Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Won't Vote

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Point taken on the war issue, but I don't accept your rationale on VAT. Also, how difficult a decision has it really been to slash spending? The Tories have simply carried out their political will which is always to slash the public sector, and then blamed it on the previous administration.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Except that this coalition government has taken far tougher decisions than Labour did in 13 years of government, i.e. government cuts, VAT increase, tuition fees, NI rises.

Yeah, I reckon the Tories found cutting public services really tough

Point taken on the war issue, but I don't accept your rationale on VAT. Also, how difficult a decision has it really been to slash spending? The Tories have simply carried out their political will which is always to slash the public sector, and then blamed it on the previous administration.

It's a tough decision because it was not in their manifesto (it was patently clear that all 3 parties agreed to avoid talking about it at all) and it is (and always will be) unpopular with voters. I'm not saying that any other party wouldn't have done the same, but nonetheless it was a more 'difficult' decision than any that I can think of made by the previous administration.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Green, Green, Green YES

(ofc being in Mid Sussex those green votes were a complete waste, thanks FPTP!)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Do you think we should have a referendum on whether to have a royal family as head of state? What about a referendum on the death penalty? After all, no real choice between the parties there either.

Or should we just accept that decisions are NOT made by a general public for good reason, and accept that we elect people to make the laws of the land?

And leaving the EU would be an economic disaster, which is a fact only xenophobic simpletons seem unable to grasp. If we don't like the way the EU works, the best way would be to GET INVOLVED and shape it for the better, rather than sniping on the sidelines wittering on about some flimsy "special relationship" with the USA which barely seems to benefit us at all.

Fact...How do we shape it for the better and how would it be an ecomonic disaster? We import far more from the EU than we sell to them.We have lost most of our fishing fleet and waters, fishing boats from Spain register their boats here then take their catch back to Spain.EU makes the rules and we obey whereas the French farmers are subsidised for imaginary land and disregard any ruling that does'nt suit them. The accounts of the EU have not been passed as legit in 13 years,the whole system is corrupt with nepotism (As with the Kinnocks) and expenses fiddles.
You cannot vote out a bad member of any other nation,only vote in one from UK.
You only have to look at the countries struggling under EU rules of the Euro,Greece,Ireland,Portugal and Spain next on the list...and we as members of Europeon Union but not the Euro have to help to bail them out because that idiot Darling signed us up to it before Labour
left office..
We can no more shape the EU from the inside than we can from the outside. We were promised a Referendum from Labour,from the Tories long before the AV referendum...but I suppose we should not trust a promise from the government.
And why you insult other people from having a different view from yours is beyond belief.."xenophobic simpletons" sniping from the sidelines,wittering on.... your entitled to your opinion but it is not right that you slag other people off for having theirs.

With the real polls now closed, the result of the NSC vote is ...

Parties:-
Labour 30%
Conservative 28%
Other 16%
Green 16%
Liberal Democrat 10%

Referendum:-
Yes 55%
No 45%

'Won't Vote' votes count for nothing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else walk away from the polling station paranoid they ticked the wrong name (i.e. ticked the wrong box(es), not that they are supporting the wrong guy) or that the ticked too many boxes?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Green, Green, Green YES

(ofc being in Mid Sussex those green votes were a complete waste, thanks FPTP!)

while under AV, those votes will be third to be ignored and your second preference counted instead. assuming the Tories dont romp home on the first round. if you support a minority party, dont expect it to be a vote for the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here