• Won't Vote

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Because the Tories are leading the country/world back to ruin with continuous selfish acts to protect the rich. Hence I wouldn't trust a Tory and therefore wouldn't take their advice either.
So with quite a lot of the Labour Party backing no, you wont listen to them then?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Which is what we got with FPTP. Bloody nightmare this democracy nonsense. No wonder them sandy countries prefer to just run things the way they want to.

That is a very good point.

We NEED an unelected military General to run this country.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So with quite a lot of the Labour Party backing no, you wont listen to them then?

Yes, I'll listen. I used to vote Labour before they lent towards the right. I listened and decided I want AV. But the rule of thumb with the conservatives since the 80's is if they want something it's usually for them and not for the people.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The reality is that Brighton and Hove will wake up to a Labour/Green council alliance on Friday morning. You read it here first.

Do you think that HB&B will make a Phil Collins-like promise to leave the city if that comes to pass?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For me, AV is better than FPTP for the following primary reason;

It allows me to express my true preferences. I can live in a constituency dominated by two parties, vote for a different party but am still allowed to express my preference between the two that it will ultimately come down to. Under FPTP, I have to consider the fact that my first preference does not have a chance of getting in, and in order to make my vote 'count' (i.e. in order to express a preference towards one of the two primary parties in my constituency) I have to vote tactically. Under AV, I can vote for my true choice, but also express a preference between the two parties that realistically will fight it out to represent me in parliament.

Nail and head...........and labour

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thats the danger with AV everyone gets what no-one actually wanted.

And everyone wanted this hung Parliament did they?

Scotland was a virtually Tory-free Zone in the 18 years of Tory power 79-97, ditto Wales. This lack of representation helped lead to the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly, and a general breakdown in the cohesiveness of the UK. They certainly didn't get what they wanted in those 18 years either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here