see he would of been the last. If he likes it at the club, than try to make a offer for him in which Blackburn would accept.

I would place Tom Brighton on the wanted list, but will not make an official approach in the window.

Just say the loan bid for Freddy Eastwood fell through, I would make an obsured loan bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips until the end of the season paying 0% of his wages and can be recalled. You can hope and try.

You do talk shit don't you. Why would a club let their top scorer out on trial? Get a brain and try again. Tom Brighton? You saw him play once against a poor Celtic side and now you want to sign him? Jesus, I can't believe I'm replying to this nonsense. You thick twat.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
thought u were talking half sense at first then. TWAT. u cant just trail any player u want also u mug..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
yeh chappers backing me up innit x

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rightho.

Providing Henderson signs, I would look to get Kuipers set up with a new club. He has been a loyal servant, but is as a senior pro going to be towards the top of the pay scale and his recent injury records are a worry. Henderson and Chaigenau are adequate to cover that position and I would make sure Martin and Sullivan are on longish term contracts and seek to get them loaned out to some senior football experience.

Offloading players, well if McCammon and McPhee could be removed from the wage bill I would. Oatways contract renewal would be put on hold until he has proved his fitness, we do not want a repeat of the Blackwell situation. Carpenter, Hart, Nicolas and Mayo would be told they are playing for their futures.

I would look to use the small transfer budget to bring in an experienced forward such as Shipperley who can lead the line.

I would then be looking to raid Premiership clubs for loans. A player such as Ifill at Spurs could be the left back answer and with regards to midfielders, White, Booker and Hinsh are going to be watching a lot of games to find some answers there.

The formation would be changed to 5-3-2. Butters height is needed, but his lack of pace is a worry. However with McShane and El-Abd (Adam Hinshlewood when fit) alongside him, this can be covered.

Reid would get a run at right wing back, but once Hinshlewood is back, El-Abd would also be challenging for that role.

Regarding the left wing back role, this would hopefully be filled by a loanee, however if needed Mayo would be given a run, if not him Rents would be tried out.

Midfield would be Carpenter and Hammond for the moment, with Carole in a free ish role (like Brooker played in this formation), however loanee midfielder(s) would challenge in this area. Also Nicolas and Frazer would be challenging Hammond and Carpenter.

Up front would be Shipperley style player to lead the line with CKR as his partner to start with and Robinson challenging.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
agree 100% really i guess. though i'd keep kuipers to challenge h'son if poss....agree about formation in a way but think width is essential...maybe frutos left wing back.,..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Rightho.

Providing Henderson signs, I would look to get Kuipers set up with a new club. He has been a loyal servant, but is as a senior pro going to be towards the top of the pay scale and his recent injury records are a worry. Henderson and Chaigenau are adequate to cover that position and I would make sure Martin and Sullivan are on longish term contracts and seek to get them loaned out to some senior football experience.

Offloading players, well if McCammon and McPhee could be removed from the wage bill I would. Oatways contract renewal would be put on hold until he has proved his fitness, we do not want a repeat of the Blackwell situation. Carpenter, Hart, Nicolas and Mayo would be told they are playing for their futures.

I would look to use the small transfer budget to bring in an experienced forward such as Shipperley who can lead the line.

I would then be looking to raid Premiership clubs for loans. A player such as Ifill at Spurs could be the left back answer and with regards to midfielders, White, Booker and Hinsh are going to be watching a lot of games to find some answers there.

The formation would be changed to 5-3-2. Butters height is needed, but his lack of pace is a worry. However with McShane and El-Abd (Adam Hinshlewood when fit) alongside him, this can be covered.

Reid would get a run at right wing back, but once Hinshlewood is back, El-Abd would also be challenging for that role.

Regarding the left wing back role, this would hopefully be filled by a loanee, however if needed Mayo would be given a run, if not him Rents would be tried out.

Midfield would be Carpenter and Hammond for the moment, with Carole in a free ish role (look Brooker played in this formation), however loanee midfielder(s) would challenge in this area. Also Nicolas and Frazer would be challenging Hammond and Carpenter.

Up front would be Shipperley style player to lead the line with CKR as his partner to start with and Robinson challenging.

Bugger another sensible suggestion. Youve got the job with Lammy!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bring in Lockwood on loan - with view to perm to see how good he is

Bring in Barnard and O Hara on loan from spurs

Buy yates for 20k

Get Benjamin for 25k

give contract to wise

and sign Hayeter or remainder of cash plus mcphee and trolly

Henderson