Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull Stewards & Police

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
munster monch said:
Like it or not, you guys are going to have to learn or expect more of this. Sitting is here to stay and all the websites, protests and whinging in the world isn't going to change it.

You could always go and support Southwick or Lancing etc if you want to stand.

MM, out of interest, how do the Irish Rugby Board get away with terracing at Lansdowne Road? I thought all-seater stadia for international sports events was a European ruling.

West Hoathly Seagull said:
MM, out of interest, how do the Irish Rugby Board get away with terracing at Lansdowne Road? I thought all-seater stadia for international sports events was a European ruling.

No - it's a British thing following the Taylor report and Hillsborough.

As a sometime habitue of those LR terraces, I'd perfer to sit to be honest and look forward to that stadium's imminent redevelopment!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
London Irish said:
No - it's a British thing following the Taylor report and Hillsborough.

As a sometime habitue of those LR terraces, I'd perfer to sit to be honest and look forward to that stadium's imminent redevelopment!

Yes, it does look rather clapped out!! I think the stand the England fans wrecked is almost 100 years old.

Dandyman

In London village.
junior said:
I cant imagine anybody would be thrown out for standing up,without being given the option to sit-down first.

I hate sitting at football,and out of principal i always stay standing for as long as possible.HOWEVER,as soon as someone ask's me to sit down,i smile politely and take my seat.I wouldnt risk getting ejected from a ground just to make a point about not sitting down.

They were sitting on the lip of the seats (top bit) which a steward had previously indicated was acceptable.

They were not given any individual warning prior to being ejected.

If drunk means disorderly and out of control then that was not the case either.

They are both long standing (no pun) supporters who were there (as were all our group) to cheer on the team and have a day out . Not thugs, not yobs, just fans.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Its a bit of double standards really, the guy sitting behind us was totallt sparko for the whole game, no one could wake him up, and the stewards just laughed at him, as no one could get past him, he posed a bigger threat than those standing up !

That said, Hull have to be seen to be doing the right thing as The FA or whoever are probably looking at them closely after the QPR debacle, I found the stewards pretty reasonable with us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rougvie said:
Its a bit of double standards really, the guy sitting behind us was totallt sparko for the whole game, no one could wake him up, and the stewards just laughed at him, as no one could get past him, he posed a bigger threat than those standing up !

That said, Hull have to be seen to be doing the right thing as The FA or whoever are probably looking at them closely after the QPR debacle, I found the stewards pretty reasonable with us.

Well surely if people couldn't get past the bloke who was incapacitated for whatever reason surely he was a definate safety hazard ?

I reckon you're spot on about the QPR situation though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've heard that two of the people that were chucked out were high on glue as well. I will definitely vouch for them if asked to, even though they are drug taking, beer swilling rule breakers :jester:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Stewards mmmmmmm bloody getting to cocky these days:lolol:
What is coming to football these days,they exspect you to drive 500 miles their and back to sit still in a seat:shootself they should be gratefull i was in a good mood:lolol:

Shame about the dire game anyway,why wasn't carole playing:angry:

All in all a great weekend:drink:

makes you wonder why we bother even going to matches these days,its getting more pathetic year by year:nono:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Dandyman said:
Having had two mates thrown out of the game for the "crime" of standing up in the second to last row at the back of the stand with nothing behing them except an advertising board may I nominate the Hull stewards as the biggest bunch of self-important over zealous over the top cocks of the season.

Also if I were a Hull council tax payer I would love to know how the full blown and totally unnecessary riot squad presence outside the ground cost.

:tosser:

Haven't read the rest of this thread but based on the first post:

I think your mates were the ones thrown out a few rows behind me. The crime they were ejected for may be petty, but I couldn't really feel sorry for them due to their constant abuse aimed at Brighton players, and an absolutely DISGUSTING racist comment about Leon Knight.

The other 2 i saw get thrown out were one bloke I saw absolutely hammered in the pub beforehand and was no shock, and some guy who appeared to be trying to hit a policeman,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If said person was trying to hit a policeman then being thrown out seems very tame :lolol: :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
I've heard that two of the people that were chucked out were high on glue as well. I will definitely vouch for them if asked to, even though they are drug taking, beer swilling rule breakers :jester:

I'd be careful Dwayne, you could come unstuck.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Hull Stewards & Police

ATFC Seagull said:
I think your mates were the ones thrown out a few rows behind me. The crime they were ejected for may be petty, but I couldn't really feel sorry for them due to their constant abuse aimed at Brighton players, and an absolutely DISGUSTING racist comment about Leon Knight.

Oh dear.....

:(

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: Hull Stewards & Police

ATFC Seagull said:
Haven't read the rest of this thread but based on the first post:

The other 2 i saw get thrown out were one bloke I saw absolutely hammered in the pub beforehand and was no shock, and some guy who appeared to be trying to hit a policeman,
they should be banned end of,the day after being told to stop standing they do so.also one of them struggled with the stewards rather than go quitely,nice having to explain that to my 8 year old watching(muppets i think i said),ban them for good i say,we dont need this sort of attention

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Yorkie said:
No problem. I know one of them was drunk but I would be prepared to write a letter of support if needed.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Yorkie, not the most sensible thing to do at Hull!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
gerbil said:
i wouldn't bother. He's always been a bit of a knob.

I'm surprised he was even allowed in.

My mate went up there with him and he was hammered on the train.

Couldn't agree more, a couple of my mates know him as an acquaintance. Nearly caused no end of troubles in Yates in town with bar staff, Hull fans, local skinheads and other Albion fans.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ATFC Seagull said:
Couldn't agree more, a couple of my mates know him as an acquaintance. Nearly caused no end of troubles in Yates in town with bar staff, Hull fans, local skinheads and other Albion fans.

Who are you talking about?

There is an awful lot of hearsay and speculation on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here