Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
He has the steely-eyed look of a member of the Hitler Youth

0,,10324~2958647,00.jpg

Or Charlie X in Star Trek

charles_evans.jpg

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Is he about to make fools of those of us who were singing his praises just 48 hours ago?
Leaving aside the prejudices you all have against Croydon's finest, I cannot understand why he'd choose Burnley ahead of Charlton or Palace. He's a South Coast lad and unless I'm mistaken has spent his entire life there. Burnley might have more money right now, and particularly passionate and devoted supporters; but it's a small place with limited prospects, and the potential at either of the London clubs is greater.
I'm a Northerner, but putting myself in his shoes, if I was going to leave my club it would be for The Valley or Selhurst Park.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their Chairman is declining to comment and Howe himself is refusing to talk to the press ahead of tomorrow's game with Colchester. Asst Manager, Jason Tindall, is handling all interviews and is reportedly "non-committal" about their future and says there will be no news head of tomorrow's game etc etc.

Will the attraction of having premiership parachute money to spend be too much?

Meanwhile Burnley thought to have offered 700K+ compensation which would surely be tough for Bournemouth to turn down as they are still in a very tough financial position.

Rumour that Howe and Tindall will attend Burnley's game against QPR on Saturday and be announced as their new management team on Sunday. Bournemouth expected to promote from within.

Has to be bad news for their promotion hopes...........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Possibly being vey unfair on Fletcher, but based solely on his playing 'style' I can only imagine him being an old-skool 'up and at 'em' manager.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Fletcher supported by their reserves manager, Roach (?). He's the guy who brought through their current batch of players including Pitman, McQuoid and Pugh.

Assuming Howe does go this time (and I've still got egg on my face from starting this thread on the false report that he was going to Charlton) any change is bad news for AFCB surely and if they delay an appointment even better for us.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Having religiously followed the Bournemouth Echo live blog feed all day and night Monday and all day Tuesday (up to 1,500 people a time following and posting on it, a mix of Bournemouth, Palace and Charlton) it will be the biggest kick in the teeth ever to Bournemouth fans and players if he now joins Burnley, and I'd expect them to sink like a stone.

FWIW Charlton reportedly about to appoint Chrissy Powell (CAFC legend, currently first team coach at Leicester) to his first manager's job. Skybet closed the book after he'd come in from 12-1 to 1-10 overnight. Would be well happy with Powell if this turns out to be the case, League One seems the place for first time managers to shine.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
In all seriousness fataddick I think you are making a good choice although whether he can hit the ground running to get you in contention for an automatic promotion place I doubt. Still every chance of the play-offs though and as you say he has always been a top bloke. He should make a good manager.

As for Bournemouth - they must be absolutely gutted. I can only imagine that if/when Howe goes they will want to lynch him and their chairman although the reality must be that the compensation they get (and would never have got of Charlton or Palace) could singlehandedly secure the club's future after three or four years when they looked like going out of business. Worth missing out on the chance of promotion for? I would say yes but that's probably because we have been there and know what it's like to look into the abyss

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Yes: it looks as though Eddie is off, 48 hours after the last fiasco in which he virtually pledged his immediate future to the club....I say immediate as in at least until the end of the season.

Gutted is an understatement, we had just got into our stride again, yet between the manager and chairman have almost certainly killed our season.

You may well come to Dean Court in your thousands to find a very different set up, one that may play into your hands.

It leaves a bitter taste knowing your manager is contemplating leaving......twice in 3 days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very sad if it happens. Either he was committed to Bournemouth or he wasn't. Burnley should not have changed that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Yes: it looks as though Eddie is off, 48 hours after the last fiasco in which he virtually pledged his immediate future to the club....I say immediate as in at least until the end of the season.

Gutted is an understatement, we had just got into our stride again, yet between the manager and chairman have almost certainly killed our season.

You may well come to Dean Court in your thousands to find a very different set up, one that may play into your hands.

It leaves a bitter taste knowing your manager is contemplating leaving......twice in 3 days.

Genuinely feel for you even if it is to our potential advantage. I know how we would feel if Gus & Tanno were looking elsewhere.
On the plus side, while you would have got nothing much from Palace or Charlton, the compo from Burnley should see you financially secure (Can't see Murray spending much if any on the squad)

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

You may well come to Dean Court in your thousands to find a very different set up, one that may play into your hands

immediate future as in next couple of days by the looks of it!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[yt]P3A_Xfdp2KU[/yt]

Two days ago.....you couldn't make it up :lolol:

[yt]zNF9HXjP0s4[/yt]

This is from yesterday......bless them all.

Last edited:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Remember all the Burnley fans bleating about Bolton nicking Owen Coyle well................

the football merry go round continues.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Remember all the Burnley fans bleating about Bolton nicking Owen Coyle well................

the football merry go round continues.

You never know, Eddie might change his mind. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here