Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Howe to Charlton

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
makes them a real threat surely but so so funny that he turned Palace down.

I wonder how it will impact on Bournemouth?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bmth are punching above their weight.

I must admit to being surprised that they are still up there tho. They WOULD have fallen away with or without Howe.

I also maintained that there was no way Carlisle would last the pace (shame we played them at the begininng of the season) if we played them now I reckon we would turn them over.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I know nothing about this player for the Cherries but Pearce there center half is getting rave reviews.

I hope some more of there players get snapped up or the manager leaves.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bmth are punching above their weight.

I must admit to being surprised that they are still up there tho. They WOULD have fallen away with or without Howe.

I also maintained that there was no way Carlisle would last the pace (shame we played them at the begininng of the season) if we played them now I reckon we would turn them over.

No way they are puching above there weight.Go and look at there home record.That is no fluke.It's no different from when we did back to back promotions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No way they are puching above there weight.Go and look at there home record.That is no fluke.It's no different from when we did back to back promotions.

Nobodys saying its a fluke, the table doesn't lie at this stage of the season - Bornmuff have done brilliantly so far. But having been promoted last season, and with very limited resources, they are punching well above their weight to be up amongst the L1 frontrunners at the halfway stage. Thats testament to them and their (now ex) manager.

Mind you, they should certainly be at least a point worse off and us 2 better off after that last-gasp FARCE at our place.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nobodys saying its a fluke, the table doesn't lie at this stage of the season - Bornmuff have done brilliantly so far. But having been promoted last season, and with very limited resources, they are punching well above their weight to be up amongst the L1 frontrunners at the halfway stage. Thats testament to them and their (now ex) manager.

Mind you, they should certainly be at least a point worse off and us 2 better off after that last-gasp FARCE at our place.

Sorry mate i have to disagree about punching above there weight.They have a very good team who are well drilled together.They just sold a player to Millwall and Pittman a while back.They still have a couple of players who would be knocking on our first team door.Players like Pugh and Bartley? They have a quality manager who didn't make wholesale changes in the summer.They have played all the top clubs away from home and have a half decent away record.
They will be up there all season i feel unless Howe goes.Maybe you and others are looking at it as little old Bournemouth to deeply.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Thank you Easy. It allows me to say THIS.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hang on, everyone is talking as if this is definite yet I see no evidence?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nothing to do with little old Bmth to be fair they are up there on merit BUT (and I havent followed too closely) I would venture they have probably also been lucky with not having key injuries or suspensions.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thank you Easy. It allows me to say THIS.
So your theory that teams with low gates and wage bill are automatically classed as punching above their weight against the bigger boys? Nothing to do with squad/manager and many other things?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm a bit surprised at his decision as Palace are still in with a chance of staying up and have money. According to a Charlton supporting acquaintance of mine Charlton are utterly potless. Has this actually become official yet ? Rochdale have denied an approach from Palace for Keith Hill as well. I would have thought Hughton would be the man for Palace.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm a bit surprised at his decision as Palace are still in with a chance of staying up and have money. According to a Charlton supporting acquaintance of mine Charlton are utterly potless. Has this actually become official yet ? Rochdale have denied an approach from Palace for Keith Hill as well. I would have thought Hughton would be the man for Palace.

Your mate knows shite then Frank.Charlton have been taken over recently and have money to spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here