Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other and YES

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Other and NO

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Won't Vote

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

With 150 votes cast (and ignoring the 'Won't Vote' voters) ...

The parties:-
Labour 31%
Conservative 27%
Other 19%
Green 14%
Liberal Democrat 9%

The referendum:-
Yes 57%
No 43%

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cameron hastoday used the phrase "fairy dairy" in PMQ&A to refer to people presumably living outside of London. This man has the charisma of the plague if he says vote against the AV or in fact anything at all vote for it. A good spell down the pit or the sewers in fact a proper job at all would sort that lad out. He is so far removed from normality he is in orbit and as for his pal Hague don't get me started on that smarmy fellow. The man at number 11 is equally odious in fact anyone who needs people to vote for them to satisfy their fragile ego and line their pockets from the public purse is frankly highly suspect. What would they all do if no-one bothered to vote at all I wonder? I have not voted since 1984 and then I voted for my husband but I will vote for AV tommorrow just to vote against Cameron and all his goon conservative pals.
And Labour did not line their pocket from the Public purse did they? They left this country with a terrible debt which is costing millions in interest EVERYDAY...they sold a huge amount of our gold reserves when gold was at one of it's lowest prices ever, which cost millions in lost interest.Then leaving a note saying "There is no money left" just shows their childish thinking...was it supposed to be a joke? I bet your one of these people that think "Labour is for the working man"...that is so untrue,they line their pockets like most politicians before them. Every time Labour get into power this country is left with debt and malaise and a new government has to clear up the mess.
And as for voting for AV just to spite DC and the Tories...very adult,is that your best reason for the YES vote?
I am not a Tory voter either,UKIP is my choice and we should be having a vote on the EU.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
You cannot have the woolly headed liberal democrats holding the balance of power forever. 50% of the population working in the public sector does not work as there is insufficient wealth creation to pay for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And Labour did not line their pocket from the Public purse did they? They left this country with a terrible debt which is costing millions in interest EVERYDAY...they sold a huge amount of our gold reserves when gold was at one of it's lowest prices ever, which cost millions in lost interest.Then leaving a note saying "There is no money left" just shows their childish thinking...was it supposed to be a joke? I bet your one of these people that think "Labour is for the working man"...that is so untrue,they line their pockets like most politicians before them. Every time Labour get into power this country is left with debt and malaise and a new government has to clear up the mess.
And as for voting for AV just to spite DC and the Tories...very adult,is that your best reason for the YES vote?
I am not a Tory voter either,UKIP is my choice and we should be having a vote on the EU.
We should NEVER have a vote on the EU. How about UKIP win a single seat before they start bleating about a referendum that not a single seat holding party in the commons is advocating. I've got a bee in my bonnet on certain issues. Should we have a referendum on those too? Sake. :nono:

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
I have done my duty as and on behalf of NSC have been and voted against Bellotti in the local election, once again. Sad thing is that the local voters have little appreciation of what he did in Brighton, so the Lib Dems will probably get back in in our ward. Chances are any anti Lib Dem movement will go towards the Greens not Cons and keep Bellotti in.

I've had my Centenary tee-shirt hanging in the from window for the last two weeks and despite Bellotti being seen in our road, he has kept away from my door. I think he got the message on a previous occasion.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Am I correct in thinking that the Tories elected their leader using what is effectively an AV voting system, and that if they had used a FPTP system Cameron wouldn't have been elected leader?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Am I correct in thinking that the Tories elected their leader using what is effectively an AV voting system, and that if they had used a FPTP system Cameron wouldn't have been elected leader?

no, you would be wrong, unless they've changed how AV works.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We should NEVER have a vote on the EU. How about UKIP win a single seat before they start bleating about a referendum that not a single seat holding party in the commons is advocating. I've got a bee in my bonnet on certain issues. Should we have a referendum on those too? Sake. :nono:

Without getting into the pros or cons of the EU itself ( that would probably stretch the thread to 50+ pages ! ), we should have a referendum because this country voted to enter a common market. The EU is a completely different beast from the one the public voted on. Much power has been moved to the EU with no agreement from the British public - both Labour and Conservatives have similar policies on the EU and so the arguement that we get a say at a General Election is rubbish. The EU has far more effect on our every day lives that the voting system we use does yet we have a referendum on a minor change to our voting system :facepalm:

