Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical: Today, you're appointed the manager of Brighton & Hove Albion

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
...and you have been given a £60,000 budget for player acquisitions in January, which has to cover fees and salary, and does not include acquiring Wayne Henderson - he would be assumed to be here already.

You have to work with the current management team. You can offload players under contract to loan clubs, and there are only five loanees you can get in, although you can get in players not under contract at other clubs which do not count as loans.

What would you do to keep the Albion in the Championship, and how would you go about it?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd put myself in at left back. I'm probably the best player to have played in that position in the stripes in the last year or so.

Edit: At Withdean that is.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OUT - McCammon, Oatway, Mayo, Butters at end of season

play youth..... first stage

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can you give me a list of players available and the salaries / signing-on fees they would require please?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd insist on Henderson taking on extra training every evening and then pop round to explain to his girlfriend that it is for his benefit :angel:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gritt23 said:
Can you give me a list of players available and the salaries / signing-on fees they would require please?
You do not have a secretary, and Bob Booker is having a haircut.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Keep the £60k and do a runner, no point staying with a sinking ship :p

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sheebo said:

Why Butters? He has been a very consistant performer this year, and who else has stayed fit enough to play in every game this year.

Oatway has been a revelation of late and I think that he is a very important player in the dressing room.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Shipperly for about 35k, Under contract till end of next season. Get shot of Robinson and Turinenzo on loan.

Bring in, on loan. Mellor (if available) and Crainey(might be able to sign for permanent for the extra 25k).

Bring in Dennis Wise on free transfer till end of season.

At the end of season get rid on free.

Mayo, Molango, Dodd. But offer new contracts to Oatway and Butters.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
sheebo said:

So you'd get rid of our two 'leaders' in the squad our only left-back, and the only striker with any aerial presence adn who's actually being playing pretty well at the moment.
i can see now why you're Pitch Invasion team are so shite

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
Why Butters? He has been a very consistant performer this year, and who else has stayed fit enough to play in every game this year.

Oatway has been a revelation of late and I think that he is a very important player in the dressing room.

Agree wholeheartly with the first bit. The second bit I am not so sure. If by revelation you mean not playing shit of late then you are spot on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Butters has been ok this yr he's just about done what's required but i don tthink he can last another season. He has been turned too many times for my liking but has been good at the same time. just dunno if he's got another yr in him and with joel lynch and Elphick looking promising along with Hinsh's comeback and Virgo signing back on loan we will have plenty of centre back options...

my opininon purely - not too bothered if Butters stays if he KEEPS performing ok. nothing against him, just age, an di like his wife. She fUNNY.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i see ur point about oatway but can we afford to keep players who arent always up to champ standards on the wage structure purely cos they're good in dresssing room? i'm not sure. Love Oatway though he so funny.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
keaton said:
So you'd get rid of our two 'leaders' in the squad our only left-back, and the only striker with any aerial presence adn who's actually being playing pretty well at the moment.
i can see now why you're Pitch Invasion team are so shite

Kewaton u SLAG - i gonna BREAK YOU when we play u next yr... replace mayo - there are lots of other leaders around - and note my butters comments an dMcCammon is the WORST excuse for a player since David Lee.

an dur pitch invasion team is a ONE man team - we were pissing over u lot till tubby tobes arrived..:angry:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
How do you know Butters wife?

i dont Know her like but she posts on here and NSP and seems a good crack. if BUTTERS can last another season of course keep him... but if he'll be old and crap we cant afford it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
sheebo said:
Kewaton u SLAG - i gonna BREAK YOU when we play u next yr... replace mayo - there are lots of other leaders around - and note my butters comments an dMcCammon is the WORST excuse for a player since David Lee.

an dur pitch invasion team is a ONE man team - we were pissing over u lot till tubby tobes arrived..:angry:
what part of the game were you pissing all over us?
was your game plan to be 3-0 and not get the ball out of your own half?
i skinned three of you lot and i'm our only defender

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here