Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull Stewards & Police

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I cant imagine anybody would be thrown out for standing up,without being given the option to sit-down first.

I hate sitting at football,and out of principal i always stay standing for as long as possible.HOWEVER,as soon as someone ask's me to sit down,i smile politely and take my seat.I wouldnt risk getting ejected from a ground just to make a point about not sitting down.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Like it or not, you guys are going to have to learn or expect more of this. Sitting is here to stay and all the websites, protests and whinging in the world isn't going to change it.

You could always go and support Southwick or Lancing etc if you want to stand.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sitting down at football sucks, we reserve the right as Human Beings to be allowed to stand wherever we so please.....DOWN with the system...STAND for your right to STAND at football matches! To Soho Square we MARCH!

www.standup-sittingisforlosers.com

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Marc said:
sitting down at football sucks, we reserve the right as Human Beings to be allowed to stand wherever we so please.....DOWN with the system...STAND for your right to STAND at football matches! To Soho Square we MARCH!

www.standup-sittingisforlosers.com

How ridiculous, the owners of the ground reserve the right to enforce you to sit in the seat you paid for or eject you.

FACT

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
munster monch said:

You could always go and support Southwick or Lancing etc if you want to stand.

and to fight the system Southwicks old seating area burnt down giving MORE power to the STANDUP Peoples Front Of Michael STANDing!

it was "arson" apparently....yeah RIGHT :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
No problem. I know one of them was drunk but I would be prepared to write a letter of support if needed.

We've all had a few too many before a game but to be ejected and then for it to be said about you on a widely read messageboard that you were drunk at the time is probably not the best thing that could happen, in fairness.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Marc said:
and to fight the system Southwicks old seating area burnt down giving MORE power to the STANDUP Peoples Front Of Michael STANDing!

it was "arson" apparently....yeah RIGHT :D

Their seats weren't up to much anyway, I slid sideways to make room for someone many years ago and got about a dozen splinters in my bum. I had to sneak off to the loo trying to hide the pain and pick them out.

The blood spots in my pants took some explaining to my mum

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
I would like to know how the police choose which games they send extra riot police to.

A couple of seasons ago we played Sheff Wed (who never cause any problems) on Easter Monday at Withdean.
The whole place was crawling with police, vans, cctv etc all the way along London Rd.

I wonder whether it was anything to do with double pay on Bank Holidays?

Bank Holiday games in seaside resorts have always been more heavily policed. A larger number of away fans than normal will 'make a weekend of it'. In the case of a well supported team (Sheff Wed) playing a team with limited capacity (us) - there is a high chance of a number of people turning up hoping to get in somehow. A heavier police presence than normal is prudent, IMHO.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
We've all had a few too many before a game but to be ejected and then for it to be said about you on a widely read messageboard that you were drunk at the time is probably not the best thing that could happen, in fairness.

I haven't said who. There were two people ejected.
Not much evidence there that can be used.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
junior said:
Were the offenders asked to sit down by stewards/Police??

If they were,and didnt comply with the requests of police/stewards far be it for me to suggest they were correctly ejected:eek:

Blue&white striped spectacles i think here!!

Of course, the chaps concerned may have been ejected for no good reason. It happens, most of us have seen it. Some of us will have been directly affected by it.

But, after the news of the past couple of days, if anyone has been ejected for persistent standing they are, frankly, f***ing stupid.

And I doubt the Albion will be that sympathetic to their plight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
I haven't said who. There were two people ejected.
Not much evidence there that can be used.

So Martin Perry gets a report on his desk with two named individuals that have been ejected from the KC Stadium. He sighs, looks up at his PC and has a persual of NSC. There he reads people discussing that one of these people were drunk.

I imagine he gets really sympathetic to their situation at this point.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You think that Martin Perry has time to trawl all through the Hull threads to find a certain post?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
You think that Martin Perry has time to trawl all through the Hull threads to find a certain post?

According to Ernie he does.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:

I bet you he'll know that it has been discussed that they were drunk.

Anyway, f*** this - it's a nice day - I'm going out.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:

I would imagine The Insider does though and would probably pass on the info as it would be in the clubs interests to ensure people comply and the Albion do not get a reduced allocation.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I hate sitting at football, we puposely went to the back, so that if we stood up we wouldnt upset anyone.

However, after reading Martin Perrys statement, I, like many others chose to sit down when the stewards asked.

At the end of the day, its the rules, if as Albion fans we want our away allocations to be reduced, carry on. I for one would rather sit at a game than not be able to get a ticket at all.

I saw the person concerned, and at the end of the day they were just trying to make a point, but they should have realised they were fighting a losing battle.

Face it people, standing will never be acceptable at all seater stadiums including Falmer, so start getting used to the idea.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
No problem. I know one of them was drunk but I would be prepared to write a letter of support if needed.

i wouldn't bother. He's always been a bit of a knob.

I'm surprised he was even allowed in.

My mate went up there with him and he was hammered on the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here