Most people who say there shouldn't be a referendum on Europe are pro-EU which would suggest they know it is very likely a referendum would vote in favour of the UK changing it's relationship with the EU - either complete withdrawal or a trading status like Switzerland.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Without getting into the pros or cons of the EU itself ( that would probably stretch the thread to 50+ pages ! ), we should have a referendum because this country voted to enter a common market. The EU is a completely different beast from the one the public voted on. Much power has been moved to the EU with no agreement from the British public - both Labour and Conservatives have similar policies on the EU and so the arguement that we get a say at a General Election is rubbish. The EU has far more effect on our every day lives that the voting system we use does yet we have a referendum on a minor change to our voting system :facepalm:

Most people who say there shouldn't be a referendum on Europe are pro-EU which would suggest they know it is very likely a referendum would vote in favour of the UK changing it's relationship with the EU - either complete withdrawal or a trading status like Switzerland.
Do you think we should have a referendum on whether to have a royal family as head of state? What about a referendum on the death penalty? After all, no real choice between the parties there either.

Or should we just accept that decisions are NOT made by a general public for good reason, and accept that we elect people to make the laws of the land?

And leaving the EU would be an economic disaster, which is a fact only xenophobic simpletons seem unable to grasp. If we don't like the way the EU works, the best way would be to GET INVOLVED and shape it for the better, rather than sniping on the sidelines wittering on about some flimsy "special relationship" with the USA which barely seems to benefit us at all.

Do you think we should have a referendum on whether to have a royal family as head of state? What about a referendum on the death penalty? After all, no real choice between the parties there either.

Or should we just accept that decisions are NOT made by a general public for good reason, and accept that we elect people to make the laws of the land?

And leaving the EU would be an economic disaster, which is a fact only xenophobic simpletons seem unable to grasp. If we don't like the way the EU works, the best way would be to GET INVOLVED and shape it for the better, rather than sniping on the sidelines wittering on about some flimsy "special relationship" with the USA which barely seems to benefit us at all.

I agree with this entirely. The idea that the general populace knows best about most things is laughable. There's lots of things that we could have a referendum on that would change the current status quo, but instead we accept the views of the experts.

D

Deleted User X18H

With 150 votes cast (and ignoring the 'Won't Vote' voters) ...

The parties:-
Labour 31%
Conservative 27%
Other 19%
Green 14%
Liberal Democrat 9%

The referendum:-
Yes 57%
No 43%

And I always thought officals were not supposed to divulge the voting process at any stage until the offical count!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
And I always thought officals were not supposed to divulge the voting process at any stage until the offical count!

That's why the thread title is "How will you vote tomorrow?" That WAS the official count.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

No - as neither have a direct bearing on our day to day life and laws that are passed.

Strange, Switzerland seems to be doing just fine without being a member. They still trade with the EU on the same terms as members do. I'm sorry if the UK making it's own laws and not being tied to those made by the EU means you think I'm xenophobic or in someway makes me want to "side" with the US - I'm neither xenophobic nor keen to get into bed with the yanks. Accusing those of us who want us to leave the EU of that somewhat deflects attention from your argument.

No - as neither have a direct bearing on our day to day life and laws that are passed.

This is an odd point - we don't directly elect the Lord Chief Justice or Lord Chancellor or any other judges, yet they have a direct impact upon the laws of the country. Ultimately we trust those people that we do elect - the politicians - to represent our best interests using the information that they have available to them on a topic-by-topic basis.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
This is an odd point - we don't directly elect the Lord Chief Justice or Lord Chancellor or any other judges, yet they have a direct impact upon the laws of the country.

Judges don't make the laws they pass sentence on people who have been found guilty of breaking them. In some cases they interpret the law but they never make them.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Yes David Davies finished ahead on the first round of voting. If that had been carried out on a FPTP system he would have been elected but no doubt by now dropped; he seems to have displayed some alarming "Duncan-Smith" tendencies, like resigning his seat so he could have a by-election that no-one cared about, the other major parties didn't contest, and cost the taxpayer £10,000s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here